Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: "Pack1"

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Proud to Present to you: 6thSense.eu Pack1</span>

Pack1 exists out of 5 Modules, of which only 1 Addon is required by all: SIX_Misc.

You do not have to use every other included Module, remove any you don't like

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Contents</span></span>

Misc has many many functions, vars and scripts inside. Misc is a required addon for every 6thSense.eu Addon.

Tools Systems for Unit/Group Tracking, Network Services Lite, DeadBody Remover, UI Changes for chatmessages, option to disable all radio-voices, you name it! Even with support for the latest creation of MadDogX (ArmA Anti Cheat!)

You can configure the features of Tools in the SIX_Tools.hpp file,

Blood - OFPEC Blood (Incl. Squirts), SQF Format, enabled for all!

CRDS has been massively improved, now AI also bleeds, sounds are broadcasted over the network in MultiPlayer, better message system etc.

Tracers bugs have been squashed, some code has been refined.

EditorUpdate no changes, just included.

Due to many overlapping functions for CRDS, Tracer and many other 6thSense.eu Addons and Missions, I decided to put the base functions, scripts and variables into a SIX_Misc addon.

The SIX_Misc addon has a framework for hooking new addons and eventhandlers in, and now forms the heart of the 6thSense.eu Addons.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Info</span></span>

<span style='color:BLUE'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Please check the Pack1 Wiki for more info about the Pack,

DOCS, Background, Contents etc. etc.</span></span>

Many of the included features are available client-side, which means that not everyone in an MP-game requires the addon, not even the server.

However, when you wish to make use of the more advanced scripting/functions available in your mission you will need to require the addon (simply add the SIX_Misc_Logic to ur mission, or manually add the "SIX_Misc" to your addons[]= and addonsAuto[]= arrays in mission.sqm)

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Download</span></span>

[*]<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Download Pack1 <span style='color:blue'>v0.4</span></span>

Feedback & Comments as always welcome.

Mmmmmm... nice smile_o.gif

*edit* link not worky?

*edit II* never mind - my fault smile_o.gif

Heya Mate,

Could you please redownload it? Reuploaded at 21:45 CET, I had a wrong version of SIX_Misc inside; Voices weren't working smile_o.gif

Sry for the hassle

Damn Sickboy!

There's do-ers and then there are complainers...

you my friend are a Do-er

nice work biggrin_o.gif

So am I reading you correctly that if I want to use SIX tracers, I need to download some misc stuff and editorupgradeupdate addons as well? (in the same download I know).

So am I reading you correctly that if I want to use SIX tracers, I need to download some misc stuff and editorupgradeupdate addons as well? (in the same download I know).
Ur correct that when you want to get the latest SIX_Tracers release, you will have to download a few kb more than you are used to.

But you only need @SIX_Misc and @SIX_Tracers , if you wish to run the Tracers. So if ur not interested in the others; simply discard those.

Quote[/b] ]Damn Sickboy!

There's do-ers and then there are complainers...

you my friend are a Do-er

nice work biggrin_o.gif

Thanks dude, posts like that keep me going, just finished up 13h straight today LOL, it's addictive wink_o.gif

I would like to see your addon working for every mission/campaign without the hassle of editing every one of them. Is this possible?

I would like to see your addon working for every mission/campaign without the hassle of editing every one of them. Is this possible?
This is 100% Standard functionality built-in, by design mate. That's the power of the Pack.

All initiated through the Uni-EventHandlers of SIX_Misc

Have you checked it or got some issue?

Very nice sir smile_o.gif. I'm still having fun with your AI-M, you really deserve a medal or something =p. See you @ coop night.

Oh no! why did you make it so complicated?

I just want the tracers and now I have to install all this other stuff.

SIX_Misc?? CRCD?? huh.gif

huh.gif?huh.gif??

Now I need MISC for the tracers?

With the MISC in the addon folder, the game wont run. Says I need some setting.hpp or something.

I dont know why you combined all this stuff. Bad move IMO. It over complicates things.

If I could legally pay you monetarily, in admiration and appreciation for your tireless works, I would do just that. Thanks Sickboy.

With the MISC in the addon folder, the game wont run. Says I need some setting.hpp or something.

I dont know why you combined all this stuff. Bad move IMO. It over complicates things.

You don't have to put anything in your addon folder. Just put the @six_misc and @six_tracers in your root Arma directory than add that to your target line.

is this the pack we use in the 6th sense server?

Kind of.

Many of the functions and scripts that are inside Misc, come indeed from the 6thSenseMod. I exported most of the framework from the mod into the Misc, and then included the Pack1 as addons in the 6thSenseMod aswell.

ATM working on the damn sound levels of CRDS, can hear ppl breath from 100m away LOL

@ArmAVidz;

Thanks for the kind words dude

@Zootia;

No you dont need to install all the other stuff. Check the Tracers Readme. Nobody directed you anywhere to move any addons to any folder. The reason why I combined it is written in the first post and Readme's.

But if it really is too over-complicated for some peeps, I have no problem whatsoever to simply write an Installer and include automatic shortcut creation etc... for those who fail to read ReadMe's and what not smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]* 6thSense.eu TracersCfgSP - Enables Tracers for Rifles and allows manual configuration. Only effective in MP

You mean SP? tounge2.gif

Anyway, just downloaded them.

Could you make it possible to customize tracers in MP too? As it is, when I play online the people who are not using this mod are seeing the BIS tracers for everything, so that leaves me at a disadvantage since I can't see their rifle tracers but they can see mine. I like to have some tracers for my rifles, for one it helps when shooting very distant targets with an M16 ACOG, as you can see the bullet drop.

Or (though I can see certain people being against this), could there be tracers for them by default? Such as every 3rd or 5th round.

This is the only issue that bothers me with these tracers, other than this I think they are great. I guess the usual suspects would be against this though confused_o.gif

I guess I could modify the addon myself, but when the addon signing stuff starts being used that could cause some problems.

I wonder, how does VBS2 handle rifle tracers? Does it have any?

6thSense.eu: Pack1 v0.1RC2 Released, details in the firstpost.

Removed ReadMe from first post, much easier to just look at the wiki with direct links to the modules.

@MadMatt

Thanks for the hint on MP-->SP Thingy, resolved wink_o.gif

About the tracers on rifles per 3/5, this has been discussed till death and everyone wanted them off.

Giving you the possibility in SP was a treat of course wink_o.gif

MP is possible but you would need to get the support of the missions/server administrator; the missions should include the SIX_TracersCfg.hpp for configuration. The one thats delivered with the package is already setup for Rifle Tracers wink_o.gif

Also the 6thSenseMod got them also on, when using 6thSenseMod weapons, though I guess that aint really an option in ur case smile_o.gif

I really do not have any problems changing stuff, but it should be the wish of the majority of course.

A strong point is what you mention in MP that others still see BIS tracers... Maybe this is a good point for actually Enabling the Tracers on rifles again, while delivering a "Disable Rifle Tracers in SP" configuration. If I am not mistaken, the guys that complained the hardest on rifle-tracers are those that actually mainly play SP smile_o.gif)

VBS2 prolly has engine support for tracerPer, tracerSize etc. etc. possibly similair to what im doing with the ammo classes aswell as the scripting. In VBS2 the support is probably simply built in the engine.

There are numereous VBS2 tracer videos on youtube but none of course explaining the technical details wink_o.gif

What I meant when I mentioned VBS2 tracers, was how many/if they have tracers for rifles like M16s.

Anyway, I just got an idea that should make both sides happy smile_o.gif

One of ArmAs new scripting commands is difficultyenabled, so you can check whether rifle tracers are enabled in the player's/server's difficulty options. This setting was fixed since 1.08 to work even with the BIS tracers, so it would make things fair (and still controlled server-side) in MP and it will also be easy to toggle for SP.

I just found the command now after a quick look in the wiki. I think it would be great if you got this setting working for your tracers for rifles smile_o.gif

Also, since rifles are not fired at the same rate of MGs, maybe they should be every 3rd round instead of every 5th round.

This is 100% Standard functionality built-in, by design mate. That's the power of the Pack.

All initiated through the Uni-EventHandlers of SIX_Misc

Have you checked it or got some issue?

Thanks for clarifying that.

It works allright. Need some game time to get all the changes included.

Did you tweak the AI somehow?

And will include GroupLinkII in the next update?

And another question: Is it possible to merge all the addons and scripts into ONE modfolder?

And my biggest and deepest wish would be: to have the join AI command ingame...I have a dream!

thx for your work sickboy

one small wish: if you really need to use absolute paths to your config files, would it be possible to use one folder for all configs?

I'm used to manage my addons myself and find it irritating when addons force force me their way. It would be helpful to have only one @six_config folder and be able to sort pbos myself.

Thank you

QuietMan

I'm trying to use the Editor Updater and have extracted it to the folder and added –mod=@SIX_EditorUpdate to my shortcut, but it doesn't seem to work. Any thought on my problem? Thanks.

Great work, sickboy!

I was wondering, for future updates, could you disable the kill messages and scoreboards?

Quote[/b] ]I'm trying to use the Editor Updater and have extracted it to the folder and added –mod=@SIX_EditorUpdate to my shortcut, but it doesn't seem to work. Any thought on my problem? Thanks.
Heya!

You copied the @SIX_EditorUpdate folder, into your ArmA Folder?

After that, you added -mod=@SIX_EditorUpdate to your ArmA shortcut? Is it the only -mod= in your shortcut? If you have multiple mods you must add them under 1 -mod directive like: -mod=@SIX_Misc;@SIX_CRDS;@SIX_Tracers;@SIX_EditorUpdate

When the EditorUpdate works, you should be able to see the Editor Groups (on Side: Empty):

#Buildings

#Objects

#Ruins

To get to side Empty, first place a unit on the map that is a Player or a Playable Unit. After you've done that you should be able to pick the Empty side.

Thanks for clarifying that.
NP biggrin_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]And another question: Is it possible to merge all the addons and scripts into ONE modfolder?
Quote[/b] ]one small wish: if you really need to use absolute paths to your config files, would it be possible to use one folder for all configs?

I'm used to manage my addons myself and find it irritating when addons force force me their way. It would be helpful to have only one @six_config folder and be able to sort pbos myself.

Heya, I will think about your idea, not bad but it needs some consideration smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Did you tweak the AI somehow?
Nope
Quote[/b] ]And will include GroupLinkII in the next update?
Nope, my AI-M Project (See sig) is a seperate project. When it's further evolved there are possibilities I will make an addon from it and hook it into the the Misc, but I will first have to finish v0.2 and 3 of AI-M before such step can be taken.
Quote[/b] ]to have the join AI command ingame...I have a dream!
Such features will be built into the 6thSenseMod (Check sig). Such feature might be put in a module and added to the Pack1, but I think it's important that such feature in an MP game would be available to all which would mean that such feature could be part of an addon that would be required by everyone to have. Future possibilities.
Quote[/b] ]I was wondering, for future updates, could you disable the kill messages and scoreboards?
Disabling Kill Messages is a possibility altough it requires to edit the games bin.pbo, which would mean that the mod requires updating anytime BIS would release a patch. Also, it only disables your kill messages but if anyone else makes a kill message, you still receive it. These kinds of features are better used inside a full mod, like 6thSenseMod (see sig), where all players on those servers are required to have the mod, so there is a controlled environment.

Scoreboard disabling is a possibility too, but it would then be a feature that one can turn on or off... Not much unlike simply unbinding the key from ur keyboard or simply not pressing the key. The addons atm are built in a manner that the systems can be used even in MP environments where the server doesn't have the addon, or where other clients don't have the addon. Which means that others will still see the scoreboard, so same counts for this feature as the Kill Messages; You need a server Requiring such mod and then you would be better off with 6thSenseMod or equilevant smile_o.gif

Is there some hardcoded @SIX_blabla\ settings in effect?

If so thats not so good idea, at least I'm not putting addons into other paths than my preferred method (which is not in ArmA root under @ sign).

Is there some hardcoded @SIX_blabla\ settings in effect?

If so thats not so good idea, at least I'm not putting addons into other paths than my preferred method (which is not in ArmA root under @ sign).

There is no other way (that I know about) to be able to change settings... without pbo'ing and depboing smile_o.gif

An alternative would be that the SIX_Settings.hpp file will be put in the ArmA root folder or other kind of default ArmA folder, let me know if you have any suggestion

BTW, this is nothing new, practiced by for example ECP and WGL...

Ok after playing some missions in SP with you addon I must say it's nice to have real tracers and CRDS ingame.

But there is one major letdown: namely the save game bug!

I could not start several times the missions played in SP when playing it with this mod. The BIS mission 09 commander i.e. when saving and then trying to continue it crashes and saying something like: could not load the contiue file.

sad_o.gif