Sign in to follow this  
catito14

1.08 POOR PERFOMANCE!!! HELP!

Hello, i´m from Argentina and i bought the game from internet. My problem is the following one: The Armed Assault was working perfectly with the version 1.05, when i update the game to the version 1.08, the performance of the game is going under . I was quarrelling in different forums and in the majority of the players the version 1.08 improved the performance, but not to me, in my case the performance are poor in comparison ith the 1.05 version. I do not find which can be the problem and i want to know if you could solve it.

My PC:

-Pentium 4 3 ghz

-1GB RAM

-nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256 mb

- Windows XP

regards

Defrag, get rid of any spyware or malware lurkin in the depths of your pc (try adaware), virus scan, close unwanted apps in the background that you dont need, turn gfx down, turn pagefile off, install latest drivers sound gfx ect, re-install arma, if worst comes to worst re-install xp.

...turn pagefile off...

Why would he want to do that? Best to set page file to 2Gig for that amount of RAM.

Because in this forum ive read somwhere that turning pagefile off increases performance for some ppl! Its worth a try.

Pesonally id never turn off my pagefile. Defraging after the patch did give me a noticeable boost in frame rate. Also, I notice you're using an Nvidia card. Try going into the Nvidia control panel and force Vsync to OFF under the profile for arma.exe. I got an immediate 15fps jump after doing so. And no... I do not have any tearing in the graphics.

Pesonally id never turn off my pagefile.  Defraging after the patch did give me a noticeable boost in frame rate.  Also, I notice you're using an Nvidia card.  Try going into the Nvidia control panel and force Vsync to OFF under the profile for arma.exe.  I got an immediate 15fps jump after doing so.  And no... I do not have any tearing in the graphics.

I dont know where are Vsync, please tell how i can put it to off.

thankss help.gif

Hello, i´m from Argentina and i bought the game from internet. My problem is the following one: The Armed Assault was working perfectly with the version 1.05, when i update the game to the version 1.08, the performance of the game is going under . I was quarrelling in different forums and in the majority of the players the version 1.08 improved the performance, but not to me, in my case the performance are poor in comparison ith the 1.05 version. I do not find which can be the problem and i want to know if you could solve it.

My PC:

-Pentium 4 3 ghz

-1GB RAM

- Windows XP

regards

256MB Vram ?

texture detail = normal "for not lose"

Hello, i´m from Argentina and i bought the game from internet. My problem is the following one: The Armed Assault  was working perfectly with the version 1.05, when i update the game to the version 1.08, the performance of the game is going  under . I was quarrelling in different forums and in the majority of the players the version 1.08 improved the performance, but not to me, in my case the performance are poor in comparison ith the 1.05 version. I do not find which can be the problem and i want to know if you  could solve it.

My PC:

-Pentium 4 3 ghz

-1GB RAM

- Windows XP

regards

256MB Vram ?

texture detail = normal "for not lose"

huh.gif i dont understand

In the video settings, advanced features, or whatever it`s called in you`re version, set the texture detail to normal.

Ah ok, but i put to normal the first time i played, but ther performance still poor in comparison with the 1.05 version. I need put all in LOW and visibility in 1200 to play with 35 FPS in open field. banghead.gif

don't turn off pagefile with 1gb of ram, I've tried it and dosent work, only do it with 2gb. BTW I posted this tweak on forums, and it has done wonders to others including me smile_o.gif

catito14: turn off AA and AF , shadows off aswell. put post processing to low. try the latest 94 drivers.

Ah ok, but i put to normal the first time i played, but ther performance still poor in comparison with the 1.05 version. I need put all in LOW and visibility in 1200 to play with 35 FPS in open field. banghead.gif

Looking at your hardware, I think those settings are about right. You should try setting shading details to very low, that will help your framerate a lot. Perhaps then you can set object, texture and/or terrain details to normal. Like Puma said, turn off Antialiasing and Anisotrophic filtering and perhaps also shadows.

Ok, but that´s not my problem.....i can play the game normally with that settings, but my question(...and problem huh.gif ) is about the low performance of the 1.08 version in comparison wit the 1.05 version in my ArmA. That low performance is not normal, right? ´Cause the 1.05 version works great, all in normal settings.

cheers

well some1 can have a great perf. boost after patching and other 1's performance goes down, It depends of the hardware, drivers(do u have the latest forceware??) etc.

not much to do really, but to tweak the settings some more huh.gifhuh.gif

Try these drivers: 162.15 WinXP.

When I was using older drivers the 1.08 patch caused serious issues with ArmA, updating to newer drivers from Guru3D.com gave me a big improvement.

I see advice like this time and again, and I can't believe that anyone thinks this is a good idea. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT install any drivers from anywhere for any peripheral from any vendor from any place other than a site directly linked from the vendor's site. Anything else is just asking for trouble.

I see advice like this time and again, and I can't believe that anyone thinks this is a good idea. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT install any drivers from anywhere for any peripheral from any vendor from any place other than a site directly linked from the vendor's site. Anything else is just asking for trouble.

That is absolute garbage. These drivers work better for me than what I get from the Nvidia site. If they cause problems, then it is easy to install the older drivers again. If they caused serious problems, then they would be taken off the Guru3D site or had a warning there. You obviously don't know that website.

You can go into their forums and see comments about the drivers before you try them.

and I can't believe that anyone thinks this is a good idea.

That is absolute garbage. These drivers work better for me than what I get from the Nvidia site.

Those drivers work fine for me too. Guru3d is a reputable site and the 162 drivers have worked really well for me.

162.18 for WinXP32bit have just been released, you can get them here. I haven't tested them yet, but I expect them to be pretty much the same as 162.15 for ArmA.

I also will use/test guru of 3D drivers...no worries of them "causing troubles".

When 1.08 came out...I did have to revert back to the WHQL 158.24... but the beta'S from guru3d always give better performance in other apps/games.

I to will test/use these new ones in the next few days (can't for now due to an Evo game I've been in all this week)

I did test the 162.18 a bit. They seem to work well so far smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but ther performance still poor in comparison with the 1.05 version

oh my god ?

1.05 was unplayble for me and many other people

1.08 is best patch, because now game runs fine

patch 1.05 made game totaly unplayble for more than 15-20 minutes !

after some minutes i had no textures in 1.05

i am surpised that there are people with problems after 1.08 bigger than before 1.05

1.05 was one big mistake as 1.07 was CTD generator :/

is this game is insane ?

for many people 1.08 was patch that we waited for since december 2006 when we bought game

i don't know any other such randomPC-trouble software ?

...turn pagefile off...

Why would he want to do that? Best to set page file to 2Gig for that amount of RAM.

because windows is piss poor at managing swap. if the page file is activated your program will use swap and there is nothing you can do about it. unlike linux that wont use swap until you run out of memory.

if you have 2 gigs plus, i recommend enabling the "DisablePaginExecutive" and enable "LargeSystemCache".

the first option prevents the kernel and driver code from being paged to disk, the second one allows windows to utilize more memory to hold shared files like dlls, or commonly read files.

if on xp all you really need to do is disable the pagefile, the above is for windows 2000.

Quote[/b] ]Ok, but that´s not my problem.....i can play the game normally with that settings, but my question(...and problem huh.gif ) is about the low performance of the 1.08 version in comparison wit the 1.05 version in my ArmA. That low performance is not normal, right? ´Cause the 1.05 version works great, all in normal settings.

I had same problem and just to add another possible setting that works and it may seem silly but for me it wasnt.

turn all things on high or vhigh except

view distance 1200-2000

aa disabled

af disabled

post processing low

seems strange but looks like 1.08 has turned most values on there head.

may work for you hope so ,if not file it smile_o.gif

and I can't believe that anyone thinks this is a good idea.

That is absolute garbage. These drivers work better for me than what I get from the Nvidia site.

Those drivers work fine for me too. Guru3d is a reputable site and the 162 drivers have worked really well for me.

Reputable how? Is this an Nvidia approved site for testing betas? If it is, then I'm OK with using drivers located there. If not, then using their drivers is just not a good idea from a security standpoint.