Sign in to follow this  
Bob.Moore

stupid ladder glitch

yes but i cant move, its just stuck like that i can only climb up and down....i have to kill myself goodnight.gif

The worst ladder bug is when you spend ages climbing up in long ladder, then you reach the top and just fall down.... crazy_o.gif

But its just so annoying because i cant climb up any ladders....NONE!

Guest Ti0n3r

I have that too. Such a retarded bug rofl.gif

I cant get past the 1st mission where you have to climb and snipe a convoy from the water tower. Its either get stuck and get shot or fall to death.. banghead.gif

Try a different stance (ie change or stow weapon) then climb reduces the chances of falling once you reach the top.

There is a few more ladder bugs as well sometimes when getting off a latter when Climbing up or down you will not be able to move once getting off. regetting on the ladder will allow you to get off it normally.

The other bug is go on a roof and crawl, then get on the ladder while you are laying down. About 50% of the time your soldier will get up and sprint forward then magically end up on the ladder the worst part is sometimes the soldier will sprint off a building while doing this

The ladder I know that have this bug is the one with the curving hand rails at the top of the ladder you WILL get stuck on those. The ladders without the curving hand rails I have no problem with.

I hope BiS knows about it and will fix it.

I found a fix to this stuck-on-ladder bug. When you get to the top, go back down a couple of rungs then select "Drop Ladder". You wont actually drop down the ladder, he gets off at the top.

hope this helps, till next patch wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Damn you -=seany=-, I was about to say that yay.gif

Well yeah my brother noticed this stuck-in-ladders bug in ArmA 1.08 too. I hadn't had it before but he started playing the campaign from the start in 1.08 and faced this bug quite early on.

Also another oddity probably still present is that the footprints appear into the ground right below your feet even when you are high up in ladders. It's probably a feature and not a bug, and really has a very very low priority to fix compared to many other things.

Also another oddity probably still present is that the footprints appear into the ground right below your feet even when you are high up in ladders. It's probably a feature and not a bug, and really has a very very low priority to fix compared to many other things.

yeah noticed that, kind of funny looking. not really worth spending time to fix. Makes me wonder though, if you where playing online and you where inside a building on the upper floor, could an enemy (human) detect your presence by ghostly footsteps appearing on the ground floor? huh.gifsmile_o.gif

@ Ti0n3r tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

And who's the hero of the day to report this bug to the bugtracker instead of discussing it in here...?

Cant remember what i did to solve it.. i think i pressed lean and prone and loads of other buttons, if u mash everything u get free it seems :P

Happens in single player missions and campaign too...

i just press prone and the guy will un glitch after that

Nope...stuck in up and down mode...only way is to drop ladder...and drop dead.

I've been able to get unstuck by dropping some/all weapons and inventory.

The worst ladder bug is when you spend ages climbing up in long ladder, then you reach the top and just fall down....  crazy_o.gif

Yes, this is a very annoying thing I found with the ladders. But I think I've found a way around it now.

When you reach the top of the ladder, just tap the forward key until you step 'off' of the ladder, and then move normally again. This seems to stop you from falling. I practiced this technique in the factories, and it seems to work okay for me... wink_o.gif