Sign in to follow this  
FlyinBullets

The Maxed Out Arma

I was wondering if anybody is able to run this game at absolute max settings, (View distance AA, AF, etc) and still get a reasonable even when in major fights or in large forest areas. Anybody able to do it?

Those without problems on a 8800GTX usually play near the highest settings. (Except view distance i assume).

I can come close to MAX but no, not maxed with reasonable FPS.

<span style='color:brown'>ArmA Settings</span>

<span style='color:olive'>View Distance: 4451

Terrain: High

AA: Medium

AF: Very High

Very High on everything else.</span>

Average FPS in most environments is around 40. It does dip down to 15 FPS with lots of Ai/Air units ( and near North part of Sahrani where there is lots of trees).

<span style='color:brown'>Computer Specs</span>

<span style='color:olive'>Intel Core2Duo e6600 @ 3.02Ghz

2GB's Buffalo Firestix DDR2 @ 1067

eVGA Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB

eVGA 680i Motherboard

Creative Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS

HDD 1: (WindowsXP - OS) WD Raptor 74GB

HDD 2: (Pagefile) WD Raptor 150GB

HDD 3: (FRAPS Drive) WD Raptor 150GB</span>

I would suspect the guys with Quad cores and 8800GTX's can.

spec1thumb.jpg

Large Image Link

As you can see from image, all settings very high and fps 49...never drops below 30's

Can also up the viewdistance quite alot from 2500, but thats what im normally running at.

Running QX6700@2.66Ghz(not clocking yet,standard coolin)

ASUS P5N32-sli Premium

BFG 8800GTX 768Mb

2Gb DDR2@1066Mhz

320Gb SATA2 HD

Windows XP SP2

1500 UKP off Ebay, few months ago...

-Edit-

Sorry for the dodgy image links before

I cant.. yet!

But maybe when this game starts supporting 8800gtx, 64-bit vista and 4Gb of memory. whistle.gif

**img removed by mod**

Large Image Link

As you can see from image, all settings very high and fps 49...never drops below 30's

Can also up the viewdistance quite alot from 2500, but thats what im normally running at.

Running QX6700 with gtx8800

Requires guests to login/register..

Along with "Yes I can", can you post your specs like ArmAVidz, but also how much you spent to get them specs?

Hooah,

Can't actually now sad_o.gif  but could with the demo, everything maxed out, even VD at 10.000. And God, what a beautifull game it was!

G.

I've got everything maxed, with default view distance, 1280x1024.

Rarely drops below 30fps.

Specs in sig if anyone is curious.

Seems my Dell 30in holds me back. Native res is 2560x1600.

It will run max settings at 1280x1024 and lower, but it's a bit distorted (blurry, just a little).

At 1600x1200 is where it gets lots clearer, but max settings will lose fps.

2560x1600 is crispy clear, but not stable with any settings.

Nvidia drivers have bumped it's playability from 1400x1200 to 1920x1200 over the past few months, so maybe 1 day soon they can get the drivers perfected.

Those without problems on a 8800GTX usually play near the highest settings. (Except view distance i assume).

Not here, very low/ normal for me and beciase i have to use maxmem-256 doesnt help one bit ><

I run it Low-Medium.

Only thing i have low is shadows. Oh i also dont play with the Post processing effects, because well i think they suck tounge2.gif

If it wanted it with everything maxed and max view distance with a high res, and able to survive ur FPS in northern sahrani forests. Go buy Alienware - ALX

8800GTX here(now).

Can run everything at very high but leaving Post Processing on low.

Runs "good" up to ~3000m viewdistance, but higher vd is possible when flying.

MfG Lee

If it wanted it with everything maxed and max view distance with a high res, and able to survive ur FPS in northern sahrani forests. Go buy Alienware - ALX

hmm little offtopic but on the site; 2 x 768MB GDDR3 dedicated video memory... Isn't this wrong. I always thought only first card was used for VRAM.. :P

hmm little offtopic but on the site; 2 x 768MB GDDR3 dedicated video memory... Isn't this wrong. I always thought only first card was used for VRAM.. :P

To my understanding in Nvidia SLI the video memory of both cards are used, but the same data is copied to both of the cards, this means that the amount of data that can be stored in the video cards can be no more than what fits into one card.

Don't take my word on it, head over to http://developer.nvidia.com/ and read about it yourself.

I have a 2.67ghz proccessor 3gigs of DDR2 ram and a 320mb DDR2 8800 GTS graphics card with max setting and large combat with no lag what-so-ever (however i installed a messed up external texture render which actually SLOWS DOWN my texture rendering speed and its seemed to have locked up so I'll have to reinstall windows)

This may be a slightly nonsensical remark; but to hear that people with 8800GTX's have 'turn something down' is pretty sad imho.

Quite honestly, it's with a decent processor and an 8800GTX you shouldn't have to turn anything down at all...unless of course you're running a 22inch/32inch LCD or something like it...

huh.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Not here, very low/ normal for me and beciase i have to use maxmem-256 doesnt help one bit ><

Thats why i said 'those without problems' wink_o.gif

Why is it that you can run the demo at such High settings? I just tried the demo again, and realized how high my settigns were. Its almost like the lag just vanishes! rofl.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Me can... everything on Very high or has high as can go with 10000 view distance i get a stable fps (not sure what since i havent booted up fraps yet) but the fps is very stable even in the middle of a forest with lots of units battling around me.

Only problem is the 8800 problems, when they are sorted I might actually enjoy the game biggrin_o.gif

My spec...

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.06ghz

2GB DDRII 800mhz

EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640mb

Windows XP

I also plan on giving an extra umph out of my CPU with a small overclock.

But only problem is I crash quite frequently due to the 8800 problems so when they are fixed I should be running the game at max everything including view distance with no problems.

hmm, nope. High/low @ 1280x1024.

Terrain - very low (to disable the damn grass the a.i. see thru).

Shadders - very low (because high makes bushes/forests kill fps).

Post processing - very low (kills fps and makes the game look blury).

Textures - default (recomended setting for 512+ memory cards, looks the same as high and doesnt seem to do anything though).

View distance - 2500 (i dont like to increase it when flying or in the south and then decrease it in the northern forests, 2500 is the sweet spot and where i have it at all times).

And it can jerk in some places, like when driving thru corazol. I doubt any system will max out Arma since i've read people with quad cpu and SLI setups report bad results.

E6600, 2gig pc6400, 8800 GTX.

I didnt have this in the demo days but i bet the demo version of Sahrani ran better because it was smaller and used less vegetation, buildings and objects.

Its stable, doesnt crash, doesnt corrupt or anything like that.

The infamous LOD bug comes up sometimes in very large/demanding missions (like Evo).

Its all very pretty but i would exchange the pretty textures, grass, HDR, etc for better damage model, better a.i. etc.

In XP: 1280x1024, VD 3000, All Very High. Very smooth and rock stable.

In Vista: 1280x1024, VD 2000, All Normal/Low. Jerky and unstable.

E6600

2G Ram

8800 GTS 640mb

X-Fi

Me can... everything on Very high or has high as can go with 10000 view distance i get a stable fps (not sure what since i havent booted up fraps yet) but the fps is very stable even in the middle of a forest with lots of units battling around me.

Only problem is the 8800 problems, when they are sorted I might actually enjoy the game biggrin_o.gif

My spec...

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.06ghz

2GB DDRII 800mhz

EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640mb

Windows XP

I also plan on giving an extra umph out of my CPU with a small overclock.

But only problem is I crash quite frequently due to the 8800 problems so when they are fixed I should be running the game at max everything including view distance with no problems.

I'm looking to buy almost that exact rig... and just read that the E6850 is OC-able to 4ghz and still stays stable smile_o.gif sweet to hear that that rig actually knows how to handle this game!

I said 'oh well' and sold an old Dell tower of mine a week ago to pay off some bills. For some reason between the time I received the money for it, and me getting to the bank, I ordered a Core2Quad 6600. icon_rolleyes.gif

If I see any hickups after the Core2Quad is installed and OC'd slightly, I'll prolly trash my whole home office and have an aneurysm rofl.gif

I'll update after I get the CPU in and stable. Hopefully, I'll get some good results.

Isn't it a bit useless to buy a Quad for ArmA? It doesn't even support multiplecores.

But you will be able to render a complex scene in 3dsmax much faster than me, heh.

Yep it's not just for ArmA smile_o.gif

I want to get into the modelling, as well as this is the final purchase for my gaming rig for probably another 4 years. Not to mention the Quad owns at video editing.

May as well go big lol