Sign in to follow this  
Rebel Man

Oxygen 2

i installed o2 then the bis models to a diferent path then the default one, and i got those exact error messages. then i went back and unrar straight to p:\ . i then opened all the bis p3d file without any problem.

About o2, in the 30min i spent around it, seems to me that u cant just open your OFP p3d's in buldozer directly. they probably need material files associated, with shader information and materials proprierties. did u tryed to import just the mesh in 3ds or obj?

Another stuff i tryed was to export the bis models to xsi, in 3ds format. i tryed it with the a10, and o2 exported the mesh splited in 2 selections inside 1 .3ds file... basicly o2 broke all the polygons in triangles, and mesh1 is the "twin" of mesh2. At the end of the exporting o2 gave a message saying that object was suceffuly exported in 2 meshs. so i presume this is a normal behavior? anyone exported the bis models yet!?

i double check this by opening the 3ds file with deep exploration.its a bullet proof aplication that deals with all the 3d files, and the a10 was still split in 2 meshs...in DE i converted the 3ds to .xsi and imported again in xsi. this time the a10 was perfectly scaled, and the center point was right between the weels in 0 . that was really cool at least! smile_o.gif

I've solved the 2 mesh's problem by merging the 2 meshs in 1 new mesh and autoweld vertices...never saw that happening in a 3d file. whistle.gif

Another bad stuff is that i couldnt find my uv's, but i'm gona retry over and over with the settings till i figure out.

gona test some more see ya soon.

TY again bis for the powerfull tool.

Ok I put all tools in P: drive yet I still can't get the External Viewer to open sad_o.gif

Any of you vets got any advice- I'm just trying to make a crate.

When I launch the viewer from inside oxygen, this is what I see:

buldozerxp7.jpg

No matter what I do in oxygen, this screen doesn't change (unless I accidentally try to open a 'locked' p3d file, in which case I get an error).

Choosing the mission editor or similar choice is out of the question - I get missing cfg worlds and the beforementioned messages and then I CTD.

@froggy: I used arma as 'viewer'... It's slow, but it works

are you guys running a clean install of arma? or do you have addons etc within your main directories?

Addonsfolder "empty", but I have a few modfolders (truemods, NWD_Ballistics, ModWarSound). None of these are included in the buldozer shortcut though.

I keep getting errors with no addons.  No cfg worlds/ same errors above like mismatch exe and data for the external viewer

@HulkingUnicorn

"I used arma as 'viewer'... It's slow, but it works "

Sorry but could you explain how you do that. Just drop the p3d file in addons or something? Also what is bulldozer shortcut?

@psych

I tried cleaning out my addon folder but I do have a shagload of modfolders.

wow_o.gif

Hmmm well I found this on wiki:

External Viewer: C:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma\ArmA.exe -window -buldozer -noland

But after adding those 3 to my shortcut I got a no cfg.worlds error and then some sort of shader doesn't match error

-worldCfg= - you can force using specific world config (weather settings) that is in wiki but not sure what to put there

I'm unable to get the 'External viewer' to open. Do my tools have to be in the same root directory as my Arma.exe.?

Right now I have my game in : D\Atari\Arma\Arma.Exe.

while my tools are in

D\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools

No, you don't need to have the tools in the same directory as ArmA, and they don't need to be in the same hard disk drive either.

Ok I put all tools in P: drive yet I still can't get the External Viewer to open sad_o.gif  

Any of you vets got any advice- I'm just trying to make a crate.

If you installed the programs (Visitor 3, O2) as an administrator (well you had to), but use another account to use the programs, then your environment is not set correctly.

This is, in my humble opinion, a mistake from BIS' part, as they seem to think only an administrator needs to have the environment set up, which is wrong of course...

...if you suffer from this same problem then here are the steps I took to solve it:

- Copied "ArmAWork" folder as the administrator from the administrator's "My Documents" into "Shared files", then from there as the other user into the Other User's "My Documents" folder.

- Edited the file path in "<Other User>\My Documents\ArmAWork\mapdisk.bat" file to point to the Other User's folder.

- Double-clicked the mapdisk.bat file in Other User's ArmAWork folder (the one you just edited). Now you should have the p:\ drive created.

- Started "regedit" as administrator and copied some registry keys FROM the admin user's registry key tree TO the Other User's registry key tree. I used "Export" in regedit for most of them, then edited the exported files to point to the correct user and in path values, changed the values to point to correct folder, not to point to admin's home folder but to Other User's home folder, then "Import" in regedit and the Other User should then have the same registry keys as the admin has for these programs.

The registry entries I copied and edited where needed:

- "U:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run:mapdisk" (this one runs the mapdisk.bat file every time you login)

- "U:Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\Oxygen 2 Personal Edition"

- "U:Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\MAT"

The "U:" in the above means the registry key is under some user in the registry, first under the admin user and then you copy(&edit where needed) the keys for the Other User (if you got multiple "Other User's" then you must figure out which one is the right one in regedit under HKEY_USERS).

How use sample models of soldiers to make soldiermodel to 3d max rtm script.?....i can't...i have model to OFP but can't create to ARMA HELP Anybody.... whistle.gif

This is so confusing... sad_o.gif So do I have to install O2 a certain way for everything to work? I previously made mods in Sketchup for GTA games and maps for Counter-Strike: Source using Hammer, but this is by far the most difficult program of the three. Still, I want to learn, but everything here is so new to me. confused_o.gif

Nice explaining Baddo...

but unfortunately i understand nothing...

english is not my native language...

thanx anyway...

and to BI...

all i can say is why must i be a skilled administrator

to get this to work...

it's so frustrating...

it sucks...

the same with Oxygen 2 Light...

only 10 times harder

have a nice one

bye

I installed oxygen2 with the same user I installed and play arma with, so I guess that won't help me.

By the way, you don't have to have Visitor3 installed for Oxygen2 and Buldozer to work correctly, right?

Quote[/b] ]so when can we expect the first addons?

Go to your corner son and go think about what you just asked...i hope that answers your question..if not stay there untill you thought it trough.

(let me help you think, it is not that because O2 is out the addons will magicly roll out. Beside the fact we now have the shadow lods and material info in the pd3 itself now, almost everything else could be done before its release).

Still no go here with the buldozer. I tried to run arma with the buldozer parameters outside O2 and i'm getting the cfgworld again..so it is not that my O2 is setup wrong.

im trying to make a reference image on all sides to make it easier to start modeling. I get a plane load a texture get it so they align right press B for background mapping and it doesn't do anything its just a white plane without the drawing of a mosquito on it sad_o.gif

Edit: DaSqaude

If you got File > Options where is the viewer pointing to? in most cases it should point to bohemian interactive folder but if your using Atari version I'm wondering if it still shows BIS folder and not though Atari?

Viewer <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">G:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe -buldozer -window -noland witch is where my ArmA is installed.

DLL folder <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">X:\Tools\Oxygen 2 Personal Edition where it is installed and O2 by default fills it in aswell.

'artwork' installation done on <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">X:\DaSquade\ArmAWork

I do noticed i have to run the mapdisk.bat manually to get the P: drive to be created..shouldn't that be loaded autom.?

I do noticed i have to run the mapdisk.bat manually to get the P: drive to be created..shouldn't that be loaded autom.?

Have you placed mapdisk.bat in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

? smile_o.gif Should work.

I don't know mine runs automatically on start up... About the viewer i don't understand why it isn't working if it is going to right directory.

Can anybody tell me why when i try to map a .tga texture to a plane it comes up converting something but then in viewer it doesn't show the texture on the plane sad_o.gif

Thanks BergHoff (tried but run out of time to reboot and test..work :s). Will see and test tonight, but when i know click the bat it doesn't work either so guess that won't work. Plus, readme didn't mentioned that.

I also tried to place the arma.exe plus the two dll (ifc22.dll and ijl15.dll) in my O2 map and link from there, but still no go. Did that as someone pointed me to try that one.

Can anyone tell me what should be the command line to run buldozer standalone (so not through O2 launch)?

I think my shortcut G:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe -buldozer -window -noland was correct and would work..but liek in previous post, a negative again.

Are the models BIS provided fully set up, as such? That is, can one config them then run them in game with full animations, etc, or has BIS left parts out?

I tried to get the soldier model ingame, but none of the animations work, and I'm fairly sure I didn't maim any necessary selections. Weird.

Are the models BIS provided fully set up, as such? That is, can one config them then run them in game with full animations, etc, or has BIS left parts out?

I tried to get the soldier model ingame, but none of the animations work, and I'm fairly sure I didn't maim any necessary selections. Weird.

Yes it could be very interesting to have a solution for that problem because actually the model is useless

Ah shit a brick, all that work down the freakin' drain (until we get a working model up, anyway). sad_o.gif Ta for the quick answer.

After playing around last night for a few hours and getting no more than a mannequin floating around Rahmadi I thought I had screwed up some selections. I tried again with a fresh unzipped BISoldier model and I got the same so obviously it isn't the case of bad selections.

So what is the problem? I am far from a genius with this things but I have had plenty of standalone ArmA units working OK until now.

I also randomly get the config world error, but I cant seem to pinpoint the exact cause of problem. Sometimes I get it sometimes I dont, mostly its OK. Not sure in my case if it was something to do with where I open the model up from (either my P:\ drive or the same model from the My Documents\armawork folder I know this shouldnt be a problem as they are essentially the same place but...?

No matter how I try I cant get the texture preview to show in the Texture Library window either?, not a major prob but from experience in O2 light, if my textures were not showing here there was something wrong, be it either with texture paths or the texture locations. The textures do show in bulldozer and also after import into the game so It seems it could be a bug?

Last problem I have encountered is with export, I know the biki states there in no export function with O2PE but I have exported to .3DS OK on a couple of occasions, the only problem being that the .TGA texture/material file that also gets exported is blank. More often than not though I get a weird error message and O2 shuts down.

error message is as follows:

V Programu nastala chyba

System Windows nyni sbira informace o chybe generuji potrebne soubory.

Prosim cekejte, tato operace muze trvat trochu dele...

general protection error?? - ideas anyone?