Sign in to follow this  
Fiasco

hackers ruining games

What US servers have active administration or private (but still busy) where you can apply to play on the server?

I'm sick of game after game of coop being ruined by some moron who was just bright enough to find a hack online for ArmA....

[5th SFG].:Ghost:.

That's the moron who has brought down the last two servers I played on....

Fiasco, are you looking for coop or pvp game play?

Why should we/I believe you......

I mean anyone can come here and say anything about anyone.

Maybe proof next time? If theres really any sure proof possible out of the game.....

--------------------------------------------------

Something needs to be done with these cheaters, but I think that there not much anyone can do unless BIS makes some changes to the game, and adds an anti-cheat.

People hack every kind of map. I was witness to what happened as well. I look at that punkbuster topic and don't understand how people can possibly be against an anti-cheat system.

Public games will soon be dead without some response and we'll all have to try and shoehorn ourselves into some ridiculous realism unit or ooober tournament community. While those can be fun in small doses I know I get sick of armchair generals telling me to go pound sand.

Save the pubbies!!

I get sick of armchair generals telling me to go pound sand.

Not all Clans/Communities are like that! wink_o.gif

But locked/passworded servers are safer! smile_o.gif

Today:

Evo hacked

Berzerk hacked

and CTF hacked

On berzerk and ctf was group of this noobs

...it's madness, some kind of plague sad_o.gif

help.gif BIS HELP!! help.gif

when ever im playing i got FRAPS running in the back ready to take screenshots or capture video if need be.

i have also seen and have been victem to these children with too much free time.

the current state of ARMA's MP gaming is at an all time low, and if this trend continues it'll be the death of this great game.

i dont know what BIS is planning or has planned to help this situation, but i hope they do something soon if anything.

its getting so bad that there isnt a single game that i have played online that we havent had a cheater/hacker making a compleat mess of the mission.

these guys select the servers with the most players and by the time they leave, the server empties down to just a few players.

i know quite a few people who would love this game but are put off by the compleat lack of any system to keep these cheaters out.

the only clue as to who may be cheating is if a player has an ID number of 10 digits or more, i have seen up to 12 digits, and these ID numbers are from ID generators. it impossible to keep the cheaters out right now, since if you ban their ID they just come back with a new one and continue from where they left off.

a few months ago it was common to see many servers packed with players, now its rare to see a server with more then 10 players much less any servers with over 20.

i have quite honestly never had a game that was so poorly maintained and protected against cheater in all my years of playing.

its a real shame that things have been let to get to the point it is now, i can see looking back at this game in a few months only to find it categorised as "the greates game that wasnt"

i dont know what the expansion will bring, but if it doesnt deal with this cheater/hacker situation, its going to be a compleat waste of not only our money, but also BIS's money, they have only to loose out on not doing something.

People hack every kind of map.  I was witness to what happened as well.  I look at that punkbuster topic and don't understand how people can possibly be against an anti-cheat system.  

Mate we are NOT against it.

We would all support a hack free server!!

The issue is PB simply does not work.

And when its running it causes lag for a lot of players when its trying to update etc, and other hassels if you have a bad connection to the PB Update server, which seems to be more frequent for more players I have spoken too.

And when its running it causes lag for a lot of players when its trying to update etc, and other hassels if you have a bad connection to the PB Update server, which seems to be more frequent for more players I have spoken too.

This is all true.

But as an admin...I choose to deal with those issues just to keep a few of the cheaters out...and we luv catching the new ones.:) Updates are not that frequent...and on bad days, "pb updating"...I just temporarely disable it.

Not only is there PB, but the PsB (PunkSbusted) system.

It is only used on 13 pc titles and their sub/categories, but there are over 9 million guids tracked, with close to 63,000 bans! Now if you think it causes that much "lag", why is there over 4600 servers using it? Becuase it does help!

Any anti-cheat which does something is going to cause lag, otherwise its doing nothing.

But PB > no PB

PB if implemented would surely compromise the mods and modding community? My experience of PB is confined to BF2 and i only played that pile for a short time, but what i saw and heard of it PB was easily and contiually got around by hackers and the only thing it brought to the game was lag and a criminally long loading time.

Well admined servers are probably the best option at the moment, sadly.

I have seen "ok, no names" get kicked for hacking at least twice now as well.

Allow.txt would kill this game for me.

Having to find servers by low ping, make a list, apply for access to those server, refresh and find they are no longer the low pings, start all over again.... SUCK.

I dont know why naming names here without any proof is allowed here.

Hes innocent untill proven otherwise. For all I know, you just dont like the guy and your coming here to flame him. Or your mistaken on what he was in fact doing in the first place.

In effect your ousting him based on nothing but someones word. Which isnt proof.

Moderators, should remove the name and any other name of accused players untill proof is given to back it up. Also a name alone isnt enough, since anyone can have any name they want. This guy, could have just stolen someone else name, and now your ousting a completely innocent player who had nothing to do with any of it. Now hes going to get kicked/banned from servers because his name was posted here saying he was hacking.

FRAP's video, showing what he doing with NAME + ID in video taken at time is the very least needed.....

I found a solution! Call them a fat nerd and they will leave.... trust me on this. lol

Thanks and have a great day!

awww stop please with that myths that PB kills client side modding ...

if You want to discuss PB see rolling line in my sigh and there is link to huge thread about it ...

Because of all this hackers, cheaters and TKC idiots, i only play offline.

Evolution Single Player is more fun, than an ruined online game session.

Instead of going nuts, caused by that assholes, i relax and play with and against the AI.

ok, i modded my post, no names.

I can't prove he did anything, and don't have vid.

from what I can tell on the cheats, there wouldn't be any vid anyway.

for the record, it did not ruin my game, and I was just touring the entire map in a chopper anyway.

I put the guys name up that was doing it.    Proof or fraps video isn't particularly relevant because nothing would be done about it anyway.     Obviously they will just change their name or generate another ID and get right back in.

I don't play on FullContactWar (Evolution) anymore because it always gets wrecked, 100% gaurenteed.

I now play on the [uSA] =IMO= Public Server (Evolution).    We actually successfully voted an administrator from among the players (Marshall) who did a great job of kicking off trouble starters right out of the gate.    Some of the hackers weren't there to cause trouble but bypass getting rank so they can use all the upgrade weapons without the effort.    

Players called out other players who jumped in vehicles they couldn't possibly have accumulated rank for already and Marshall promptly kicked them off.

We ended up with hours of great teamwork free from teamkillers and base leveling hacker wannabes.

As far as allow lists I'm all for it.   Just have an open public server for people to "earn the right" to get on the private server.

If cheating and game dissruption is going to remain this rampant, I 100% guarentee it will kill ArmA as a multiplayer game relegating it to small servers of "trusted" players and lan parties.

..and about voting

How exactly does it work. Is it a minimum number of votes? A percentage of total players?

Nothing more frustrating then the majority of the players voting to kick a hacker or tker and they remain wrecking the game.