Sign in to follow this  
bwf_ares

Virtual Training Space by [CTR]Grimm

AVAILABLE NOW*AVAILABLE NOW*AVAILABLE NOW

7e3f03203f1a71ec0a02cd49c398c.jpg

VIRTUAL TRAININGSPACE

Trailer

Download the Virtual TrainingSpace (english version)

Release : september-october 2007

Anywho

You can choose your side, BLUFOR or OPFOR, for cooperation up to 25 players.

Anywhere

This real time edition system works anywhere on the main Armed Assault map. You just have to locate your start point and your objective on the map (it may be in a town, in the country...). The objective will be materialized by a flag. The mission ends successfuly when a player approaches the flag at less than 3 meters.

You can focus on details too : how big is the enemy territory, how many patrolling ennemy groups will be there, how aggressive they will be...

Whenever

You can choose time and weather (fog, rain...).

Anyhow

You can play with or without respawn.

If you leave respawn "on", men will respawn near their leader, and the leader will respawn at the starting point (so protect the leader!wink_o.gif.

If you set the respawn "off", when you die you will follow your teammates with a video system.

You can ask for weapons and vehicles on your starting point, depending on your side. You could do a mission with an M1A1 or T72 by example... With this option, a logistic convoy can be radio activated, allowing tou to rearm, refuel, repair...

You can start the mission on the ground or in the air. In this case, the dispersion of the paratroopers will depend on the weather. If winds are violent, you can be very far from each other.

More :

Enhanced AI

If they have too many casualties or if they are outnumbered, your opponents will withdraw : the enemy leader will throw grenades if you are close, then smoke for his men to withdraw. Some time after, they will regroup and flank you.

New health and damage system

If you are injured, a black screen will simulate blast for a few seconds, depending on how bad is your injury.

If you're really badly injured, some hemorrhage may happen. You will not survive a long time if you're not healed.

Medics can heal hemorrhages and injuries, but no more than 50 percent of the initial player's health. An other bullet, and the player will die for sure.

Medics have a limited amount of kits. How long a medical care lasts depends on how bad is the injury.

Artillery and satellite view

The leader can ask for artillery support and satellite view.

For any remark or feedback: http://centurions.forumotion.com/Feedback-VTS-f21/

if i understood this right...

so your telling me i can input AI onto the map WHILE playing the mission on the server? just spawn enemies out of my ass and then i have to blow them up?

or you select all this stuff before you start the mission on the server?

Nice effort u are doing to game guys. There is lack of serious missions like this in game so keep it up!

if i understood this right...

so your telling me i can input AI onto the map WHILE playing the mission on the server? just spawn enemies out of my ass and then i have to blow them up?

Well, in fact you enter a "pre-mission", where your observer will have access to a menu allowing him to select a number of parameters such as the number and the skill of the IA, their localization and the material they are using (vehicles).

Then you run the mission and you are teleported to your entry spot (by air or by ground).

I hope this clarifies a little what will be released smile_o.gif

Looks amazing, great for training purposes ... keep up the good work! smile_o.gif

Good work.

This will be very useful for my local server. We have no admin rights, and getting new missions uploaded takes weeks. Being able to create missions on the fly will be great.

Some News

VTS is now in beta (and it is yet quite finished and working on my opinion) and will be played by some external teams to provide me some feedback I can work on, in order to release a completly finished product.

In France, release is scheduled on the 20th of september. The english version will be released as soon as it is translated (i'm not the translator in chief, don't worry wink_o.gif ). If everything goes fine, english version could be released with the french version.

dmitri / Infamous =) that's exactly why i created vts : to provide easy training, in any conditions. With one mission, teams can create a lot of situations. Hope you'll enjoy it ! smile_o.gif

DIY Mission on the spot, in just a few minutes.

Thanks for making me slap myself, I thought I was dreaming but I appear not to be. Wow wow_o.gif

I look forward to the english version. I can only do basic french words i'm afraid (failed main exam, so doing a higher course for two years - crazy I know lol) otherwise I would love to help out in the translation.

JasonO =) thanks.

In fact, it would be nice to have a native english look on the mission (mainly the briefing) just before english release. Gladius is making a great job in translating, but some help before the final release wouldn't be refused... smile_o.gif

Any volunteer?

JasonO =) thanks.

In fact, it would be nice to have a native english look on the mission (mainly the briefing) before release. Gladius is making a great job in translating, but some help before the final release wouldn't be refused... smile_o.gif

Any volunteer?

You mean just like testing the mission and reporting back? I might not have the internet for a few days, but I would definitely be interested in trying it! smile_o.gif

Yes, it would be cool if some of you could report little translation mistakes.

Infam0us =) I send you my msn (pm). But not having internet could be a problem wink_o.gif

Here at GOL we could also test and help with English checking if you like, me, jason and a few others in the clan are very talented people. smile_o.gif

vts_en10.jpg

VIRTUAL TRAININGSPACE

Watch the trailer (english version) on Youtube

Download the Virtual TrainingSpace (english version)

============================================================

Content

- One pbo : VTS.Sara.pbo (copy this pbo in Arma/MPmissions/)

- One readme.txt

- One user manual for the computer (pdf)

ArmA 1.08 Compatible

Mods Compatible

No add-on is required.

VTS Concept

This mission helps you create an infinite number of exercises in real-time with a simple and universal model : starting at point A (Insertion), the players must reach point B, the objective, materialized by a flag.

The first purpose of that program is allowing the squad leader (must be a player) to choose the environmental parameters of his mission : the starting spot (either on the ground or parachuted), the location of the objective, the size of the ennemy area, the canopy, the meteo, the time, mission with or without respawn…

The second purpose is the ability to use some advanced modules in-game: satellite view, artillery support. It’s a good occasion to use some realistic scripts: tactical withdrawal of the enemy, who will be more likely to flank the players, and the enhanced injury and healing system, which adds a more realistic touch to the game.

A few words about the enhanced injury and healing system :

A new healing system has been added in this mission, giving some particular importance to the medic. In case of injury, the players can be stunned (black veil). In case of a serious injury, a severe hemorrhage can occur (skull and hint « hemorrhage »). If this happens, the player will die in the few following minutes if he’s not healed by a medic. As for the medic, he only has 3 healing kits at his disposal. The healing action lasts longer.

The logistics convoy

If you choose to play a mission with vehicles and weapons, you’ll then be able to call a logistics convoy. This will head towards the squad leader’s position. If the latter dies, the convoy will stop at his last location.

I have been experimenting with this mission in MP LAN mode (but playing by myself) for about an hour now and have to admit this is a great mission and a lot of fun!

Once you get the hang of the command system for setting up the mission parameters (it is pretty straight forward). You can have a custom mission created and under way within one-two minutes (if not faster if you plan ahead). The manual that comes with the mission and the mission briefing notes are excellent at describing how to set up a mission.

I really like the ability as platoon leader to call in artillery or get a satellite image (or suddenly call in fog or rain!wink_o.gif. I am still trying to gauge different AI aggression factors and AI group size to see what some good combinations are but it is clear there can be a lot of variety. I haven't found any bugs which is also a great sign.

The only part I have some questions about right now is with the weapons/vehicle parameters. It seems to be an all or nothing setting (multiple quantities and types of vehicles for both sides). Is there a way to only request weapons crates and not vehicles? Or to only request specific vehicles (Hummers but not tanks, etc.). Also, is there a way to not give OPFOR vehicles even if you have opted for them for BLUFOR? If not, I think those options might be good to implement if possible.

I am going to continue to evaluate it but I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite missions!

Well done Grimm and anyone else involved with this mission!

First, thank you smile_o.gif

About vehicles, the first purpose of this mission is training. So the platoon leader should have a clear view of what he wants to do with his men : will they mount vehicles, or just take some weappons from the crates, etc. And i didn't want to complicate again the platoon leader's computer. in fact, it is quite a matter of choice of gameplay. If you select the vehicles/weapons options, you will access a large panel of US or OPFOR vehicles/weapons, and you will have to organize your platoon to fill your training goals.

Your opponents have vehicles in this case, but it is kept proportionnal : you won't have an army of T72 in front of you.

Hope you'll continue to enjoy it anyway wink_o.gif ... I will try to enhance the computer in VTS2 which is already scheduled (and study the interesting points you made about vehicles and weapons).

I continue to be impressed by this mission. So, I have created a short video that gives a overview of how to set up a quick custom mission in Virtual TrainingSpace. This video should show how easy it really is to get a custom mission going in just a few minutes.

The video shows the bare minimum needed to get started, but as stated by the mission creator, there are numerous parameters that can be customized for missions anywhere on the Island.

Again, well done Grimm!

Here is the video:

Virtual TrainingSpace Quick Custom Mission Overview on YouTube

OMG! lol... I don't know what to say but thank you! smile_o.gif

(just a little info : the red square depends on the size of the area as you defined it with option 4 : if you dial "4" then 200 by example, the square will be 200m/side, and a lot smaller. It materializes the AI patrolled zone). wink_o.gif