Sign in to follow this  
Yossarian

Operational Det. Alpha (ODA)

and for the love of god plz include replacement in the next release so we can enjoy this over MP notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

and for the love of god plz include replacement in the next release so we can enjoy this over MP notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Ive nearly made a replacement.

Nearly there, should be complete by midnight tonight.

I had so much fun with these units! It's one of the most useful and interesting retextured sets of units I've ever tried!

and for the love of god plz include replacement in the next release so we can enjoy this over MP notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Ive nearly made a replacement.

Brilliant! Thank you very much thumbs-up.gif I'm glad people like the addon biggrin_o.gif

As for updates: I've made 4 new units:

-2 new skins of QG units w/ baseball hats. (CIA paramilitary style)

-2 new skins of SF units w/more accurate vests, normals, tan colour helmets from AimPoint. (JSOC operator style)

Brilliant! Thank you very much thumbs-up.gif I'm glad people like the addon biggrin_o.gif

-2 new skins of SF units w/more accurate vests, normals, tan colour helmets from AimPoint. (JSOC operator style)

You just made me crap my pants!!!! We needed the Special Forces with the baseball caps for awhile now...

Thank you

Could you please edit the normal maps / specular maps too?

would be really nice!

Someone here in the Forum has 2 links in his Sig, dunno the name though, otherwise I could check and maybe to the normal maps / specular maps for you.

I mean, I know how to do normal maps with photoshop, real normal maps are done with z-brush or so...

anyway, units would look even better with the right normal / specular maps smile_o.gif

spec maps I'll have to look into, but the Normals are pretty much done. They just weren't in the addon when I took these.

Awesome work on those units Yossarian.

Just a question though, have you any plans for more units with drop-leg Tactical holsters from QG? (the ones which have a physical pistol model inside the holster itself.)

Please Yossarian, please retexture the sla gear your using on your unit. They look good though, but the need specular and normal maps.

Lennnard.

He just said that he adds normals in the release.

@Yossarian

Absolutely great work, especially with the QG models, a must have i think.

Btw, just curious as i didnt really read the EULAs of GQ, whats the situation on using QG stuff for normal ArmA?

Or will these units need QG to run?

You just made me crap my pants!!!! We needed the Special Forces with the baseball caps for awhile now...

Thank you

My thoughts exactly! Damn nice! biggrin_o.gif

so matt have u finished the replacement?huh.gif

vote me in for a replacement pack!

Would like to replace my SF ingame with these ones!

I'm not sure actually about the policy. I'd say the baseball cap units would be QG only, I think. Because while I replaced the main textures, they might still rely on other random QG textures. But otherwise, I don't know how I could release them otherwise. I mean, if they work in ArmA alone, well... I couldn't stop people using them in ArmA. Anybody have any thoughts on this one?

@eliteSEAL: which characters with drop-legs were you thinking? The team-lead would be great except he doesn't have anything on his head. If I could put on of the helmets or caps on him, that would be sweet.

glad you like ;em biggrin_o.gif

I'm not sure actually about the policy. I'd say the baseball cap units would be QG only, I think. Because while I replaced the main textures, they might still rely on other random QG textures. But otherwise, I don't know how I could release them otherwise. I mean, if they work in ArmA alone, well... I couldn't stop people using them in ArmA. Anybody have any thoughts on this one?

I have an idea - since you really cannot stop people from using these units in ArmA, let's just not talk about it  whistle.gif

(on these forums). Besides, everyone already has the Q.G.

@Yossarian, yup and that black dude with the wicked looking shades. (kinda looked "Oakley"ish IMO)

He had one of those drop-legs with what could be guessed to be a Beretta M9 model holstered in it. He was the M249 toting merc, and also wasn't wearing any headgear.

I would've said the designated marksman aswell simply for the fact that not only did he have a drop-leg with M9 holstered, but also another drop-leg pouch with magazines for his DMR? (never looked closely enough to tell for sure.)

But sadly hes wearing that cowboy hat, and is also sporting "full arm" tattoos which I'm guessing CIA/JSOC/SF would frown upon.

I ran into trouble and then had RL issues of working nightshifts so should be done by friday @ latest.

@Yossarian, yup and that black dude with the wicked looking shades. (kinda looked "Oakley"ish IMO)

He had one of those drop-legs with what could be guessed to be a Beretta M9 model holstered in it. He was the M249 toting merc, and also wasn't wearing any headgear.

I would've said the designated marksman aswell simply for the fact that not only did he have a drop-leg with M9 holstered, but also another drop-leg pouch with magazines for his DMR? (never looked closely enough to tell for sure.)

But sadly hes wearing that cowboy hat, and is also sporting "full arm" tattoos which I'm guessing CIA/JSOC/SF would frown upon.

You guessed wrong about the Tatts (just have to be within military regulation of whatever branch the operator is in), but you are right about the cowboy hat. I do not have a clue as to why in the hell would BIA allow such crappy models for the PMCs crazy_o.gif . Those models look ridiculous and I would not hire those clowns for any mission.

There are way too many pics of real life PMCs/mercs out there

and this is the best they come up with for GQ? I never saw any PMCs wearing a cowboy hat while performing duties. I have only seen baseball caps, helmets (various US types), and boonie caps, not guys auditioning for Walker, Texas Ranger.

Line of demarcation for Army is on the wrist, where it should still be concealed when wearing the uniform and performing the salute, and concealed by the collar on the back of the neck.

You guessed wrong about the Tatts (just have to be within military regulation of whatever branch the operator is in), but you are right about the cowboy hat. I do not have a clue as to why in the hell would BIA allow such crappy models for the PMCs crazy_o.gif . Those models look ridiculous and I would not hire those clowns for any mission.

There are way too many pics of real life PMCs/mercs out there

and this is the best they come up with for GQ? I never saw any PMCs wearing a cowboy hat while performing duties. I have only seen baseball caps, helmets (various US types), and boonie caps, not guys auditioning for Walker, Texas Ranger.

the old santa made me laugh.. in a sad way...

888 posts crazy_o.gif

edit number 231: thanks matt cant wait to test these out with my new rig yay.gifyay.gif

Yeah shame the Willie Nelson mercenary in QG didn't come with a acoustic guitar as his primary weapon, could've used country music to lay the smack down on his opponents tounge2.gifrofl.gif

Anyway on a serious note, the only mercs in QG that are decent in my humble opinion is the Machine Gunner and Team Lead, both would definitely be nice additions (with some modification) to the CIA or JSOC theme if possible.