Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

...reduced the muzzle smoke...

In regards to the muzzle smoke would it be possible for you to just make the smoke appear instantly at the end of the muzzle and just blow away with the wind etc. without major time consumption/annoyances? That would probably make it the most realistic it can get without going overboard with the scripting with what i said earlier.

Thanks again for your work.

For the 10th time, sparks are reduced in the next version! crazy_o.gif

tounge2.gif

I know they are over done. 5.56 weapons sparks shouldn't be so visible.

Quote[/b] ]

I'm sure you've been told already, but as for the sparks, I see them when my bullets connect with human bodies.

No, you see them when your bullets connect with you're enemies weapons. That is no different to ArmA without the mod. When the bullets hit bodies, there is only blood.

If someone is actually getting sparks from bullets hitting bodies then something is wrong, please show screenshot/video if possible and tell me how to reproduce it (version of ArmA, other mods and so on).

I test with v1.11 of ArmA and sparks/smoke show up from hitting their weapons, not their bodies. Just like vanilla ArmA.

I don't think I'm going to add any more major features, it's almost time to call this little mod finished.

I definitely need to call it finished before the end of May, because I wont be able to do anything for ArmA for a while then.

For the 10th time, sparks are reduced in the next version! crazy_o.gif

tounge2.gif

I know they are over done. 5.56 weapons sparks shouldn't be so visible.

Quote[/b] ]

I'm sure you've been told already, but as for the sparks, I see them when my bullets connect with human bodies.

No, you see them when your bullets connect with you're enemies weapons. That is no different to ArmA without the mod. When the bullets hit bodies, there is only blood.

If someone is actually getting sparks from bullets hitting bodies then something is wrong, please show screenshot/video if possible and tell me how to reproduce it (version of ArmA, other mods and so on).

I test with v1.11 of ArmA and sparks/smoke show up from hitting their weapons, not their bodies. Just like vanilla ArmA.

I don't think I'm going to add any more major features, it's almost time to call this little mod finished.

I definitely need to call it finished before the end of May, because I wont be able to do anything for ArmA for a while then.

MattHOLYDAYS smile_o.gif

please don't abbandon your fan

before you go to the caraibean beach relase the real final version of your creature smile_o.gif

Or you're waiting for the long waited final patch from BIS smile_o.gif

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORKS, and whatch out from sharks hehehe

biggrin_o.gif

Hi Matt ..really lovely this last version smile_o.gif

can you please move a bit the muzzle smoke start few centimeters after the barrell end? now seem the smoke came out from the barrell body.

I hope you undestand what I mean. tounge2.gif

for the rest just thumbs-up.gif

One suggestion, is there a way to add smoke comming from the harrier engine???

Take this vid for example, there is a lot of smoke coming from the engine.. would be good to see it in game. confused_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

hmm maybe as a final before you go into holidays, replace the ARMA -Fog with a custom one... The ones from ECS mod look great btw...

Best Regards, Christian

hmm maybe as a final before you go into holidays, replace the ARMA -Fog with a custom one... The ones from ECS mod look great btw...

Best Regards, Christian

What are the 'ones' from ECS mod.. are you talking about ECS fog or all ECS effects??

P.S Yes the ECS Volumetric Fog is excellant! Fog with ECS isn't just a sight length drop it actually feels like your driving / flying through it biggrin_o.gif Great for the Zombie mods yay.gif

I think I'm getting a strange error while trying to download ArmA_Effects_v0.7.zip, there is no @ArmAEffects mod in the zip file from any mirror I tried to download from.

When I extract the .rar I get no file named "@ArmAEffects". I had your old one, 0.5, for a long time and it worked great. Whats' going on? Thanks...

Just create a folder named @ArmaEffects and place the pbo files in an 'Addon' folder inside it

sorry guys. But 53 pages of this and a search for "TOW" i could not find a reference.

Started removing my mods one at a time to find the culprit.

ArmA Effects was it.

TOW missile when fired has an upward downward wobble. It will miss your target unlike the firing characteristics of TOW without ArmA Effects.

Can anyone else verify this?

sorry guys. But 53 pages of this and a search for "TOW" i could not find a reference.

Started removing my mods one at a time to find the culprit.

ArmA Effects was it.

TOW missile when fired has an upward downward wobble. It will miss your target unlike the firing characteristics of TOW without ArmA Effects.

The only code in ArmA Effects that applies to the TOW:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class M_TOW_AT: MissileBase

{

MatH_FX = "AT";

};

So I doubt it. NonWonderDog's ballistics mod is most likely the culprit. I guess you removed it at the same time?

You can just remove his 'rocketballistics' file and keep the rest to get the TOW working.

Edit: Although I don't think his mod made the TOW worse. At least it doesn't seem any worse to me. The wire guided missiles in ArmA have always been pretty crappy.

So I take back what I said about his mod being the culprit, I think it's just ArmA confused_o.gif

I believe that is the stock TOW behavior. Disable every mod and test and you'll likely see the wobble. People complain about it all the time. You just need to get used to it and fire a bit higher and pull the TOW down to your target.

Or use Mandobles WONDERFUL missile scripts ! The TOW is just amazing and realistic.

[TAO] Kremator

I'm sorry. I should make it clear.

I started removing mods 1 at a time, to identify the mod. then ran only the mod to verify. it was ArmA Effects. Very quick test if you have a mission with a tow Hummv nearby.

I then ran QG by itself and then with the mod for side by side comparison.

I'm sorry. I should make it clear.

I started removing mods 1 at a time, to identify the mod. then ran only the mod to verify. it was ArmA Effects. Very quick test if you have a mission with a tow Hummv nearby.

I then ran QG by itself and then with the mod for side by side comparison.

I just tested it for myself. The TOW did the same thing both with and without the mod. It was only harder to see without the mod because of the large amount of smoke it produces.

Delta99 is right, it's just ArmA.

I admit I only tested with 1.08. Might be fixed with 1.12. But it was night and day, and not just the trailing smoke seen but where the missile impacted.

I'm trying to remember which mod that twirls the TOW on launch, or am i getting confused with Hellfires? God. So much to test.

to Maddmatt

can you give me some help?? where change dust colour of grounds hits and walls hits ?

I would like for myself to change white colour to brown/grey...

//-------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for my haste

i'm just added to all Impact_effect colorCoef_string from tankdust_effect

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">colorCoef[] = {"1 + 0.02 * dustColor", "1 - 0.08 * dustColor", "1 - 0.34 * dustColor", 1};

//very nice effect:p

///-------------------------------------------------------

and do you know where i can change wind speed for clear weather?? (in ca.config speed paramether for weather change only moving speed of clouds) tounge2.gif

was just doing some testing and looked in my rpt file becusae of it. This line was in there, seperated out a fair bit:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">File Matt_ArmAEffects\config.cpp, line 5263: '/CfgCloudletShapes.Matt_Fireball2': Missing ';' at the end of line

I admit I only tested with 1.08. Might be fixed with 1.12. But it was night and day, and not just the trailing smoke seen but where the missile impacted.

I'm trying to remember which mod that twirls the TOW on launch, or am i getting confused with Hellfires? God. So much to test.

Well I've never had much luck with the TOW, with or without mods. NWD's mod seems to make it a bit more stable but it still hits below the target so you need to aim above whatever you want to hit.

I've never had problems with Hellfires though.

to Maddmatt

can you give me some help?? where change dust colour of grounds hits and walls hits ?

I would like for myself to change white colour to brown/grey...

///

and do you know where i can change wind speed for clear weather?? (in ca.config speed paramether for weather change only moving speed of clouds)

All the effects with 'impact' in their class name are parts of various bullet impacts. Except "ImpactEffectsBig", it is for explosives.

I don't know where to alter wind speed. I haven't played around with weather much.

@sprite: I don't remember seeing that error. The mod is binirised so I wonder who it refers to "config.cpp" in the first place. Unless you modified it a bit yourself, or are using another version? If the game still runs after that config error then it wont do any harm.

Edit: Actually, you are running an old version. Delete "Matt_ArmAEffects" The new one is called "MatH_ArmAEffects.

You should read the readme, or even the first post where it's written in bold tounge2.gif

to Maddmatt

thanx for help))

//-------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for my haste

i'm just added to all Impact_effect colorCoef_string from tankdust_effect

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">colorCoef[] = {"1 + 0.02 * dustColor", "1 - 0.08 * dustColor", "1 - 0.34 * dustColor", 1};

//very nice effect tounge2.gif

///-------------------------------------------------------

I thought TOW's were optically wireguided. That means that if the operator kept the reticle on target, that's where the missile hits. Haven't found that to be the case in ArmA.

to Maddmatt

for myself I have made some tweaks of tank_dust, heli_dust, moving_dust// more natural then default// if you plan to continue the next version I can send you this part.....