Sign in to follow this  
1in1class

DXDLL

Yes dont know if this was said or not but will the DXDLL from OFP work with the ArmA? Because at nigh time its just way to dark you cant see anything at all not an inch in front of you thats not good. Just would like to know if there is any thing out there to make it not so dark at night.

? anyone

Night vision...

edit: or the sun... If you cant handle the dark, then lay low at night, and don't fight. Most fighting occurs either in broad day-light or at dusk, this is because night is a crucial factor in the strategy of war. Low visibility = not good, BI was just trying to implement this...

Dxdll won't work with ArmA I think, the graphic engine has changed too much between the two games.

you don't need dxdll.

write this in the init field of watherver unit

"setaperture= 0.07 "

Did anyone try dxdll with ArmA? Could there theoretically be a way for it to work?

What has kegetys been up to ?  tounge2.gif

Did anyone try dxdll with ArmA? Could there theoretically be a way for it to work?

What has kegetys been up to ? tounge2.gif

DXDLL is a modified DirectX8 file. ArmA is a DirectX9 game. So no, it wont work.

When the moon is out you can see a bit in the dark wink_o.gif

Oh yes I forgot that, OFP is a DirectX 8 game.

If you cant handle the dark, then lay low at night, and don't fight. Most fighting occurs either in broad day-light or at dusk, this is because night is a crucial factor in the strategy of war. Low visibility = not good, BI was just trying to implement this...

Interestingly, in a real war on terrain like Sahrani's the battles

would most likely be fought at night to mitigate the effects of

the open terrain (cf. the Falklands war, or "Desert Storm").

I agree that the night environment needs some tweaking still

in ArmA, especially since a pet addon project of mine will

depend on it. I still prefer it to the "theatrical darkness" we

used to get in OFP though.

Why would you want it changed? It is realistic now. In OFP we could always see our surroundings and what was near us at night, with kegey's effects that changed. The night in Arma is as it should be, low to no visibility unless near a light source.

My suggestion for you would be that if the night is too bright, mess with the gamma and brighness to make the night not so dark, its the best way without having to use a mod.

Because at nigh time its just way to dark you cant see anything at all not an inch in front of you thats not good.

Remember that the monitor plays a big role here! A couple of months ago I changed to a 21" Hitachi monitor and the difference from my old 19" Philips monitor was huge!

With the old Philips monitor I had the same problem as you and despite trying to tweak gamma and brightness it always felt to dark at night in ArmA but with the new Hitachi monitor I don't have thoose problems at all, it's of course still dark at night but not pitch black as before and I can actually see something without NVG's.

If you can't tweak your gamma/brightness in ArmA or on your monitor to good setting I suggest you to try with another monitor and see what happens.

/KC

Hi, is there a reason why "setaperture= 0.07 " don't work in ACE_Everon_desert island?

Thanks

If you cant handle the dark, then lay low at night, and don't fight. Most fighting occurs either in broad day-light or at dusk, this is because night is a crucial factor in the strategy of war. Low visibility = not good, BI was just trying to implement this...

Interestingly, in a real war on terrain like Sahrani's the battles

would most likely be fought at night to mitigate the effects of

the open terrain (cf. the Falklands war, or "Desert Storm").

I agree that the night environment needs some tweaking still

in ArmA, especially since a pet addon project of mine will

depend on it. I still prefer it to the "theatrical darkness" we

used to get in OFP though.

agreed with ya i mean US does a lot of its operation at night and night does not look like an pich black hole that ya cant see 2 inch in front of ya. But if there is an way that like in OFP DXDLL that made night look better to see in, if could be done plz do would be lovely biggrin_o.gif

also on the night vison is there a way to make the goggles be equipted on the helment of the units and have the fold down?

I've gotta agree with the comment about monitors, I've just got a crappy little 17" TFT monitor but with the gamma bumped up a little I can see ok in the dark. The moon does also play a huge part in night time visibility, the difference between full moon and a lunar eclipse in ArmA is quite stunning, but perfectly realistic if you ask me.

Also I'm pretty sure time makes a difference in visibility, even at night. I was making a mission involving a stealth insertion behind enemy lines via boat and I found about 4am to be about as dark as it gets (darkest before the dawn and all that).