Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

BCC Central, Unit 43 is 22 at CP location

Many forum topics ago I remember someone (don't know who) said I was self rightous for having the ambition to suggest such addons here today.  And I couldn't help but draw a comparison to real life law enforcement.  In life you got two kinds of people, thoses who stand on the sideline and criticize, then you have people like Police Officers, or Sheriff's Deputies and State Troopers who take a step forward and choose to do the job that your average person cares not to.  Why do they do it?  It's not the glory, it's not the pay, it's just what they love to do.  If doing what you love to do is self rightous, then he was right.  And it's because of my love of doing art that I am proud to present to the OFP community it's first real American Police Car, the Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor! Enjoy!

P.S.  Buckle your seat belt.

Link Updated

http://yucatacounty.com/downloads/ERTmod%20Police%20Package.rar

i dunno...a later version will have a destroyed model if i can ever find the script.

DKM Mods' RAH-66 Comanche had a script that swapped out the model for a destroyed one.

why is it that when you shoot at it with an rpd mg it like explodes but forms a wierd shape?

I think the correct term is "OFP engine". tounge2.gif

Sounds nice, will have to check these.

why is it that when you shoot at it with an rpd mg it like explodes but forms a wierd shape?

I think the correct term is "OFP engine". tounge2.gif

Sounds nice, will have to check these.

wow i was waiting for these biggrin_o.gif had to do with JMG_cops but these models and textures are way better. oh small down side though... could you please change the sounds of the sirene? making my head explode :S maybe (unless its realistic) you could remove some of the sirene lights on the back of the cars. theyre quite annoying. if not then fine by me! though the sirene must really be pitched down a bit...

model and textures great though! love it!

this is 25P 10.8 repeat, 10.8 over..

Hey nice work, Delta!

well, i have one problem:

Pic 1

so this is the pic of the car that was included in the download

Pic 2

and this is what it looks like in-game

So, as you can see there is a huge difference in texture guality. Any ideas how this could be fixed?

confused_o.gif

I really enjoy this addon.Would be quite funny to save the sound and play it in my car on full blast tounge2.gif

@Ace check you're graphics settings because It appears fine for me.

Hey nice work, Delta!

Pic 1

Pic 2

So, as you can see there is a huge difference in texture guality. Any ideas how this could be fixed?

confused_o.gif

hmm check your vehicle graph (or overall i dunno, just as the above states) cuze the textures are good on my side. all the textures

Hey nice work, Delta!

Pic 1

Pic 2

confused_o.gif

Ha. Your PC sucks more than mine.

Turn up your LOD settings. That might work.

I'm french so sorry for my bad english lol

I love this pack ! but I would say: the police radio in the sheriff car never stop! it's boring. And I can't open a lots of policemant..There is a error "model". sad_o.gif

But it's really a good work !! thanks you very much !

I'm french so sorry for my bad english lol

I love this pack ! but I would say: the police radio in the sheriff car never stop! it's boring. And I can't open a lots of policemant..There is a error "model". sad_o.gif

But it's really a good work !! thanks you very much !

you need a weapons pack for the policemen. CSJ_weaponspack or something??

ok i haven't seen! sorry. But where is this pack of weapons?

And I have found an other bug...

When i am near the car, I can't shoot..there is an invisible wall :S

The wall bug is a lod issue. kinda one o fthe diffcult bugs to repair, but them if the car is used proporly, will protect the person using it for cover.

Unlike most cars the AI shoot through the lod hitting the target on the other side as if its not there. Its a problem with the OFP engine and its collssion detection system.. Its a police car the radio is constantly chattering.. It is realistic.. So are the lights and sirens as correct as can be made in OFP..

Most police addons have radio chatter the choppers the other cruisers and motorcycles. Other than the handhelds on the officer mocles which simliutate wearing ear peices.

Sugestions, bump up the armor values slightly, shitty AI draving still kills the car in one hint often.. RAther annoying having a stop sign tank out the cruiser just driving along the road.

There is a code string that set it so the radio i can only be heard on the inside as well as make the siren quieter on the inside and louder outside.

The Error is cause by the missing weapons pack the officers use, it can be gotten on OFP info.. its about 50 megs. Most should already have this pack seeing lots of troop addons hav eto use them to work..

bobcatt was right about the radio have chatter from helicopters and other units, but also if u look at all the cars with the radio chatter, they got two radios, one for police/county dispatch and one for EMS EMT emergencies. I could have included a set of options for the radio, but then alot more actions would have been included in the action menu.

@Ace, it's ur texture settings in ur preference. U probably got it on 512X512 or lower. It's not LODs afaik cause all LODs have the same body except the shadow LOD that won't work.

I wanted to include more siren sounds but i nvr could find one. And that particular siren is a Whelen siren, very popular cuz it catches ppls attention while annoying the cop.

i have this problem no .entry modelspecial.  sad_o.gif  why???

thats because itr cant find the weapon the unit is holding.

did you download the weapon pack?? if not then thats the problem wink_o.gif

Transparent windows would be cool. A high quality texture and model work would be much appreciated.

Finally, some cops for OFP

Oh, and could you add them for the west side also?

Some requests below

Detroit Police Department, MI

Montgomery County Police, MD

Washington DC Metropolitan Police Department

Los Angeles Police Department, CA

New York Police Department, NY

state trooper not enough for ye? :P maybe some city cops would be a nice addition though whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]A high quality texture and model work would be much appreciated.

hmm... these models and textures are great quality.. the best in ofp cops sofar... whistle.gif

Delta hawk in the secon pic you see a highway (or whatever) with a truck and some other cars on it. how did you manage to place the trailer on the truck its self? i have that addon to but according to the readme if i remember correctly, The AI can not drive with a trailer attach cuz it thinks there's a car behind it. so how did you do it?

EDIT: hmm found it at gamepark.. didnt know you were the creator smile_o.gif ahwell question above still counts! smile_o.gif

Belive Delta made the semi tractor trailer. Most of the stuff is used by his group in mission sessions in OFP so usualy the traffic stop was a normal mission in the game.. Or just posed picture for the addon..