Sign in to follow this  
tpM

T-90

So if a Frenchman, a German or a Canadian fires the same round from the same gun at the same target he can expect it to behave differently?

Since when did the German and the French use the same gun/ammo? The French Leclerc uses CN120-26 120mm smoothbore cannon, firing customized French rounds. The Canadians only recently bought surplus Leo 2s, and only a handful of them were of the 2A6 type (with L55 guns).

Thus, your statement is incorrect because none of the countries you listed used exactly the same gun or the same type of ammunition.

I would think you are firing the wrong type of munition to defeat the armour type. You should be firing HESH.

What? HESH rounds typically have extremely slow muzzle velocities - something on the order of sub-1000m/s, IIRC. If you're gonna be firing HESH rounds, what's the point of upgrading to an L55 gun? Your HESH rounds don't even need all that extra muzzle velocity.

If the Brits upgraded their Chally 2s with L55 cannon just to shoot HESH rounds, then that's a waste of money. Nobody else in the world uses HESH rounds to attack T80/90 threats.

Just a thought - but perhaps you got it wrong, and people don't actually use HESH rounds to attack frontline MBTs?  whistle.gif

Ok then, allow me to rephrase,

So if a German or a Briton fires the same round from the same gun at the same target he can expect it to behave differently?

Does that make your point anymore correct?

What difference does the gun size make, when you are firing the wrong ammunition type vs the armour?

Nobody else in the world using HESH rounds to attack T80/T90's?

Nobody in the world has attacked any T80's or T90's at all. (However a few nations in the world have designed tanks specifically with this purpose in mind).

All we have to go in is field trials, and other nations of the world's tanks did participate next to the British in these trials. Abrams included.

I don't suggest that the British upgraded to the L55 to shoot HESH rounds, I merely suggest that when you are comparing Sabot rounds effectiveness vs reactive armour, you are ignoring that in modern tanks, sabot rounds are not used against reactive armour.

This is a weapon system. Sabot is not the only thing it fires.

Reactive armour is the evolutionary counter to the sabot round. Any nation that intends to use sabot against it is a nation of idiots.

The Abrams gun is smaller and it's ammunition is not designed to counter reactive armour at all.

It's last gen. Current generation tanks have opted for larger and more modern weapons systems.

Other NATO tank designs are also prefferring larger and newer weapon systems, none of them are "upgrading" to the Abrams system. I wonder why?

wtf are you talking about? O.o

tank vs. tank battle is mostly about armor piercing rounds(with kinetic energy)-small, but sharp tubes which can travel at over 1400m/s speeds and cut through armor by using it's kinetic energy.

if 120mm smoothbore guns used same rounds, all round's characteristic would be different depending on which guns you compared, but 120mm smoothbore guns are not the same and you can't use same ammo for every gun made in U.K., U.S., Germany etc.

Yes reactive armor is in it's new era to counter not only heat rounds, but to counter armor piercing rounds aswell.

Depleeted Uranium rounds are very good in their parameters, like 3rd gen. DU rounds made by U.S., but thing is, they use them everywhere, on any teritory they are fighting dirty war, while Russian tanks don't use DU rounds, but performances are not far from those dirty rounds. Eh i would love to see U.S. not using DU rounds, then Russian tanks would be unbeatable.

P.S. newest T-90 looks

Thanks for the Wireframes tpM_91, the renders are great too, Im looking forwards to this beast being on my HD!

I hope this sets the future standard of ArmA addons.

wtf are you talking about? O.o

tank vs. tank battle is mostly about armor piercing rounds(with kinetic energy)-small, but sharp tubes which can travel at over 1400m/s speeds and cut through armor by using it's kinetic energy.

if 120mm smoothbore guns used same rounds, all round's characteristic would be different depending on which guns you compared, but 120mm smoothbore guns are not the same and you can't use same ammo for every gun made in U.K., U.S., Germany etc.

Yes reactive armor is in it's new era to counter not only heat rounds, but to counter armor piercing rounds aswell.

Depleeted Uranium rounds are very good in their parameters, like 3rd gen. DU rounds made by U.S., but thing is, they use them everywhere, on any teritory they are fighting dirty war, while Russian tanks don't use DU rounds, but performances are not far from those dirty rounds. Eh i would love to see U.S. not using DU rounds, then Russian tanks would be unbeatable.

P.S. newest T-90 looks

Gedis, whatever, I've already given up. I think this statement "Reactive armour is the evolutionary counter to the sabot round. Any nation that intends to use sabot against it is a nation of idiots," correctly sums up how uninformed baff is at armor combat.

BTW, to everyone in the U.S., Western Europe, Canada, Australia and most of the Western world, Baff just called your nations a bunch of idiots.

Gee, despite responding a MONTH after (I mean, you'd think he'd just drop it), the guy still has no idea what he's talking about.

that's 100% right wink_o.gif he has no idea about armor nor about rounds... whatever!

Just now my brother showed to me that older T-90s had a different/weaker turret, that weaker turret armor is for export version of tank - T-90S. On my previous post i gave the newest T-90 version, which is for Russian army. I can't state that it's called T-90M Vladimir(not Putin's name, but tank's designer, who died 1 day before 1st 3 T-90S were brought to India for testing, even before production) because there are only few sources to claim that. And who knows what more advantages and features has none export version for Russian army.

Will this MBT have realistic a FCS? or will is just be another BIS clone?

In any case you should have a look here for accurate data pluss optics etc.

http://66.249.91.104/transla....&u=http

Some pages on this site are down ATM though.

stunning work mate, damn thats what was missing Arma, a powerfull T-90 ready to kick some M1 Ass :P

i LOVEEE U, would u marry me? inlove.gif

to show what i mean about T-90S weaker/older turret, have a look at this:

Turret evolution

T-90 called there is a T-90S in reality, but T-90A is T-90M(there is a confusion is it A or M, sure is that it's best and none export version)

@opteryx.

proper FCS is a NEED to this addon, but that site's info is a bit old... you know there is TPN-4, etc. At least not only I care about it...  wink_o.gif

P.S. find as much diferences between T-90 and Object 187, i can tell only one: T-90's 2A46M vs. Object's 187 2A66  whistle.gif

read more about it here(if you understand russian) realy interesting to read and i found that it's best tank of 3rd generation, it means better than abrams, leaopard, challenger modifications, hm... thumbs-up.gif

Shouldn't this tank have big red light thingy's on the front...look like searchlights on each side of the barrel.IR sensors I think they are???Or is that a variant?

Man what an excellant site!!...too bad it doesn't have an english translation.With the amount of info and photos ,I'd bet we could build the inside of these tanks in 3dmax and make panels in our commander and gunner views.

sweeeet, i hope it has textures for inside... miss that huh.gif

Hehe...well...that thermal shroud thing will sure save some detail modeling...just cover the whole dame thing up.haha.

Very nice.In game ,how powerful will it be?Will it equal the abrams?Be worse?Be better?...This looks impressive.Can't wait to download it.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Our mini-campaign tournament starts in a few weeks.

I hope we can have even a beta of the T-90 sometime before then so our Russians will feel like they can equal the M1A1.

I'm not trying to put a rush but just know you have live-fire as close real-world beta test team of ~40 (20vs20) standing by.

Man what an excellant site!!...too bad it doesn't have an english translation.With the amount of info and photos ,I'd bet we could build the inside of these tanks in 3dmax and make panels in our commander and gunner views.

You can run it through Google translator with a fairly decent translation. smile_o.gif

Wave is busy with real life :|

This sould've been in it instead of the old one, to even up to the M1A1.

Can't wait anyhoo..

rofl.gif

i dont thin that M1A1 or even A2 can battle a T-90 even the Leopard 2 is not that good!

I'm closing this until there is progress again, please someone PM me then to reopen this.