Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Anyone else using TrackIR in Arma

That true view thing looks like exactly what I mean. Thanks Scruffy!

One question though, is it multiplayer friendly? Am i gonna get booted from servers for using stuff like this?

I must be retarded but I took a look at the vids for trueview and it looks exactly like what what my ArmA looks like using TIR - except for the ability to look behind yourself in the Stryker. I watched the youtube ones so maybe I missed some important details but is it essentially the default FOVs that have been slightly changed for each zoom level?

The big thing is it doesnt zoom when you bring up your ironsights. Unless you press the zoom button that is.

Someone else suggested this in another thread and I must thank whoever that was again because it's really made such a difference. I never ever disable the TIR in-game now.

Glad to see that the advice has helped someone.

For information i have posted on the Natural Point forum about the ability to disable tir when the zoom button is pressed. At the moment you can only 'un pause' when a button is pressed. Would be nice to pause it when you zoom. Think this would work even better than precision. I got a positive response from the NP people. So fingers crossed.

Thread on Natural Point forum

For information i have posted on the Natural Point forum about the ability to disable tir when the zoom button is pressed. At the moment you can only 'un pause' when a button is pressed. Would be nice to pause it when you zoom. Think this would work even better than precision. I got a positive response from the NP people. So fingers crossed.

Lol! you did? Because I posted almost the same thing and got fuck-all response. My request was something along the lines of a keypress option to disable/enable custom axes on the fly. Basically, what I wanted was to be able to disable X and Y axes when I press my ironsights key. (could apply to any key & axis/axes).

Anyway, glad to hear you may be on to something.

If it was you suggesting the precision with aiming thing, cheers m8, did the trick for me. The whole issue doesn't bug me nearly so much any more.  wink_o.gif

Just joining in to recomend the TrackIR.

I have had my Tir4 for about a month now and i belive its the coolest thing ever. I think its excellent in helis/planes and groundvehicles, its a bit awkward at first in infantry view but after a while you get used to it. When i tried playing without it was when i realized how imersive it really is.

As for flightsiming (il2/lockon/fsx) it really is a must-have product. Without it feels like sitting in a vehicle with all windows painted black except the forward one.

Yup like others have said, you'll be happy! This is one of THE coolest gaming peripherals ive ever used. It will totally change how you fly and drive in sim games. In fact, I can't fly in ArmA of FS:X now without. Nor can I drive in rFactor either without it. It becomes a natural extension of you in the game. And gives you a advantage over those without it.

I am so used to my trackir now that I often find myself moving my head while playing other games and wondering why nothing happens crazy_o.gif

I got so used to it the field of view in other games feels narrow and turning around with the mouse just to look to the side is really clumsy after an hour of ArmA whistle.gif

I thought I was the only one that did that!!! rofl.gif

I too purchased mine to use with flight sims. When ArmA came out I was amazed at the freedom this gave me in the game. Especially wtih flying. I can't imagine playing without it now. I loaned it to my Dad for a day to try FSX and I felt naked without it. Hands down it is one of the best purchases I have made for my computer. Although I don't use the pro clip, I use the standard clip that most people use with a cap. Since I use a pair of Zalman 5.0 srs headphone, I clip it to the top of the band. It works perfect and never falls off.

Map your zoom/hold breath key (or an undefined key that's easy to reach) to 'precision mode' in your TrackIR software. ...

I dont think that the key-bundling (holdbreath&zoom_in) is so amazing.

The hold-breath-button is only an advantage if you hold it one second. If  you press it longer then it becomes a disadvantage (your breath becomes noisy, you begin to spray/spray & prey).

That means you have for

1. zoom in

2. targeting exactly

3. shooting

just one second.

My system is not so good and with aiming-lags so maybe i am wrong but if a target appears far away from your actual aiming point (extremly right or left) you need more than 1 second to hit this target. I think then you are in trouble with the key-bundling hold-breath&zoom_in&precision-mode.

I hear you woflsblut_ but check it out, the way I see it at least...

For me it's easy enough to aquire a target at most visible ranges without the hold breath/precision using my peripheral vision while in ironsights. So, getting the gunsight into the region of the target is not really a problem. It's in that final second or two where it all counts and where you need the precision, just as if you weren't even using TRackIR (especially if he is facing your direction). For me it really works well and has improved my experience a lot. If, on the other hand, the target is right in front of me facing the opposite direction and I happen to have say, an M249 sighted on him, chances are I won't even bother using 'hold breath'. I'll lean round the corner and let 'im have it! wink_o.gif

Edit: Sorry, I missed an important point. You don't necessarily have to have it mapped to 'hold breath' either. What makes this such a handy thing (or at least something I didn't know about) is the fact that by unchecking the trapping option for the chosen key in the TIR software means that it no longer acts as a toggle. It acts as a 'push to steady head' type control. (if that makes any sense crazy_o.giftounge2.gif )

I'm having problem with my TrackIR. The screen shakes when I try and look left and right. Something needs to be calibrated I think. Not sure what's wrong, any ideas?

Edit: Never mind. Fixed it. Had to reduce the light filtering option

OK, let me know if you have any more issues.....

Nice to see the TIR guys here, keeping up with what going on.

yay.gif

Your company needs to get a secure site for online ordering.

yay.gif

He only posted to bump the thread because it's full of positive testimonials, cheap advertising, he couldn't let it go to waste.

yay.gif

He only posted to bump the thread because it's full of positive testimonials, cheap advertising, he couldn't let it go to waste.

Yay cynicism! icon_rolleyes.gif

yay.gif

Well then I am posting to vouch that

A. TrackIR is a fantastic gadget and brings great immersion to titles that support it.

B. NaturalPoint Vincent on behalf of the company offers a helping hand to a fantastic aftersales service that in my experience is second to none.

As well as helping folks out on the OFFICIAL naturalPoint forums, Vincent can be found keeping an eye out on many other forums where TrackIR supported titles are discussed.

Vincent even helped me out with a Brand new unit from NaturalPoint to replace a problem unit I had purchased from an independant supplier.

Not posted this to kiss some company ass. Just a f.y.i for folks that may be considering purchasing a TrackIR device.

Yay cynicism!  icon_rolleyes.gif

Yay blissful ignorance! icon_rolleyes.gif

It's not cynicism if it's true, it's called RL. Look at the facts. Vincent came from out of nowhere to make a post that amounted to nothing _after_ DeltaOmega533 solved his very simple problem of background light. It was a bump post if ever I saw one, second only to using the word 'bump'.

The incredible amount of technical support provided by NaturalPoint goes over and above most consumer computer hardware companies, however some people think that this support is free, technical support is never free, time costs money and this money has to come from somewhere, in this case it comes from the unit price.

The incredible amount of technical support provided by NaturalPoint goes over and above most consumer computer hardware companies, however some people think that this support is free, technical support is never free, time costs money and this money has to come from somewhere, in this case it comes from the unit price.

Then I know that my money is well spent. It was expencive but I´m very satisfied with it, and the support is good.

Is there a way to completely turn off the zooming in and out as you move forward and back? It seems very sensitive, even after I made a dead zone. I'll be looking around and zooming in and out, which makes it difficult to aim.

Other then the zooming, TrackIR is freaking fantastic!

Sure, you can just disable the z-axis, in the TrackIR software. The profile you will need to edit is the "default" profile, the one assigned by default, if you have changed the autoload profile used for ArmA, then you will need to uncheck the z-axis in that profile.

What is it I need to buy once I have saved up? There is 3 products there.

Hey Jason,

You need to buy the TrackIR Pro:4.  I think that there is a 3 as well.  The other products seem to be peripherals, like an adaptor to hook it to a headset.  You want the little black box that looks like it has spider legs.

You'll also need some type of baseball hat to attach the unit to.

Thank you Vincent! I'll give it a try!