Sign in to follow this  
HeinBloed

New Sight for GL and 5Rnd grenade pounch

This Addon changes:

- Sight for under barrel grenadelanchers. Calibrated from 50 to 300 meters.

- HE and flare grenades replaced by 5rnd grenade pounch (2 Slots).

- Grenadiers equipped with 8 magazines, 4 handgrenades and 4 5rnd grenade pounches.

For full functionality this addon must be installed on server and client.

Required:

Original Version of Armed Assault 1.08+

Download GDTModGrenadier (250kb)

Knowing bugs:

The secondary (pistol) magazine slots are showing two pictures for every 2-slot magazine (ArmA bug).

This addon is not full compatible with other addons with grenadiers. Some grenadiers will get 8 grenade pounches (16 slots).

GDTModGrenadier_sight.jpg

GDTModGrenadierPounch.jpg

This optics are great! notworthy.gif

Finaly i'm able to hit something with the GL! biggrin_o.gif

Thx, Hein!

MfG Medicus

I put it into my addon folder......now what?huh.gif

Play the game. Like his other addons nothing else is necessary. The Grenadier should now have this sight and ammo pouches instead of single grenades in each slot. Check it out and if it doesn't do anything maybe something conflicts with it.

I just tried this and once again you've greatly improved my playing experience. I love your creations. I'm excited to see what you improve next. Thank you.

Hi Maddmatt!

First,i want to thank you for this nice mod.

Second,i got question - how can i enable standart GL ironsight without

deinstallation your mod ?

And the last - idea to put grenades in pounch is great! How about do

the same with magazines ?

Hi Maddmatt!...

huh.gif

I didn't make this addon, check the first post tounge2.gif

Here's this mod that just disables the new optics, for those that like the normal M203/GP25 leaf sights.

I have nothing to do with this mod, nor claim to have added anything to it, all I've done is remove the added optics.

No Optics Download - FileFront

Update

Leaf sight from M16A2 GL and M16A4 GL turned down. This Models are based on the M16A4_GL from ArmA - Sample models from Bohemia Interactive.

Hi, will be possible to make that addon grenades (for M203 & GP25)

use the main weapon slots instead the secondary weapon slots?.

That will be a better than use those few secondary weapon slots

that we have... while a vest have space for 24 nades/flares...

we just have (thanks to BIS) 8 slots that we've to share with the

side weapon ammo, so there's not enough room for equip a SF unit

with a side weapon, grenades and flares; or at least not enough to

get to the next firefight. And this almost make the (default) grenade

launchers useless and pointless. Let's C ya

I tried this addon.

The only thing that really keeps me away from using it as a standard is, that the grenade lauchner view are not the stock ones from bis. I find the grenade launcher view included in this addon very unrealistic. If it was the view from BIS I would use it.

I second this, excellent addon but I rather perfer to use the original sight on both US and russians weapons (especially at the russian GP-25).

So I won't use it with the optical sight

Could you give the choice of the sight to the user in some init field ?

If you guys would play in Veteran Mode, you would be able to understand why HeinBloed created this addon. Without crosshair you have no chance to aim in 1st person view. So you need an optical solution for this problem...

wink_o.gif

Great work, I used it form the beginning, since this was the first option to effectively use GLs on larger distances.

However, I also would prefer if this could be achieved with the standard iron sights.

So, is it possible to calibrate the GL iron sights, or replace them with a calibrated version?

Regards

A.

if you, Buliwyf, were really playing in veteran mode, and tried a bit to familiarise yourself with it, you will knew BIS GL sight are very usefull like this.

More, the GP-25 is absolutly accurate from 75 to 200 metres, at less than 10 meters with a bit of training, and even less with more training, the M-203 just need a more practice to be as accurate.

I personally play veteran, ALL options desactived (when I say all it's all, not even one activated) from the first day of Arma, and even from OFP, an organise large scale battles with this settings (www.ofcra.org), with realistics balistics and other realistics addons.

To use the GP-25, use the sight, just up to your left inch, in iron sight view, with grenade launcher.

Juste train yourself, then come back to say you are sorry to have miss this fact tounge2.gif

Because you sounds like you really didn't knew that, huhuhu nener.gif

Same with M203, just have to train to know elevation, in GL iron sight mode, a matter of some dozen of grenade used, one session is enought to do that.

the process is : one for marker, and fire for effects.

When you are trained, your marker is always quite close to target and the fire for effect will decimate a complete squad beetween 75 and 250m in about 30 seconds

a veteran tip for you, Buliwyf icon_rolleyes.gif

I didn't said the optical is not accurate, I just said it's not realistic and neither necessary.

You have exactly the same accuracy without it if you know your gun.

It just kill your circular sight, that's all.

I won't use this addon with the unrealistic optical sight, and I could see I won't be the only one ...

If you just have to select this with some init, this excellent addon will be used by the most exigeant players (the one who only play in veteran ...).

Either, it will be used by only some occasionals gamers ... This will be a shame for a so usefull addon !

OKO... you are my personal hero and i use this addon, because it is very useful. It compensated the missing 3D sighting of ArmA. I don`t like to rate my firing if i could have an working ironsight in reallife which i can adjust for the distance i need... xmas_o.gif

Buliwyf "real" OFP+ArmA veterans are well trained and know the distances and of course how to hit targets not using crap GL ironsights. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Watch out! In ArmA the devs have added bouncing grenades.

OKO... you are my personal hero and i use this addon, because it is very useful. It compensated the missing 3D sighting of ArmA. I don`t like to rate my firing if i could have an working ironsight in reallife which i can adjust for the distance i need... xmas_o.gif

there IS a 3D sighting, read my post and look more carefully the weapon, you just have it under our noze, but I admit it's not so evident when you don't know it.

Look just above your left inch with aka.

... yes here, you found it !

Now you know ... yay.gif

As great, accurate and realistic as it have to be.

The one for M203 is less accurate, only for distance (very accurate for direction), I admit this, but with training, it's just the same.

you just have to fire about 50 to 100 of them and you will be very accurate from the first round.

And anyway, you better use a marker, then fire for effects

this is a simulation isn't it ?

So ... we don't need artifact when we already have the real thing.

Next time, just take your time before saying things like "If you guys would play in Veteran Mode ..." ... or don't be surprised if some real (old) vet play a bit (in a friendly way) with you

tounge2.gif

If you guys would play in Veteran Mode, you would be able to understand why HeinBloed created this addon. Without crosshair you have no chance to aim in 1st person view. So you need an optical solution for this problem...

wink_o.gif

Just to tell you:

I'm playing ArmA since 1 year without any crosshairs!

This is a great addon. If possible, it would probably be better if the optics and the pouches were separate pbo's. I use your optics because I don't want to have to spend dozens of hours honing a skill that a real grenadier would already have. (Don't you have to qualify before being issued a m203?)

S63_GrenadierPack is another good addon pack that improves in a different way. It adds smoke grenades and HEDP rounds.

I actually combined both addons (for personal use. Don't worry, I'm not distributing it) to have it all together. I also made my own mod that adjusts 40mm speeds back to 80 (NWD_Ballistics changes it to 76, which messes up your sights), makes multi-flare pouches (2,3, or 5), and "fixes" the duration of flares.

After trying many different combinations, I was happiest with the following (its probably not realist, but it actually makes the flare usable). If fired directly up (or near it), it lights the battlefield for 50sec and extinguishes before landing. Angles less than 45deg get unrealistic though (shoots to 300m, then falls for 20-30s). The AI (when forces with "fire" scripts) seems to usually aim at +45deg in my observations.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class F_40mm_White : FlareBase

{

airFriction = -0.000000700;

timeToLive = 50;

sideAirFriction = 1;

};

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class FlareWhite_M203 : CA_Magazine

{

initSpeed = 200;

ammo = "F_40mm_White";

count = 3;

};

I just started messing with editing a few weeks ago, so I'm sure this could be improved and made more realistic. I didn't edit the opfor weapons yet though. I don't even know where to find information on the real flares (blufor or opfor). Hopefully you can improve the flare idea and incorporate it into your addon (don't bother mentioning me, I didn't do anything).

Perhaps you could work with "Mike 'Spectre-63' McMahon" to make a combined one.

Good job.

@Pvt_Parts and everyone else,

if you are interested you can modify every part of my work and release it as a new addon. (Credits inside the readme would be nicely.)

@Pvt_Parts and everyone else,

if you are interested you can modify every part of my work and release it as a new addon. (Credits inside the readme would be nicely.)

@Pvt_Parts

According to the last post by HeinBloed, would you please release your GDTGrenadier&S63_Grenadier pack combo?