Sign in to follow this  
Yossarian

Operational Det. Alpha (ODA)

nice. I didn't realize there were 3 different types of MICH helmets.

Since you guys have been so supportive, I'll post a WIP. The vest is (will be) a Paraclete RAV.

Please make suggestions. I especailly need help with scale. Should the vest or mag pouches be smaller or bigger?

Delta_wip1.jpg

please C&C, it's the only way the model's gonna get better.

Yeah make it shorter, as for pics, I wear the CIRAC vest in Iraq, and have worn it with comfort for the past year, it's a good bit of kit.....I'll post a pic of myself with it on , it might inspire you a bit!!...... wink_o.gif

qwest2qa8.th.jpg

thanks guys. will do. Are the ammo pouches to scale?

Thanks Road Warrior, the more references the better. Bugkill is already helping me with references, he's in "the group" as I understand.

Thanks Road Warrior, the more references the better. Bugkill is already helping me with references, he's in "the group" as I understand.

I was in "group" last year and I'm now in the airborne infantry. biggrin_o.gif

sorry, shows what I know. Shoulda let you speak for yourself. Like I said though, he knows his stuff thumbs-up.gif

I spent 7 years in the Army, including 1 year in Iraq. Out of respect for my fellow soldiers I'm going to have to go ahead and call this guy out. He's a poser without a doubt. Until I see some hard evidence or see more convincing "language", I'm not buying it. But, he doesn't have to prove anything to any of us does he? Nice looking units, keep up the good work.

I spent 7 years in the Army, including 1 year in Iraq. Out of respect for my fellow soldiers I'm going to have to go ahead and call this guy out. He's a poser without a doubt. Until I see some hard evidence or see more convincing "language", I'm not buying it. But, he doesn't have to prove anything to any of us does he? Nice looking units, keep up the good work.

First, this should go to PM. PM him yourself.

Second, I've seen him around the BFS forums and maybe at GR.net. He has proven (to me at least) that he is who he says he is.

and just to get back on topic: I've got 4 new units sitting around my harddrive all finished but doing nothing.

2 with ballcaps

2 with tan helmets (from AimPoint)

I'll release 'em, but I'll say you need Queen's Gambit to use 'em.

@Yossarian

Is there still a unit replacement config in the works? I thought matt rochelle was making one, but there hasn't been any mention of it lately.

great work, love the units!

@Yossarian

Is there still a unit replacement config in the works? I thought matt rochelle was making one, but there hasn't been any mention of it lately.

great work, love the units!

Matt was working on this replacements. It was all him, I knew nothing about it, so I'm afraid you'd have to ask him. send him a PM.

@RW: the IBH is on my list, as is the MICH. Seems like the tier-one units use all three. thumbs-up.gif

Dude, you got a lot of nerve to come on here and disrespect me. First, I got more years in service than you. Second, I got more combat time than your ass (getting ready to go again in a couple of months). Third, I have already sent pics and info to Yossarian about my service and many others have also known about my background.

Yes, the smart thing for you to have done was send me a PM and ask, not be a dick and try and call me out on this thread. Also, if you look at my previous posts in the past, you would have seen me lay all of this out a long time ago. You did not do anyone any service, but only make yourself look like an ass.

You can take your seven years of service and your "1" tour to Iraq, and shove it up your ass! You have really pissed me off and I get sick and tired of all you assholes that do not know how to send a damn PM and ask. No, but you had to come on here and pass judgement without speaking a word to me.

Dude, you can go fuck yourself!!!! I may get banned for my language, but at this point, I could care fucking less. Yossarian, you know how to get in contact with me if I get banned. Now, I'm going to get some water.

lol, the exact responce i expected from a "quite professional". guess i better switch to the PMs for this, sorry to disrupt the thread. i'm an ex-splinter cell, ex-sas, ex-d boy turned typewriter repair man if anyone needs any "references", have fun.

hmmm interesting stuff...

Yossarian, I like your units, thank you for your effort and hardwork

hmmm interesting stuff...

Yossarian, I like your units, thank you for your effort and hardwork

Thanks sv5000 smile_o.gif

When should we be getting these 4 units? I just got Queens Gambit  biggrin_o.gif

Hopefully this weekend. But only if I can be sure I won't be getting in any serious ####.

Cool your jets, gentlemen. I don't think anyone here wants a vacation.

Be nice, or we'll make you be nice.

Although my opinion is not important, I feel bugkill is not a poser. But I must add that it is nice to know someone out there would take the chance and stick up for those of us that have dedicated our time to serve everyones respective countries. It is extremely insulting that people out there feel the need to lie about serving.

Back to the topic at hand....

Yossarian,

Did I read that wrong? Are you or did you release a few new units? If you did, is the link one of those listed in the first post? Or somewhere else?

lol, the exact responce i expected from a "quite professional". guess i better switch to the PMs for this, sorry to disrupt the thread. i'm an ex-splinter cell, ex-sas, ex-d boy turned typewriter repair man if anyone needs any "references", have fun.

Monty67t,

I'm not concerned about you or your "poser" hunt. You know you fouled up with your accusation, without checking for facts (which I have all of them) and you should have done your homework on the forums before you opened your mouth. I don't need a apology and I'm sure that you are too proud to give one, but you remember this:

NEVER CALL ANOTHER SOLDIER A "POSER" WITHOUT FACTS!!!!!

I'm not going anywhere and you could have showed some respect by coming to me (which this site already has, including other sites as well) and simply asked me. You have no clue how "quiet professionals" talk because you never served as a Green Beret or been in the unit with Green Berets, so you don't know a damn thing.

Here is some advice for you, stop being a "SOF Groupie", go back into the Army, get your wings (if you never got them), try to get assigned to SOF in a support capacity or go to selection to be a operator. After you do any of those things, then you can come on here talk shit about knowing how "quiet professionals" speak. If you have not, please shut your damn mouth.

This sounds like MP.net and should be as was mentioned already...taken to pm.

Although I see why you'd want to defend against an accusation like that, its still a gamer forum and not really the place.

EDIT: Im not trying to sound like a mod but you'll get your topic locked and thats no fun.

This sounds like MP.net and should be as was mentioned already...taken to pm.

Although I see why you'd want to defend against an accusation like that, its still a gamer forum and not really the place.

EDIT: Im not trying to sound like a mod but you'll get your topic locked and thats no fun.

agree. and monty u should be careful before he pulls out the piano string tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif

....still waiting for that replacement pack.......

I'm not concerned about you or your "poser" hunt.......

When a moderator asks people to do something it's for the good of the thread and the good of the users of the forum, thus we frown quite heavily on people who ignore the instructions of a moderator, please don't do it again, you're welcome to disagree with a moderator's instruction in which case you're free to take it up with them by PM but please don't ignore them.

I'm not concerned about you or your "poser" hunt.......

When a moderator asks people to do something it's for the good of the thread and the good of the users of the forum, thus we frown quite heavily on people who ignore the instructions of a moderator, please don't do it again, you're welcome to disagree with a moderator's instruction in which case you're free to take it up with them by PM but please don't ignore them.

I made my point, but the forum rules may need to be updated. We can't have people coming on here making accusations without facts or even contacting the person in question through a PM. I was discussing the addon and following the rules, while monty67t tried calling me a poser, which is a very serious accusation that can be leveled at a soldier.

Yes, I blew my stack, but that is how it will go down if someone tries to call me out in public without asking ME about my service. I'm not going to apologize for my actions and I'm not sorry for responding, because my honor is more important than going off topic. You quoted from my post, but it seems that monty67t is not going to be held accountable for making his statements in the first place, which were inflammatory.

Next time, the mod should concentrate on the culprit that insulted the other member, not both parties.