Sign in to follow this  
scubaman3D

FN SCAR

"Thanks for the comments guys.  This is literally my first attempt at anything related to OFP/ArmA modding and 3D modeling and texturing in general, so please be patient while I learn. After its released, anybody and their brother is free to modify the model and retexture it or whatever."

And we certainly appreciate your hard work very much!

Best wishes! We need more talanted addonmakers, like u!!!

...but he never sent

his models to Jackal, or that was the last words that i heard of

the BlackBlood's SCAR's L & H models to Jackal. Let's C ya

Oh but i did send the OFP SCARS to Jackal...and i'm pretty sure he's already established that fact once or twice for you nonbelievers out there...   biggrin_o.gif Bear with the overworked fella.

Apart from that, cool wip pics.  thumbs-up.gif

Well here's something a little different - the SCAR AK (7.62x39) these are produced in much lower numbers than the 'H' and 'L' variants.

I'm pleased with the progress I'm making so far and for anybody who doesn't know yet, the SCARs will be featured in the 6thSense mod.

scarakingameza8.jpg

Hi, i think that that uggly two tones (golden & coyote tan?) is a

civilian version of the FN SCAR-L; i can't confirmate it. But i find

hard to belive that someone alows a soldier to carry a golden weapon

to the field. Let's C ya

^haha...well I don't think there is a "civilian version"...but I agree, its ugly but so is the aa12.

If something's ugly but does the job what does that matter?

the real SCAR's color is more uniform.

also the newest version of the SCAR uses the M4 grip and not the FN style. what you have is the 1st generation modeled.

you can see many differences between gen1 and gen2 SCARs.

most recent is Gen3 but there isnt much info on it.

Gen1

scar_l-1.jpg

Gen2

scar-l_eglm.jpg

as far as i can see it does come in the gold for the military and comes in black also

Im not a fann of the 2 tone! sad_o.gif

Id rather just have it only light brown, no golden!

I think itle look prety funny with ArmA's graphics.. I can just picture it now, a gun shining threw the branches of a tree lol

I was working on a Gen 3 Model of the Source Engine up until Steam Vac-banned me for some corrupt files or some thing but if i feel oh so compelled i can complete it for you guys.

the real SCAR's color is more uniform.

also the newest version of the SCAR uses the M4 grip and not the FN style. what you have is the 1st generation modeled.

you can see many differences between gen1 and gen2 SCARs.

most recent is Gen3 but there isnt much info on it.

Gen1

scar_l-1.jpg

Gen2

scar-l_eglm.jpg

The picture I linked above is a G3 SCAR...

But ok, to please the masses, I will make the colors more uniform in the final version.

don't please the masses.... follow the real steel... and the Dual tone look is because of the upper receiver being anodized metal and the lower being a polimer

Hey scuba, excellent work on your SCAR's.

But just out of interest will you be doing any SCAR's either the CQC and/or Standard with varying optic choices? namely M68 CCO/Aimpoint Comp-M2/M3, Eotech HDS 552/553 or Acog?

Cheers dude.

Hey scuba, excellent work on your SCAR's.

But just out of interest will you be doing any SCAR's either the CQC and/or Standard with varying optic choices? namely M68 CCO/Aimpoint Comp-M2/M3, Eotech HDS 552/553 or Acog?

Cheers dude.

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes...

@Inkompetent - thanks. I know the AK version is a little funky. If I could do it over again, I would have modeled/textured the SCAR L first...

I've tried the new RHS weapons, and then played through a few missions with regular BIS M4s... and couldn't hit the side of a t72 from 150m. Why? No idea. But the US SF desperately need new special weapons!