Sign in to follow this  
Yossarian

Operational Det. Alpha (ODA)

Operational Detachment Alpha - 529

v1.0

12 man US army special forces ODA. There are around 8 new skins, all standalone with unique weapon loadouts. Read the README.

MIRRORS Updated!

Ebud gets most of the credit. He gave me permission to use his textures. My work is mostly just copy/paste stuff with some minor edits.

eSwaadfrom the gr.net forums also get some credit. I used velcro from some of his textures.

ODA_p2.jpg

ODA_p1.jpg

the addon isn't meant to be milspec, I know some things aren't accurate. v2 will fix most of those things. I just don't have time to update it now, so I'm releasing it as is.

Also, thanks to Bugkill for suggestions and feedback that will go into v2.

ArmedAssault.info mirror!!! Thanks guys:

ODA addon v1.0 @armedassault.info

combat-prison mirror:

here

Armaholic mirror:

Thanks guys!

All mirrors are welcome and very appreciated, for now you can get it here:

crapidshare

this is my first addon, and it's version 1. Suggestions/comments are very welcome, but I probably won't have time to update this.

Enjoy!

Not milspec?!?! crazy_o.gif

Shame on you, I'm all about realism and this is a disgrace!

rofl.gif Completely kidding! They look great, I'm downloading now.

Thanks for the contribution. I look forward to checking these out in game.

At last we've got an A-group here. Congrats with release, however new models or at least old models with several changes are highly appreciated.  tounge2.gif

They look EXCELLENT!!!

Can't wait to try them out,

Thanks notworthy.gif

EDIT

If i would make a suggestion it would be to color in the Camelbaks...

glad you like em. thumbs-up.gif Colour them in with what? like green or tan or camo or something? thanks.

For v2.0 (which I have no idea when/if it will be released), Bugkill suggested ACU pants (on some of the guys), take off the SF patches, change the black fleeces to greyish, add more velcro. And make new normal maps. Hopefully by then I'd have a few more character models to work with...

NICE! can u make a version with just uniforms and replacement pack, so that we can use this at MP???

NICE! can u make a version with just uniforms and replacement pack, so that we can use this at MP???

I wish I could mate. I just don't have the time right now. But if anybody else would like to make this into a replacement pack, they would be more than welcome smile_o.gif You've got permission to edit and re-distribute as long as you let me know what you're doing and give me credit.

The patches look way too faded. Patches stand out way too much, maybe with some normal maping or something it would improve them.

other than that, they look okay.

This is a great addon.  Adds some more flavour to Ebuds already excelent Generic SF.  Would like to see a unit model with OD uniform on without the PASGT helmet.  And more headgear of course, too bad from my understanding, you cant retexture headgear yet.

I wish I could mate. I just don't have the time right now. But if anybody else would like to make this into a replacement pack, they would be more than welcome smile_o.gif You've got permission to edit and re-distribute as long as you let me know what you're doing and give me credit.

ok thanx, ill quess cameron mcdonald or some1 else will make replacement out of this smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

This is a great addon.  Adds some more flavour to Ebuds already excelent Generic SF.  Would like to see a unit model with OD uniform on without the PASGT helmet.  And more headgear of course, too bad from my understanding, you cant retexture headgear yet.

Thanks! I can re-texture helmets, but I can't (read: don't know how) to make new models. I'd love to see some headsets and baseball caps on the characters, believe me!

@-Puma- cool! go right ahead. wink_o.gif

I bet if someone asks william1 really nicely, he may make replacement files for these. He has been kind enough to make them in the past when asked. Besides that its a toss up whether someone will make them at all. There's a ton of excellent units that still don't have replacement files.

Thanks! I can re-texture helmets, but I can't (read: don't know how) to make new models. I'd love to see some headsets and baseball caps on the characters, believe me!

@-Puma- cool! go right ahead. wink_o.gif

Ya some drive-on rags, Ballcaps, headests without helmets. All would be pretty badass, I havent seen much in the way of headgear on most add-ons which is too bad.

I really do like these models though. Good work smile_o.gif

1 suggestion, if they are infact a-team, why not rename the units like IRL. for example 18-C , 18-B, 18-E instead of SF. dont remeber what all the letters meant, but u can google it...

here we go: http://www.goarmy.com/special_forces/team_members.jsp

18-C is engineering sergeant

18-B weapons sergeant

18-D medical sergeant

etc.

First off, I would like to say thanks, and BRAVO ZULU for this fantastic addon.

Now, a few questions...

Would you be willing to add a MK46/M249-equipped troop to the ODA? These guys could use some high volume suppression fire, and IRL, every detachment is going to be equipped with at least one LMG. There are some excellent scoped and suppressed SAW variants included in the 6thSENSE Mod.

Have you considered a four-six man CQC/Urban ops team for door-to-door "visits"?

Would you consider making other USSOCOM/JSOC units, such as SEALS, AFSOC STT's, SMU's, etc?

1 suggestion, if they are infact a-team, why not rename the units like IRL. for example 18-C , 18-B, 18-E instead of SF. dont remeber what all the letters meant, but u can google it...

here we go: http://www.goarmy.com/special_forces/team_members.jsp

18-C is engineering sergeant

18-B weapons sergeant

18-D medical sergeant

etc.

I didn't give them their army names for that exact reason. In-game I could never remember what MO corresponded to what role. With "Medical Sgt." I can at least remember which is which. You're right though, I could include both. V2 will have them called something like: "18-B Weapons Sgt" etc.

@Viper Shiva: yes, that is definitely an aspect I overlooked. I should have made a couple guys with heavy guns. I don't really have the time in the near future, i've got my plate (modding and RL) pretty full.

BUT: you could do it yourself fairly easily. check the BIS wiki, but you could add something in the "init" field of a character when you place him on the map in the editor. something like "addWeapon ...." should do the trick.

wink_o.gif

Yes, I know how to do it, I've been playing since OFP first came out. My reason for posting, was, as you probably have guessed- to ask you to make the addon just a tad bit more realistic.

I figured that you knew these guys were traveling a little light.

cool. I didn't really put as much thought as I should have into weapon loadouts. For the next version, I think i'll do it this way:

18-B Weapon Sgt. = heavy gun

18-B Weapon Sfc. = m107

18-? Intel Sgt. = m4sd

18-? Intel Sfc. = m24

etc...

Each role (MO?) usually (textbook case anyway) has 2 soldiers per ODA: one is usually a Sergent, the other a Sergent First Class. I'll give the Sfc's the fancier guns. This is almost certainly not how it is in RL, but for the prupose of an addon, it makes choosing characters a little easier

Most are Staff Sergeants or Sergeant First Classes. Those who graduate from SFQC at E-5 are put on E-6 board and make points almost upon getting to Group. Generally speaking, E-6's are the lowest ranks on an A-team. There is almost no reason to keep an SF soldier at E-5, especially when points were at 350 last time I checked and 350 is like...qualifying on weapon, commander's assessment, passing the board, passing the PT test, and passing CTT.

i im no a-team expert, but wouldn't u just name the units

18-C

18-B

18-A

etc.

and maybe put some comment in the end, like

18-C (rifleman)

18-B (sniper)

18-A (medic)

and so on

<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:olive'>On behalf of Marines I bring to you two teasers from his up coming series  </span></span></span>

<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>The Detachment</span></span>

default.jpg     default.jpg

The Detachment         The Detachment Teaser 2

Both teasers employ this awesome ODA addon from Yossarian biggrin_o.gif

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>Rock On</span></span>

Armvidz