xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

Can anyone confirm that lifting wrecks from the sea actually works?

Yes, I can. It can be really difficult to get in the right "lift zone" however. More difficult than lifting from dry ground for sure.

Your original complaint about idiots logging on, crashing any aircraft they can find and then logging off is a pet peeve of mine as well. I wish that if you crash an aircraft you can't fly another (except the wreck chopper), no other vehicles would allow you in them and the paradrop and teleport functions are also disabled for an hour or until you've recovered the aircraft you lost. Also crashing an aircraft should deduct 50 points from your score, and you get your 50 points back for using the wreck chopper to recover your wreck.

Speaking of score keeping. Evidently being killed just doesn't matter. I try my best not to die playing Domination, it ads to the realism to me. But I see others who've killed roughly as many enemy as I have, destroyed roughly as many enemy vehicles as I have but who've died 30 times to my one and their score is roughly the same as mine! There should be a greater penalty for recklessness. I would think getting yourself killed should be a -10 at least.

now how to i get back to base without respawning......

That is one reason I play the AI versions. Keep some AI dudes back at base at all times, to guard the base AND if I need a pick up I just order one to a UH60 and have him fly to my location.

@Xeno:

It is only happening in my artillery system, not in the default. I guess I was only hoping you had the experience to know what could be the reason given the symptoms.

But now I'm starting to suspect my version of the arihit script, which does a lot of stuff to individual soldiers instead of just groups (to simulate the panic). Quite a few random sleeps which I notice you are not a fan of, but I do not know the reason. Also different reaction patterns to the different types of artillery, including flare. I will try to revert back to arihit basics and see what happens.

---

As for locking and vehicles, I've been on servers where we are two guys on the ground and the rest is providing 'air support' of highly questionable quality. Air support can be nice from a distance (played good), like mentioned above, but usually it just becomes too noisy giving me a headache with so much going on right over the target (the wrong way).

A 20-60 minute 'auto-kickout' (using getIn EH) could be sufficiant to discourage new players to entering the drivers seat of (now) main target rewards just to crash them. But should be 'unlocked' to those that actually were in the area upon target completion.

An idea: How about removing the 'HALO insertion flag' at completed target completely, and replacing it with a 'get ATV flag' instead? Currently I'm being yelled at because I want to play as realistically as possible, by bringing the MHQs to target. But 'everyone else' wants to have the MHQ at the HALO flag. Doesn't make sense to me sad_o.gif At the same time it enhances the need to think about logistics and troop movement in a team fashion, while the ATV is a great way for those unlucky ones left behind to get around. Takes 5 minutes to get anywhere from anywhere.

For all intents and purposes, I don't mind these open ended systems at all. But the way they are utilized on public servers and exploited to the maximum makes me ill.

Quote[/b] ]I would think getting yourself killed should be a -10 at least.

I sort of agree. I'm fed up with the recklessness going on. However, I'm using the ratio to measure my 'score'. My goal as infantry is 10:1, very pleased if 20:1, and I have yet to see 30:1. A -2 score penalty for getting killed as infantry, -10 for getting killed in armored vehicles (everything but HMMWVs), and -25 for getting killed in air vehicles. Also -50 for team kills, but not cumulative. If you crash your UH60 and kill eveyone onboard, still only -50 points. Not sure, anyone else has an opinion on how to improve the score system? Going to add this to the ArmA2 wishlist as well.

Bugfix release 3.28 available

This release has all bugs fixed that I've found while playing the various A.C.E. versions. But compared to the latest A.C.E. 3.27 version there are some more bugs fixed.

Just before you wonder, there is no updated A.C.E. version 3.28 in this release. As I allready wrote I'll not update that version anymore. So you will only find all other versions.

Download

Domination! 3.28 Mission Pack

Edit: Forgot to mention...

You don't have to ask me for permission to modify any of the missions or release a modified mission. Simply do it! (You even don't need to mention me anywhere!wink_o.gif.

There are more important things in life.

Enjoy!

Xeno

Quote[/b] ]Next project will have some kind of pluggable concept where you just have to put a new mission file in a folder.

I'm fainting... This just sounds awesome. How is this even possible?

Quote[/b] ]Just before you wonder, there is no updated A.C.E. version 3.28 in this release. As I allready wrote I'll not update that version anymore. So you will only find all other versions.

Edit: Figured it out, doh...

Do all Black Hawks work for Lifting or only some of them?

<span style='color:red'>Got it to work and YES... they all work.</span>

Does the Chinook also work for Wreck Lifting?

<span style='color:red'>Figured this one out as well and actually it's the only Wreck Lifter...LOL</span>

Is it possible to Lift Wrecked planes even when they are flipped upside down?

<span style='color:red'>YEAP... with the Chinook</span>

All these questions are while using ACE v1.04 with Domination-ACE v3.27

I saw that you posted a few pages back about not supporting ACE Domination anymore... just out of curiosity... how come?

By the way... no matter what... Excellent work on these Missions.

I did not find a ACE map in that pack that I just downloaded, am I missing something here?

I get file not found, just like I got from the front page. sad_o.gif

But no worries, I connected to a server that had it and grabbed it from my downloaded maps!

smile_o.gif

Thanks for helping!!

@xeno:

With reference to v3.27 with ACE and MANDO gametypes enabled via x_setup.sqf

I want to add a conditional action menu entry for squad leaders (as in current ranking grunt, NOT alpha_1, bravo_1 etc...) which enables use of mando airsupport console IF they are also in posession of a radio.

I can enable the action in game with d_action_menus_unit, but I'm not familiar enough with your code to make it conditional on having the radio.

...all of this is probably moot seeing as you've just released v3.28 and not supporting ACE =[

still, mando versions only still kick ass

Hey Xeon this is a fantastic mission and it has really added to my friends and I's ARMA experience. I am having an ARMA lan tomorrow and I want to set up the game where a player has the roll of air support and support drops, but I still want to use the AI version. What I would like to do is disable the ability to call arti and to call drops in the AI version. I have been trying to figure this out for some time now with no luck sad_o.gif. Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I am sorry if this is a repeat post, I have been looking threw the forum topic for hours and have not been able to find what I am looking for.

@h2kbro

Change the following lines in x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

player_can_call_arti = true;

ari1 = _p addAction ["Call Artillery", "x_scripts\x_artillery.sqf",[],-1,false];

player_can_call_drop = true;

dropaction = _p addAction ["Call Drop", "x_scripts\x_calldrop.sqf",[],-1,false];

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

player_can_call_arti = false;

//ari1 = _p addAction ["Call Artillery", "x_scripts\x_artillery.sqf",[],-1,false];

player_can_call_drop = false;

//dropaction = _p addAction ["Call Drop", "x_scripts\x_calldrop.sqf",[],-1,false];

Xeno

Domination is now part of DH: Development Unraveled.

dev-heaven makes it easier to track bugs and feature requests.

So please report bugs, etc over there.

I'm also looking for people who will help me developing the mission and bring it to ArmA 2 (later). If you are interested drop me an email. Mission sources will be available via svn.

You'll find the project here:

Dev-Heaven Domination Project Site

Edit: Complete Domination sources are now in svn on Dev-Heaven.

Edit2: If you register over at dev-heaven you now can browse through the Domination sources (still not everything is in svn, only a 3.50 A.C.E. version)

Xeno

@h2kbro

Change the following lines in x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf

player_can_call_arti = true;

ari1 = _p addAction ["Call Artillery", "x_scripts\x_artillery.sqf",[],-1,false];

player_can_call_drop = true;

dropaction = _p addAction ["Call Drop", "x_scripts\x_calldrop.sqf",[],-1,false];

to

player_can_call_arti = false;

//ari1 = _p addAction ["Call Artillery", "x_scripts\x_artillery.sqf",[],-1,false];

player_can_call_drop = false;

//dropaction = _p addAction ["Call Drop", "x_scripts\x_calldrop.sqf",[],-1,false];

Xeno

Hey Xeno We had a great time playing your mission last night, but I was not able to get this to work.  I should be clear that we are playing the ACE version with AI.  Some of the guys came up with some things they would like to see in game.  

The USEC c-130 for support drops        (by Rocket)

The F/a-18 super hornet for air strikes  (by Franze)

I would like to use these addons to give a player the roll of support.

How could I go about adding these addons into the script for things such as pilot restrictions and respawn without using additional scripts?

My main concern is pilot restrictions.

Just let me know if I am asking too much I dont want to be a bother.

Hey Xeno We had a great time playing your mission last night, but I was not able to get this to work.  I should be clear that we are playing the ACE version with AI.

Well, making an A.C.E. AI version needs some more tweeks. I'll see what I can do.

Good place to ask for new features... http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/domination smile_o.gif

Edit... add a ticket for it: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/314

Edit2: Changed, Domination svn revision 4 (register over at dev-heaven and you can follow all changes that make it into svn).

It's also possible to turn of artillery and drop completely.

How could I go about adding these addons into the script for things such as pilot restrictions and respawn without using additional scripts?  

Look for d_only_pilots_can_fly in init.sqf adn add the soldier types that are allowed to fly.

Concerning the planes, add

handle = [this, 240] execVM "x_scripts\x_vehirespawn2.sqf"

in the init line of a plane (it will respawn if it is destroyed or use x_vehirespawn.sqf, without the 2, to let it respawn once moved and no crew is in it).

Xeno

xeno.

the new 3.50 code is terrific. especially liking the enemy recapturing taken towns. as you know i use mainly the AI version,

i can say that this is working extremely well.

regards./

Hey guys, i was just wondering. What are the advantages of playing as Bravo squad? With them being special forces, i was wondering if they had any abilities? I notice the squad leader cannot call for air drops like Alpha and Charlie.

@Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Team Bravo members have one special ability, they can "climb" over walls and fences. Though I think I disabled this in the A.C.E. version.

Maybe in future versions they will have more abilities.

If you want to have other features implemented or find any bugs do me a favour and register over at http://www.dev-heaven.net and report them there.

It's easier to keep track of all bugs and feature requests.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/domination

And... maybe you'll find some goodies there wink_o.gif

Xeno

Hi justing getting in to the new version. 3.50. Here are a few Issues I saw.

Playing the ace version

- I was an engineer but couldn't fix any thing.

- The mission seemed to lag more than previous. I lost 10 FPS to the previous versions of this missions on the same server.

-Then the mission crashed with the following error.

"mpmissions\_CUR_MP.Sara\x_scripts\x_target_clear_client.sqf - error 6."

I hope ths helps. I was told this was the second time it crashed with this error. I was playing on the GSA ACE server in australia.

hi again.

also saw this error in the 3.50w2 the error is reproducible when and only when a target town is cleared, the server stays online but the players client crashes, when you rejoin the game, the town is shown as cleared and the bonus vehicle is at base as normal, i have posted a description in xenos forums at dev-heaven along with a few other 'finds'

regards./

edit, i forgot to say that this server is running beta1.15 and ACE1.04 running the 'complete, ordered route'

@Twisted1

Added bug report...

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/412

Which version was it ? WIP One or WIP Two ?

Edit: Problem was because you guys activated  which is still WIP and causes problems smile_o.gif

Edit2: preprocessor bug will get fixed this evening (for a fast solution take a look at bug #415 at dev-heaven.net)

Edit3: new WIP version three available... http://dev-heaven.net/boards/18/topics/show/177

Xeno

Though I allways say no new version anymore... but...

New version 3.50 available...

What's new (overview) ?

All A.C.E. missions including the ones released as a standalone package are now part of the Domination mission pack again.

New Domination! A.C.E. East and... tata... ranked versions.

Many things changed... but take a look at the small changelog yourself.

(Small) Changelog:

Quote[/b] ]

- dropping an ammobox from a chopper or mhq is now only possible if you've loaded one into the chopper or mhq

(load it at ammo point at base or load a dropped one again into the vehicle, though you have to wait about 5 minutes

before you can drop or load a box from/to the same vehicle again)

- added a dialog for the MHQs and the lift choppers (action menu "MHQ Menu" and "Chopper Menu").

It will let you create a vehicle or teleport from MHQs and gives you the possibility to drop and load an ammocrate if you

are the driver/pilot (all others can see if an ammocrate is loaded). Reduces the number of action menu entries for these vehicles.

- fixed the annoying "can't get anything out of an ammobox" bug. Ammoboxes are now handled locally on each client

- splitted init.sqf in 5 files. You have to edit init.sqf and the i_* files, too

- sidemissions are now easier to add, see x_missions folder, I've included a small howto in that folder (hopefully easier),

still WIP)

- artillery can now fire more than one salvoe but it will take some time before the first shell hits the target

(somehow more realistic, flight time, reload time, etc, for salvoes the artillery reload time can also be changed,

d_arti_reload_time in i_common.sqf)

- time until artillery is available again depends on the number of salvoes fired

- players can now see the artillery messages only if they are about 15 m away from an artillery operator.

- artillery operators now have to be max. 500 m away from the artillery target

("line of sight", default 500 m, can be changed in i_common.sqf, d_arti_operator_max_dist) otherwise no artillery

strike will be executed, you'll see a yellow diagonal marker which indicates the max distance.

- same for players that are able to call in an air drop, they have to be 500 m near the drop point to call in a drop,

you'll see a yellow diagonal marker which indicates the max distance.

("line of sight", default 500 m, can be changed in i_common.sqf, d_drop_max_dist)

- enemy troops will now recapture allready taken towns (totally random which town and when).

Does only work if there are human players on the server. Mission won't end if those towns don't get captured again by

the players.

- chance for a main target counterattack is now down to 10% and it doesn't depend on the number of resolved sidemissions

anymore (got sick of it)

- rebuilding a wreck at a wreck repair point will now take some more time (depends on the type of vehicle, plane,

helicopter, other)

- changed HALO jump height from 888m to 8888m. It'll now take some time to reach the ground making players think twice

about not moving a MHQ to the next target (HALO height can be changed in i_common.sqf, d_halo_height)

- instead of HALO jump flags that get created at a main target once it's cleared you can now also change it to create

a vehicle, no HALO parajump will be available then, instead the player will be put into a vehicle. Simply change

d_jumpflag_vec in i_common.sqf and add the vehicle you want, for example: d_jumpflag_vec = "UAZ";.

Default is still HALO jump.

- players get kicked out of air vehicles (bonus vehicles for sidemissions or main targets) for the first 30 minutes

when they join (true for all players, even those that joined at mission start). This will prevent players to havoc

those vehicles that others have won when they join later during the mission. Can be turned of by setting

d_player_air_autokick to 0 in i_common.sqf (if for example ArmA crashes in the first 30 minutes after joining the

mission that time will get subtracted from the 30 minutes so you don't have to start all over again).

You'll get a message displayed if the 30 minutes are over.

- because of adding the above... the player score gets saved when a player leaves and if he joins again later he will

get the same score as before. Players that kill other players will be punished by adding a -10 score, if you die your

score drops -1. Your rank gets updated similiar to the score in Evolution (in the status dialog you will see your

current rank in the middle of the dialog)

- reinforcements at main targets will now only start to occur if players were detected by the enemy, a message gets displayed.

- admins can now specify the order of main targets (predefined routes) in the server lobby (random targets are still available,

ordered routes are only available on Sahrani).

("Random 1-21","South Route","North West Route","North Middle Route","North East Route","Complete, ordered")

- teleport back to base disabled. You can now only teleport to mobile respawn one and two (if the player dies he

can still respawn at base)

- you can turn off player marker names (shown on map if enabled). Simply set d_show_player_marker_names to false

in i_client.sqf. Direction indication for markers (vehicle markers, playermarkers) can be turned off completely.

d_p_marker_dirs and d_v_marker_dirs in i_client.sqf. You can also specify which player markers get used, change

d_p_marker in i_client.sqf

- instead of 28 scripts running for boat respawn there's now only one script that handles the respawn of all 28 boats.

Same for all your choppers, MHQ and trucks at base. Means, instead of 45 scripts that were running now only 3 scripts

are responsible for vehicle respawn.

- fixed, now only engineers can board the Salvage trucks (in AI version still everybody can get in)

- changed markers, a lot warfare markers get used now

- fixed, when one of the warfare aircraft factories at base were destroyed new JIP engineers couldn't rebuild a

destroyed factory

- fixed, in all normal versions (means all version != A.C.E.) artillery operators didn't have the "Call Artillery"

action menu entry after respawn anymore (forgot to include x_macros.sqf in x_playerspawn.sqf)

- new enemy air attack planes and choppers will now only show up over main targets if players were spotted and the

radio tower at a main target is not down.

(choppers and planes that were allready over a main target will still progress to the next main target, kind of

following the players). Illumination at night at main targets will only start if players were spotted.

- added experimental air taxi support in the AI version (though not fully tested). It uses mando heliroute. A chopper

will come to your position, waits until the player has boarded and flys back to base (available via radio).

- added Domination! A.C.E. East version

- added ranked versions, somehow like in Evolution (A.C.E., West, East, RACS). Though you can setup the points

a player gets, looses or needs for a promotion for allmost everything (see i_client.sqf at the bottom of the file)

- fixed rescue prisoners sidemissions

- changed lifting code, midair collisions shouldn't occur anymore

- removed vehicle HUD in A.C.E. versions from tanks and strykers. Interferes with digital compass in 1.06

- jet service/reload only triggers if the speed of the plane is below 10 km/h

- enemy choppers that drop paratroopers don't get deleted immediately anymore when hit or destroyed

- changed all special player variables like d_artillery from class based to slot based (instead of d_artillery = ["OfficerW"];

use d_can_use_artillery = ["RESCUE","RESCUE2"])

- if parajump at base is enabled it is now possible to time limit the parajump (d_para_timer_base)

- changed respawn position at MHQs

- it is now possible to create an A.C.E. AI version just by changing parameters in x_setup.sqf

(AI will follow you when parajumping or teleporting)

- teamkillers will loose 10 score points (in every version) and a message will show up on all clients announcing the killer

- instead of creating ranom units in a group (could happen that you had to fight against a group of medics) groups are

now spawned with the same units everytime. Which groups gets spawned is still random

- lifting capability can be removed from the four choppers at base now without loosing the ability to load ammo boxes

- creating a vehicle at an MHQ is still possible, but you have to wait some time before you can create a new one

(adjustable in i_common.sqf, d_remove_mhq_vec_time, default 1800 seconds = 30 minutes)

- added new A.C.E. weapons and vehicles

- A.C.E. missions released as a standalone package are now part of the complete Domination! package again

- A.C.E.ified revive scripts in the A.C.E. missions that use revive

- many internal scripts changed, much new stuff added.

For example, boolean variables are no longer being transfered packed into an array to a new connecting player in

onPlayerConnected but get converted into a bit array which itself gets converted into an integer number. So instead

of sending 17 variables (default version, TT 25) over the network when a player connects only one integer variable

gets transfered

- fixed many more remaining bugs

- etc., etc., etc.

------------------------------------------------

The package now includes the following missions (40):

co30 Domination! One Team - West

co30 Domination! One Team - West AI

co30 Domination! One Team - West Revive

co30 Domination! One Team - West Ranked

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs AI

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs Revive

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs Ranked

co30 Domination! One Team - East

co30 Domination! One Team - East AI

co30 Domination! One Team - East Revive

co30 Domination! One Team - East Ranked

co30 Domination! One Team - West Mando

co@30 Domination! One Team - West Schmalfelden Edition

co@30 Domination! One Team - East Uhao Edition

co@30 Domination! One Team - CSLA

co@30 Domination! One Team - A.C.E.

co@30 Domination! One Team - A.C.E. East

co@30 Domination! One Team - A.C.E. Ranked

co30 Domination! Two Teams

co25 Sahrani Battle v3.22

co25 Sahrani Battle v3.22 Mando

co30 Hill Defense 1.61

co32 Returning Home 1.37

co20 High Mountains 1.83

co25 Enemy at the Gates (Corazol)

co33 Revenge 1.17

co16 Leviathan Rising 1.36

co17 Wings of Steele 1.63

co18 Green Holidays 1.03

co18 Southern Comfort 1.43

co35 Red Alert 1.0

co35 Red Alert 2 1.71

co@24 Attack [ACE] 1.75 (needs QG for Podaga island from FDF)

co@24 Attack [ACE] 1.75 Revive (needs QG for Podaga island from FDF)

co@20 Big Chance 1.88 [ACE] (QG for Podaga island from FDF)

co@20 Big Chance 1.88 [ACE] Revive (QG for Podaga island from FDF)

co@20 High Mountains 1.84 [ACE] Revive

co@33 Revenge 1.22 [ACE] Revive

co@25 Battle for Avgani 1.06X [ACE] (needs Avgani)

------------------------------------------------

Please be aware that you need A.C.E. 1.06 for the A.C.E. version now!

If somebody is more talented in making dialogs than me, please go ahead and change them (making dialogs is one of

the most frustrating editing parts in ArmA, I often want to throw my keyboard out of the window when ArmA crashes again

because of a missing semicolon in the dialog config or something else. It would be easier for me to convert Excel or Word

to ArmA script than dealing with dialogs smile_o.gif... just kidding)

Domination! is now a project over at dev-heaven.net. Feel free to join and help developing it !!!!!!!!

Please report bugs there using the bug tracker or if you want new features add them there too (Tickets).

It's up to you where the journey is going (let's call it a community project)... so get involved.

And finally...

Download (now as 7z, much,much smaller):

Domination! 3.50 Mission Pack

One more thing:

You don't have to ask me for permission to modify any of the missions or release a modified mission. Simply do it! (You don't even need to mention me anywhere!wink_o.gif.

There are more important things in life.

And... please use a dedicated server to play the missions. Hosted won't work.

Enjoy!

And have fun !!!!!

Xeno

Bugfix Release 3.51 available...

Shortly after the 3.50 release a bugfix release was necessary.

A bug in one of the sidemission files led to a server crash (nested #ifdefs).

Changelog:

Quote[/b] ]

* fixed nasty bug in x_sideprisoners.sqf which led to a server crash

* CarlGustaffa added support for statics to use vehicle hud and direction indication

* clients are not sending their score every two seconds to the server anymore (server can handle it itself)

* removed more unit types that can get spawned (hopefully solves performance problems)

Sorry for that.

Download:

Domination! 3.51 Mission Pack

Please report any bugs that you find at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/domination (file a ticket).

Enjoy!

And have fun !!!!

Xeno

_Xeno_

we find that with 3.51 non ACE version you get shot through the walls if hiding in house or building,last version 3.28 was ok,the rounds seem to go right through,otherwise all else is great,just thought i would pass this along,maybe others are having same issue. thanks for your great work biggrin_o.gif

Kryptonite!

Hiho .. it's been a while  biggrin_o.gif

I'd like to know how I can enable the civilians in the towns. I've found the civ vehicle array but it seems to do nothing. Hours of search in your script files did not bring me further - although I have to admit they have become very comfortable to use!

There is another thing I would like to handle. I would like to set up that there is only one sidemission in 30 minutes. How can I do this?

Btw .. I've nominated Domination 3 to the Community Awards 2008  wink_o.gif