Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Piper Warrior II

RACS Piper Warrior II

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Where do I dl this version? I want it! Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Seriously though. The RACS skin is fantastic! Has it been released yet? Honestly I hope not because that means I'm going blind. I can't find a thread, link, etc anywhere.

This addon is so nice, last night I got out my track IR and ran it and got in the game and man was it so nice! Made my view distance 5,000 with very low and low settings and man oh man does that make the difference when flying, I can make good approaches and some very good landings, although sometimes I bounce a few times.

Great addon! notworthy.gif

Excellent work Red Devil thumbs-up.gif

Cool

Maybe you should dump the usual 3coloured stripe and add sth like a seperate airforce logo to the bottom of the wings? Airforce has always had different logos than land troops

Thought of sth like this one...(ignore the quality; had no kss flag to use; jus a sketch of an idea I had). Since they're using land rovers and stuff like that; maybe it should be britishlike; similar to new zealand's or canada's?

16151875ur2.jpg

wink_o.gif

edit; the hull seems to be dark brwonish at the belly? Should it not be blueish to blend with the sky more easily?

Cool

Maybe you should dump the usual 3coloured stripe and add sth like a seperate airforce logo to the bottom of the wings? Airforce has always had different logos than land troops

Thought of sth like this one...(ignore the quality; had no kss flag to use; jus a sketch of an idea I had). Since they're using land rovers and stuff like that; maybe it should be britishlike; similar to new zealand's or canada's?

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/482/16151875ur2.jpg

wink_o.gif

edit; the hull seems to be dark brwonish at the belly? Should it not be blueish to blend with the sky more easily?

Blueish? Aren't most planes' undersides painted white with a tint of blue?

GNAT is off on holiday for 2 weeks, so I'm guna have a play with the config, cant be that hard. If not we'll have to wait for him for a release.

Quote[/b] ]Shweet stuff, mate! Now, if you could just do one for that M60 released a bit back...

LOL already on the case mate!! (was working on this a while ago)

m60.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you should dump the usual 3coloured stripe and add sth like a seperate airforce logo to the bottom of the wings? Airforce has always had different logos than land troops

True,

I had just followed the RACS LB decals but I guess the LB is classed as army troop support and a recon piper warrior would be air force so maybe some roundals are in order. You got the design pretty spot on.

Quote[/b] ]the hull seems to be dark brwonish at the belly? Should it not be blueish to blend with the sky more easily?

yep your right, but the plane looks silly all one colour (hence the dark shade) the wings use the same texture reversed and a white belly just on the fuselage would standout more.

I'll give both ideas a try and take some screens so you can decide the best paint job. thumbs-up.gif

yep your right, but the plane looks silly all one colour (hence the dark shade) the wings use the same texture reversed and a white belly just on the fuselage would standout more.

yup...the 'shortcut mapping' spoils the fun sometimes... sad_o.gif

Glad you're open to suggestions; keep it up!

Maybe I'll dig up my old idea with a RACS truck biggrin_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=840

Maybe it would be cool to have the bottom white as you said and on top of the plane a Blue with green camo (normal RACS but the brown replaced by blue)

fapa-daa_mig-21mf_c326_001.jpg

example 1

iraf_hunter_f_mk_59a_578_002.jpg

example 2

As you can see a roundel is not really needed, the new iraqi air force for example still doesnt use a roundel i believe.

Royal Sahrani Air Force (as mentioned in royal flush)

RSAF.jpg

(if anyone wants a psd pm me)

Piper Warrior with roundel and grey/blue belly.

racs5.jpg

racs6.jpg

thoughts? thumbs-up.gif

looks kickass.

I doesn't look

It IS

Note: I don't know if that has any meaning, but in my mind yes ^^

It's awsome play with languages :P

That roundel looks awesome RD - are you considering any other paints with the Roundel? RACS Cobra? Blackhawk?

Great stuff! notworthy.gif

cheers guys, but I'm just painting the plane its all GNATs work!

Quote[/b] ]are you considering any other paints with the Roundel? RACS Cobra? Blackhawk?

I'm going to finish up the M60A3 first then possibly a RACS troop transport (DC3) after that we'll have to see what GNAT has up his sleeve. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Even dropping grenades or smokes out a window would be nice

sorry the nearest I get to the config is any paa files starting with B or C help.gif I like the idea of dropping granades like the camel, have to ask GNAT.

Thumbs Up, Red Devil! smile_o.gif

And sorry about the wrong name..suggested KSSAF, as it's how it stands in wikipedia; don't have QG yet whistle.gif

when you´re finished with the RSAF piper, will you make a repaint of the DC3 too?

imho the DC3 would be a perfect transport plane for the RSAF....

i also have a few other sugestions but i´ll hold them for myself for now wink_o.gif

I know that is a recon plane, and that you are only making a resking, but it's posible to add a M240? The RACs use it, and it wouldn't make it a fighter plane.