Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

VF Realsound Patch V1.4 Last Release

I wanted to use the time I can spend on Arma more on scripting again and will quit sound editing for now.

I captured and collected a bunch of new sounds again after 1.3 and consider this modification final. I made sure all the added sounds are original which was the main purpose. They have been heavily edited by myself to make them usable as in-game sounds.

VF Realsound V1.4 Youtube

I will pack all the sounds into a file archive and release them as .wss files for everybody to modify their Weapons.pbo (instructions included) or use it in a separate mod folder.

VFSoundpatch1.4 Files (Rapidshare)

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Cool sounds! smile_o.gif

In youtube vid the AK74 (5.45mm) was as loud as DShK (12,7mm), the G36 and the M16 were to quiet (bouth 6.36mm). The SVD was silenced a bit, too (7,62mm PK ammo).

But that is just my opinion. I know you have always to hit the ballance between stress and quality in the sounds. And this ballance was not bad. notworthy.gif

definately an improvment, liked SLA sounds, but american sound were kinda wierd (specially the SAW and M4)

AK47,AK74, SVD and Grenade explosion are very good, much better than originl ArmA sounds but i dont like the rest, especially M16, M240 and M249. good efford though Mate thumbs-up.gif

The Ak74,Ak74U,SVD,M4 sounds are Great, but i dount really like the other ones.

U need to improve the M16,DsHK,G36,M2,SAW.249,M240,and give all Sounds a Better boom u know what i mean. wink_o.gif

But "all in one" i must say Great Job there i like it!

That Ak74 blow me away biggrin_o.gif

Nice one..downloading now smile_o.gif

There are lot of Sound Mods now for ArmA. Is there a way, to work together and make one exclusive Sound Mod? Sorry, only an idea xmas_o.gif

m240 sounds pretty close to real!!! getting there, can hear the mechanics working but does it go boom at a distance?

Might want to consider changing the call-out "Grenade!" to "Frag Out" when throwing a grenade, since that's normally what is called when you throw a frag.

@Imutep - no doubt that's a good idea. I haven't started any initiative yet but thought of creating a sound database with all the great sounds that people collected / made over time.

Ideally everybody could pick what he wants and have a custom weapons.pbo created then.

Right now I haven't pursued this further and don't know what the other sound makers think of it - but I am all open to ideas.

And once again about the sounds - they are all 100% original, sorry if some of you think they should sound different. I also wondered about the G36 for example but saw 2 videos where it sounded exactly like my sample. Same for the rest.

Cheers,

Victor

@Imutep - no doubt that's a good idea. I haven't started any initiative yet but thought of creating a sound database with all the great sounds that people collected / made over time.

Ideally everybody could pick what he wants and have a custom weapons.pbo created then.

Right now I haven't pursued this further and don't know what the other sound makers think of it - but I am all open to ideas.

And once again about the sounds - they are all 100% original, sorry if some of you think they should sound different. I also wondered about the G36 for example but saw 2 videos where it sounded exactly like my sample. Same for the rest.

Cheers,

Victor

Thats the way it is, real sounds seems to be unrealistic to ignorants like me icon_rolleyes.gif .

I love the idea of massive sounds database, everyone could perfectly tweak arma sounds. I havent yet found soundpack without sounds i dont like.

PS. I didnt mentioned i like Your "grenade shout", can feel tension in it thumbs-up.gif

i can usually do this stuff but i just cant seem to understand the readme, mind posting or pming me a sped version biggrin_o.gif

u could find another source for the us weapons, even tough the sounds are 100% real, theres just so much other 100% real sounds that sounds way better. GJ on the opfor guns tough thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Thats the way it is, real sounds seems to be unrealistic to ignorants like me icon_rolleyes.gif .

Thats why I replace some sounds in my FDF sound mod with better one. Its easy and everyone is happy. But you depend on good sound packs like this one. inlove.gif

i cant actually get the weapons.pbo to extract as the readme states, i ran the "thingy" like it said to, moved files to a temp file, copied weapons.pbo to the file (also created a backup just in case) and i still cant get it to work!!! any help would be appreciated, thank you.

He has said before that he has no interest in making a mod version, so you are SOL unless I missed something.

He has said before that he has no interest in making a mod version, so you are SOL unless I missed something.

what does mean "SOL" ?

ho , i tough this release was a patch file. but it's WSS colection.

@keaster - the way you describe it sounds as if you 100% confused biggrin_o.gif First, if you right-click the weapons.pbo file there must be a menu entry "extract". When you select this you will get a folder "weapons" afterwards. This is the decompiled weapons.pbo. In that folder there's folders \data\sound. That's where the enclosed .wss files from myself need to go, right?

@gl33k - using this in a mod folder is pretty easy; the only difference is that you use the modified weapons.pbo in a mod folder instead of the /addons folder. So just patch the weapons.pbo per the instructions, copy it to any mod folder you want and start AA with the -mod parameter, done.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

the extract has never showed up, i tried placing different things in different locations but no matter what, it will never be in the menu. considering i cant get the extract to show up, yes, i am 100 percent confused  biggrin_o.gif  and proud of it. for normal files i have the option to change it into a .pbo but not the other way around... its kind of upsetting as i really liked the sounds in the video!

keaster, I guess all you need right now is a tool to successfully extract your weapons.pbo. If the enclosed tool from Kegetys doesn't work for you then you might want to try some other tools from here:

PBO Tools

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

@gl33k - using this in a mod folder is pretty easy; the only difference is that you use the modified weapons.pbo in a mod folder instead of the /addons folder. So just patch the weapons.pbo per the instructions, copy it to any mod folder you want and start AA with the -mod parameter, done.

It also wastes HDD space.

251MB is used up just for a 6MB sound mod.

That's 1/4 of a gigabyte.

when i install this, and move the VF- .wss files over to the weapons/data/sound folder, it only over writes 4 files.... not the 15 or so that are included in the addon??

is this right or not?

oh and no i cant get it to work.... tried uninstalling ArmA and a new install... then patched to V.1.08 and still no joy.

any ideas? confused_o.gif

And to conclude what Vinci said, a pbo would be nice for us who are inept at editing and all that stuff. You lose a lot of "clients" this way.