Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Anyone else using TrackIR in Arma

Natural Point are part of, and getting involved in the community, that is great!

I've had to buy lots of stuff for when I go to college in September, and therefore no cash for Track IR. It's on my list though!

As promised i have posted a short video of ArmA with TIR in infantry op mode.

Movie here

TIR Profile here

Full floating zone, no deadbands (except lean). No precision mode. Zoom mapped to right mouse only. Centring action mapped to center mouse button. Distance between hat clip and TIR 64mm (25").

I wish I could call in sick from work today.....I tried using the TrackIR sickness...but the owners wouldn't fall for it.

UPS can never get here early...it's always after 5pm. mad_o.gif

I will be toying around with it over the next few days. xmas_o.gif

Enjoy.......

Must say....it's well worth it. smile_o.gif

Took me an hour to find a proper profile...which was to delete all that came with it and create my own.

It's working perfect on this pc w/Vista64.

Smoking a cig can cause issues...lmao (infra red).

Using TrackIR, now free's up 1 hand for those other fun things in life rofl.gif

I own my TIR 4 Pro for a few days now and it's really GREAT! smile_o.gif

Not only for ArmA but also for flightsims in particular.

The only thing i have to complain about is that little but bugging "zoom/snap in" to front view with the z-axis activated. This is a TIR driver or ArmA bug, isn't it?

Is there a chance to get rid of it? ...without deactivating the z-axis of course. To set a bigger deadzone doesn't work. confused_o.gif

I will run the idea of being able to pause individual axis within the TrackIR software, by the development team and see if we can get it added to a future version of the software.

I just added it to the feature tracking software. It should be added to a future version of the software, just no specific date as to when it will happen...........

Actually, this would be really nice if TIR knew when a scope was used automatically.

I know I ask for alot crazy_o.gif

Actually, this would be really nice if TIR knew when a scope was used automatically.

I know I ask for alot crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

That's why I asked for it...click 'ironsight' and *boom*...Bob's your muvva's bruvva. wink_o.gif

Just thought I'd add that now trackir problems seem to be sorted now. Four hours' soild gaming and no restarts. yay.gif

Big thanks again to Vincent for his awesome customer service.

Just thought I'd add that now trackir problems seem to be sorted now. Four hours' soild gaming and no restarts.  yay.gif

I've yet to need any support, that I didn't find at their forums with simple searching,  but I will repeat..This is a must have gaming adapter,,just as simple as a mouse & keyboard are.

I am now looking to purchase stock in them. xmas_o.gif

Just thought I'd add that now trackir problems seem to be sorted now. Four hours' soild gaming and no restarts.  yay.gif

No issues, glad to help out.

HI All

Finally got Arma installed and am not sure how to set up the TIR in the game. There are a number of TIR options in the keyboard setup. Does anyone have a keyboard list they have found to work with the TIR Pro. Thanks.

Flying kicks ass with it, you can actually know what's going on around you and you can make good approaches to land. Wish you could use it while in a vehicle position like the 50 cal, would be nice to see if youre about to get shot from the side.

Wish you could use it while in a vehicle position like the 50 cal, would be nice to see if youre about to get shot from the side.

If you use the TrueView mod Track IR works with stuff like Hummer turrets, turned out, everything.