Sign in to follow this  
LCD344

Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel 1.0 OFPEC Review (score: 8)

Mission by LCD

Type : SP

Island : Sahrani

Requirments : ArmA v1.08

Mission overview :

Ths island is divided and on the brink of war. Infiltrate an enemy town and assassinate Gen. Benitez. Keep wary of your 6 though, a deadly shadow is out there.

Special feutres

LCDs version of grouplink script.

Great cutscenes

Special conversion of famous OFP scripts

Special hacking Dialog

Full briefing

Ingame cutscenes

Hidden diffrent ending

Full voice acting

Kronzky's UPS

The mission is a story driven SF, with a couple of plot twists...

Thanks to Armaholic.com for hosting it for me

download Links

Armaholic mirror

OFPEC Review (score: 8)

Sounds interesting, indeed. I'll test it as soon as possible...

ArmA needs missions more than addons right now ! Keep them coming.

Malick

Must say, so far I like it...

Kind of an SOB to keep hidden, once the ball is dropped its a kill fest.

i know but.... i timed da intro with da music... nd when i used da preload command and waited for it 2 load it moved da timing way outta control (adding a whole 30 seconds 2 da intro crazy_o.gif) so it stayed how it is confused_o.gif

also i like to hear any comments ny1 who plays it got... as im starting to work on a sequel soon biggrin_o.gif

LCD OUT

LCD,

Thanks for the mission, it's pretty good, I enjoyed playing it.

I didn't really understand the role of the sniper - why was he even there? It didn't make sense to me.

I agree with Heatseeker about the intro breaking up - for long periods in the intro I only saw very blocky graphics, so you should probably think about using graphics preloading.

Thanks for the mission again - looking forward to part 2.

on the subject of da sniper....

its obvious he was on orders to protect u... and make sure u get out of da mision alive.... in da background story (notes section) it tells u da island is devided into 3 parts... so u r american helping 1 side against general benitez, da sniper is from da other side also working against benitez... i do priomise alot more about da sniper will b uncovered on da sequel biggrin_o.gif

if u ever get 2 play da mision again... search 4 a PC in da second base and hack it (a good use of dialogs wink_o.gif) later on in da mision you wil get asked to chose character (only hapens if u hack da PC) choose da angel and u will get more info about him (u will finish da mision playing him biggrin_o.gif)

LCD OUT

ur welcome m8 wink_o.gif

da tip is writen in da readme :P also deres a link in da readme to a small video showing how u can use da hack device (in case u never played splinter cell DA wow_o.gif)

LCD OUT

This is a very clever mission.  The cutscenes are cinematic and well executed.  It also keeps you off-guard and guessing what comes next.  Highly recommended.

Thanks for the cool mission LCD.

I've had some troubles with the cinematic :

- non loaded textures and LODs

- intro cinematic not ending (the general stands with his men for ever after they disembark from the LandRover).

Otherwise, nice mission. Haven't finished it yet wink_o.gif

Malick

Quote[/b] ]- intro cinematic not ending (the general stands with his men for ever after they disembark from the LandRover).

does it always do that ? or did it just happend once... ?

LCD OUT

Just happened once. Couldn't get to the end of the intro, so I just had to skip it confused_o.gif

Note that I haven't tried it since (skip each time on mission start).

Malick

Nice mission, was fun to play. At first town killed sniper who was helping me  rofl.gif Had to deal will sahrani troops on my own pistols.gifpistols.gif

Question.

My game freezes right when I am searching the officers body, while being told that a sniper rifle is being airdropped to me. It gets right to the part in the audio where command is about to tell me I can locate it with my tracking device and the game freezes up. I have to exit it via the task manager. Do you know what might be causing that. I have never had the that game freeze up on me and it happens every time.

Help!! help.gif

sory... i dont realy know... as it never got reported before... if u have QG, mebe u shud try playing it with QG turnd off... if anyone else car report that bug and give me some more info ? ill look into it biggrin_o.gif

LCD OUT