Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: "Pack1"

Ok after playing some missions in SP with you addon I must say it's nice to have real tracers and CRDS ingame.

But there is one major letdown: namely the save game bug!

I could not start several times the missions played in SP when playing it with this mod. The BIS mission 09 commander i.e. when saving and then trying to continue it crashes and saying something like: could not load the contiue file.

sad_o.gif

Ai... Single Player is not my game mate, but I will surely look into it for you, thanks for the report!

I'm happy you like Tracers & CRDS smile_o.gif

The sounds in CRDS are kinda unbalanced and too loud in many cases still, I will tune them altough I really hate toying with the sounds lol smile_o.gif

Why oh why is it so hard to find some helping hands hehe smile_o.gif

Sickboy: You not considering my idea in my previous post? The one about the difficultyenabled command. smile_o.gif

That way it's just a setting in the ArmA difficulty options, and also server-side.

Sickboy: You not considering my idea in my previous post? The one about the difficultyenabled command. smile_o.gif

That way it's just a setting in the ArmA difficulty options, and also server-side.

I am mate, I am, just forgot to respond to you mate, thanks for the suggestion!

I am mate, I am, just forgot to respond to you mate, thanks for the suggestion!

Alright, good to hear smile_o.gif

Moved and edited as requested. smile_o.gif

@sickboy

After toying around with the addons included in the pack I think I found what causes the save game bug in single player:

it has to be the @SIX_CRDS folder

Since I left it out in the last tries and didn't have any probs with loading the saved missions, when using only @SIX_Tracers, @SIX_Misc and @SIX_EditorUpdate.

So it is something with the CRDS system that causes the crash of the continue file.

Please have a look into it.

PS. Still I'm happy I can use the Tracers and Markers.

Are there any other functions included in this pack that are not so obvious?

Ok, took a lot of suggestions into consideration though still pending are:

[*] Default Rifle Tracer Settings (E.g. through difficultyEnabled etc)

Proud to present to you: 6thSense.eu "Pack1": v0.1RC3

Changes RC3

SIX_CRDS

[*]Lowered volumes once again :-)

SIX_Misc

[*]Fixing some issues with player checks

[*]Renewed config settings system

[*]Thrown away the @SIX_Misc folder dependency, settings file is now located in your ArmA\dta folder

[*]Probably resolved some issues with JIP etc, possibly fixing some Tracers-not-being-enabled bugs

SIX_Tracers

[*]Thrown away the @SIX_TracersCfgSP folder dependency, settings file is now located in your ArmA\dta folder

[*] You can now also place the addons into any other modfolder to your likings.. just make sure the dta folder has the .hpp files

Download v0.1RC3 Here

I hope that the change in dependency (Removing the need for the @SIX_Misc and TracersCfgSP folders) is as wished for. As the configuration files are now located in the ArmA\dta folder.

@Kroky, ty for the info mate, please let me know if the new versions change anything.

For info on SIX_Misc functions, you could check the wiki:

http://trac.6thsense.eu:800/arma/trac/wiki/6thSense.eu-Misc

The documentation is horrible atm... hope to have some time for it soon

Moved and edited as requested.
Thanks mate notworthy.gif

i have installed it correctly with @six_misc in the main directory and @six_tracers then the six_tracers.hpp and six_misc.hpp in the dta directory and still i get "six_tracers.hpp not found" does anybody else have this problem?

And is there a solution?

yes me too

I get an error telling me:

Include fiel @6thSenseMod\SIX_Tracers.hpp not found

Seems to be some wrong path.

Please fix this sickboy

i have installed it correctly with @six_misc in the main directory and @six_tracers then the six_tracers.hpp and six_misc.hpp in the dta directory and still i get "six_tracers.hpp not found" does anybody else have this problem?

And is there a solution?

Sry mate, my screw up... please redownload the package, SIX_Tracers was fixed wink_o.gif

And is there a solution?

Sry mate, my screw up... please redownload the package, SIX_Tracers was fixed wink_o.gif

Thx mate now it works

Yes it works now, but only if you use the exact names of the modfolder that come with the package.

You can't put the .pbo's in any modfolder, as you posted above sickboy.

Will check if the savegame bug is still there.

Yes it works now, but only if you use the exact names of the modfolder that come with the package.

You can't put the .pbo's in any modfolder, as you posted above sickboy.

Will check if the savegame bug is still there.

Pretty Weird dude, I have here the following setup:

Inside the ArmA folder I made another folder: @SIX_Test

inside a folder: Addons

So: ArmA\@SIX_Test\Addons

Inside I have the following files:

SIX_CRDS.pbo

SIX_Misc.pbo

SIX_Tracers.pbo

Inside the ArmA\Dta folder I have the following files:

SIX_Misc.hpp

SIX_Tracers.hpp

and some original BIS pbo's etc.

ArmA Shortcut Reads: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA.exe" -mod=@SIX_Test

runs like a charm mate.

Tracers flying around, dammage, breathing.. the whole lot.

Make sure you don't have any old versions laying around in any of ur addon folders. So make sure you have from the updated package all the pbos.

The config files should simply remain in the ArmA\DTA folder at all times.

What's ur error or result?

Ok mate, about the modfolder it was somehow my fault, because now I created a @SIX modfolder with Addons folder inside and it works now. Sorry!

The savegame bug is still there. Something with CRDS I guess.

Although it's weird, because in some other missions I could load the savegame even when CRDS enabled.

tested it with 2 BIS missions:

- Sanitizing operation (no savegame loading probs)

- Commander (crashes, and tells me could not load

Blabla\Arma Other Profiles\blabla\missions\Continue.ArmaSave)

When installing only SIX_Tracers from the pack (the @SIX_Tracers folder and the Dta folder), I get this error when running ArmA:

Addon 'SIX_Tracers' requires addon 'SIX_Misc'

Is SIX_Misc now required to use SIX_Tracers?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read that SIX_Misc is indeed required to run SIX_Tracers. Is there a possibility of releasing only SIX_Tracers by itself?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read that SIX_Misc is indeed required to run SIX_Tracers. Is there a possibility of releasing only SIX_Tracers by itself?
No, and there is no real reason why it should be a problem for you. (Or is there, hehe smile_o.gif)

If you wish, you can throw SIX_Misc.pbo and SIX_Tracers.pbo where-ever you want, you dont need to have 10 different mod folders, 2 or 1 mod folder is fine too wink_o.gif

If there are features standard enabled in SIX_Misc that you don't like or need, you can disable them in SIX_Misc.hpp.

There are many reasons why I made the SIX_Misc, one of them is to have a central management for 6thSense.eu Addons EventHandlers.

Which is needed cause otherwise only 1 6thSense.eu Addon could 'automaticly' work at a time smile_o.gif

@sickboy

can report that the "SIX pack" works great in SP" except the CRDS system. I played (without CRDS) several missions and it works great with the Tracers, Markers and new HUD icons.

Maybe you will find out how to get CRDS savegame bug-free?

@sickboy

can report that the "SIX pack" works great in SP" except the CRDS system. I played (without CRDS) several missions and it works great with the Tracers, Markers and new HUD icons.

Maybe you will find out how to get CRDS savegame bug-free?

I'm happy to read that the systems are generally working fine smile_o.gif

If you have any suggestions whatsoever, please let me know, i'm eager to expand and improve :-)

About the CRDS-Savegame bug, as replied earlier, I will look into it.

After having a look at the SIX_Misc addon, I see it enables dead body removal and the markers that track groups by default, as well as add other stuff I don't want.

Could you please make a stand-alone version of the tracers?

When I play clan games online I don't want to have extra markers to sift through, and the other features are no use to me either. Besides, we already have our own marker addon which adds a select few markers for our purposes. I don't want to accidentally add a marker that other people don't have. Also, sifting through markers wastes time.

Dead body removal is something that I think should be up to the mission editor, and not all missions need it. Besides, it takes a massive amount of bodies to cause lag in ArmA.

I really like these tracers, I don't want to go back to playing with the default ones. But I don't want any of the other features the mod adds.

I want these purely as a visual replacement for the default tracers (also why I would prefer to use the difficulty settings in ArmA to toggle rifle tracers instead of having an external text file). I still want it to be fair in MP where everyone will either see rifle tracers or not depending on the difficulty setting of the server.

So, please make a stand alone version of this great mod.

Besides that, I see no other issues with the tracers.

Thanks for the feedback mate.

I will take it further into consideration, but it will probably be about disabling the markers and marker system by default while ppl can still enable it, if they want it.

As you got a very good point on the "not place markers others cant see"

The external text files are to have a fully configurable SP experience. Even though ur not interested in it, many people are.

I also have more plans for it in the future smile_o.gif

I dont like the idea of delivering 2 different versions, which doesn't rule out the possiblity though...

About the body remover, I should not have enabled it by default. I had the functionality in my 6thSenseMod, started to move the functionality out of the mod into the Misc (Which I did with most of the features biggrin_o.gif), and then kinda left it at that.

After having a look at the SIX_Misc addon, I see it enables dead body removal and the markers that track groups by default, as well as add other stuff I don't want.

Could you please make a stand-alone version of the tracers?

This is aimed for Sickboy but I just quoted the information. I have yet to try out the new SIX_Misc'ed version of the tracers so I dont know personally... but if the above is true, then again I have to voice my opinion that it is not what I want.

Sickboy, it appears that more and more people voice their opinion after the tracers go into this misc thing... perhaps you really should consider taking them standalone, if you like misc and stuff, it does not necessarily mean others like it too. You are restricting the addon freedom here by chaining the tracers into all kinds of body removals and markers (which I had no idea before). Of course default settings to the mentioned stuff in "OFF" mode would do the trick also.

Again, just my opinion huh.gif

Edited my post a lil, bad state of mind atm and that was readable smile_o.gif)

This is aimed for Sickboy but I just quoted the information. I have yet to try out the new SIX_Misc'ed version of the tracers so I dont know personally... but if the above is true, then again I have to voice my opinion that it is not what I want.

Sickboy, it appears that more and more people voice their opinion after the tracers go into this misc thing... perhaps you really should consider taking them standalone, if you like misc and stuff, it does not necessarily mean others like it too. You are restricting the addon freedom here by chaining the tracers into all kinds of body removals and markers (which I had no idea before). Of course default settings to the mentioned stuff in "OFF" mode would do the trick also.

Again, just my opinion huh.gif

I know that there's 3 guys that have brought up some about it.

Of course I understand your POV and Matts, and indeed enabling certain features which should maybe not be enabled by default is a very strong point and I also agree on it.

I have done many things to make the users happy users of the pack etc, I will continue to do so but I still dictate my own vision, not others.

I have my good reasons why to take this way, I also explained it a bit.

Below are some of my points:

My main points that oppose creating an alternative version:

[*] Confusing. E.g; Do I have the version with configuration ability/six_misc dependency or do I have the version without it.

[*] It requires me to maintain 2 different packages

[*] The alternate version is not needed, especially not when I disable the additional functionality that is default enabled at this time. In such case, there is no bother for the user to have a SIX_Misc.pbo next to the SIX_Tracers.pbo, and a SIX_Misc and Tracers.hpp config file, which are already located in default ArmA folders to drop the "Specific folder name requirement".

To my opinion, if a product CAN deliver much functionality IF the user wants, it's a good thing. Also my guess is that the chances that one would use or try such functionality are a lot bigger when the functionality is already onboard.

Pro Points for having the Misc Dependency

[*] Central place where I can manage the EventHandlers, which is very much needed in case of multiple 6thSense.eu Addons aswell as future addons. Even though you might not use more than 1 at a time ATM, doesn't mean that others will not or yourself not in the future

[*] The Misc provides a base set of functions and scripts, pre initialized variables etc. etc. There is no need to duplicate functions and logics to each and every SIX addon that comes out, I kinda had it with 20 addons that all do the same basic calculations and logic while it could simply be resolved to have 1 base system in which can be hooked in. Besides it kinda "asks" to be built upon and used.

[*] The Misc will be expanded and refined in the future, and used by more of my Projects, which makes it kind of easy that it's already required by an addon that might become heavily used, Tracers im refering to.

Size aint the issue, performance neither... There is a small overhead if you only use 1 6thSense.eu Addon. This overhead disappears when you use the rest too.

Mapfact choppers require mapfact misc, hell, I think nearly all of their OFP Addons did too. I dont see anyone making a big deal out of it.

Maybe that's my punishment for first releasing a standalone version... (And being an ass to enable certain features by default biggrin_o.gif)

If anyone has ideas on improving or changes that would be beneficial like default disabling of certain features... I am all ears.

Just thought about methods that leave other script parts and functions dorment until they would be needed; which in my opinion should satisfy those that are afraid of a couple of extra functions etc.

[*] The alternate version is not needed, especially not when I disable the additional functionality that is default enabled at this time. In such case, there is no bother for the user to have a SIX_Misc.pbo next to the SIX_Tracers.pbo, and a SIX_Misc and Tracers.hpp config file, which are already located in default ArmA folders to drop the "Specific folder name requirement".

As I've already suggested, having rifle tracers set in the ArmA difficulty options removes the need for the *.hpp file, and there are the other points I've mentioned. I'm gonna keep bugging you about this until it happens tounge2.gif

The main reason I want this is because it will be more fair in MP, currently everyone who isn't using the mod is still able to see rifle tracers when I can't, makes me easier to spot for them while I find it harder to see them.

If all the changes that the misc addon does are disabled by default, then I guess it is no big deal.

Things like the tracking markers and dead body removal seem like something that should be specific to a mission, not part of a mod.

Anyway, I still enjoy having these tracers and the Modwar sounds together. It improves the atmosphere in ArmA so much.