Sign in to follow this  
shinden1

ARMA GDCE 1.00 by shinden

VERY IMPORTANT! --.MAP_Misc by MAPFACT

You DO need this one addon very badly...apologies to everyone who was frustrated by problems because of this, this was the markers error and without this the radio won't work obviously...Thank you Hecate for pointing this out and apologies to Snake Man whose post really should have alerted me to the real problem!

Update 8/20 0240 in the f'ing morning!!!: ARMA GDCE updated to version 1.02 : ARMA GDCE (armaholic)

-changelog:

1.02:

-Defend, Defend Convoy, and Support (defense) tweaked to allow faster mission complete in early mission selection. These were taking forever for me, and might lead people to believe something was broken.

-tweaked insertion script to hopefully end the man trapped on top of the rotor bug I've noticed. Team will come out a little slower per person.

-reinsertion should function

*next up* DAC, DAC, DAC and lots of crossed fingers, shooting for a next monday release of 1.03 with DAC

Update 8/19 0045: For those who thought I had DAC by 1.01, unfortunately not. It'll be a while for DAC while I get the main mission working to my satisfaction, 1.02 will be out tomorrow sorry for the delay...with the following fixes:

-Defense, support, and defend convoy missions adjusted complete requirements for early spawn levels.

-Eject sequence adjusted to (hopefully) end the 'man standing on the rotor, than falling to his death' syndrome

Update 8/18 1230: working on defense, support and defend convoy scripts as they require a high bodycount for a low spawn amount early in the mission, will have 1.02 up later this afternoon. No luck with the marker bug though.

edit 8/18 0300: updated to 1.01.

edit 8/18 2:18: updated link with armaholic submission

I've completed and uploaded my conversion of GDCE to ARMA to the public server. GDCE stands for General Dynamic Campaign Engine. GDCE was written by Kutya based on work by the DMA team. This work also includes some script modifications by me. GDCE comes with 2 playable out-of-the-box 'campaigns' that are only one dynamic mission long (one for west, one for east). This mission is a campaign itself that generates random missions for the player to complete, tracks his squads stats, and increases in difficulty with success. The mission can be saved (as explained in the readme) and reloaded to continue to make a very long mission.

GDCE is highly customizable, mission generated objects are kept in one file and can be changed to add the players favorite addons by just changing one file. The TEMPLATES allow a mission maker to adapt GDCE to other maps, move mission triggers wherever he likes and make his own custom version of GDCE. GDCE features many mission choices and random generation to make each mission a different experience.

all credits are included in the readme. Permission was granted by Kutya for release. 4 files are included in the RAR file

No.

alternate globals are provided in case you have the addons for them and want to try them out right away. installed without changing anything vanilla is all you need.

It says I need addons though two of the addons I need is the m4_custom and six_weapon and plenty of others but I can't name them off the top of my head

crap, your right. mission editor just keeps adding whatever I used to use, even though I removed it. working on it right now.......arrrrrrggggghhhhh.

It says I need addons though two of the addons I need is the m4_custom and six_weapon and plenty of others but I can't name them off the top of my head

sorry bout that, should work now.

congratz shinden1 smile_o.gif

Looks interesting. I presume it's all single player only. Still checking it out.

It looks like it still depends on mods for: MAP_Misc_Logic, MAP_AirWeapons_Logic, MAP_Misc_LogicHit.

Darn...I loved those MAPFACT vehicles so much I forgot to erase the game logics for them from the mission files...okay fixing and then good night! real sleepy...probably should have waited till tomorrow, but I did say friday...wait...it is tomorrow...

addons required prob should be fixed now...night...zzzzzzzzz

Love it.. had a quick go all seems to work as it used to in the olde days. Shame I have to go out today or I would start work on my conversion. Thanks again for doing this.

I downloaded v1.01 and it still has some OFP_<blabla> marker addon missing.

I downloaded v1.01 and it still has some OFP_<blabla> marker addon missing.

I've been looking around thinking that this might be remnent of the old cti_markers requirement...but I can't spot the error...does it happen at mission init, or during a certain mission? I'll keep looking. THe GDC_xxx is the prefix for all the markers that GDCE uses so it could be just a missing marker that setmarkerpos is trying to call...I'll keep looking...

Looks interesting. I presume it's all single player only. Still checking it out.

It looks like it still depends on mods for: MAP_Misc_Logic, MAP_AirWeapons_Logic, MAP_Misc_LogicHit.

it should be able to be adaptable to multiplayer as a coop...it would be great, as deeper into the mission, a little coordination is needed to take down enemy vehicle support and higher numbers. I looking into making a co-op version after I get this working.

Anyone:

let me know if you have a GDC_markers error or anykind of error. I'll make myself available often over the weekend to cover any problems. Some errors may not show up until deep into the game and there are many mission types that change deeper into the game...thanks.

Just incase you dont know ofp used setmarkerpos and ARMA now uses setmarkerposlocal............

edit:

actually I'm going to leave it alone for now...setmarkerpos is used by ARMA as well, I think local just affects locality in MP missions, so the command on a clients computer won't be broadcast over the network. I don't think the problem is related to that since GDCE is strictly single player.

Glad about your release, shinden1 smile_o.gif

I've just DLed your work, and I'll look at the code. I don't have ArmA installed currently, but when I get it on my machine, I'll surely try it out. Currently playing flight sims...

And nice to see (read) some people from last year, about this time.

This mission is great and I can't wait to see the conversions that will inevitably be made from this. rofl.gif

From the readme:

Quote[/b] ]New squadmembers will have a low random skill level...sometimes even 0...there's nothing I can do to stop you from shooting poorly skilled recruits and getting new ones...

It can be solved. I just never thought someone would exploit on this. It can be made through a "killed" eventhandler. If a squadmate is killed and the killer is the player, he gets court martial or whatever. It would be even better if he kills 2 guys in a relatively short interval, because you could kill a team member accidentally in battle and it would be bad if you would be court martialled for that.

A remark:

You wrote that the AI strength is scalable and depending on the player value level. That is acceptable, because the game starts easy and when you show good results it gets harder.

But IMHO, maybe it would be better to make it dependable on enemy support instead on player value. This way, enemy strength would be mainly reverse than in the first case, but I find this more realistic. When the enemy has high support, it has better equipment and better trained troops. Once you soften it (support drops), in future mission you should see only a faint shadow of the former troops. Just my 5 cents. So you get rewarded for good results with lower enemy resistance.

hi . smile_o.gif

i tried to test the template with DAC enabled. i love this thing !

but i have no sound working. only bullet case droping on the floor.

then i attempted to enable DAC in the demo mission , but without success. black screen , it doesnt start. so i presume dac isn't still functional ?

Nice job on conversion shinden1 and good to also see kutya smile_o.gif

I was big GDCE fan for OFP and lovin that it's on ARMA now. I had problem in my second mission in that once I completed it, I never got an extraction option and I was far to far to walk tounge2.gif

Gotta admit i was using many mods as well. Anybody else encounter this?