Sign in to follow this  
heliosjet

Patch 1.08 doesn't boot thread

It is ok to ban us all if you like but all we ask is we get an official response at least from somebody. Hearing nothing makes people so angry and frustrated.

How do you think we all feel right now? having forked out $80 Aussie dollars myself to not play a game Woo good fun.

Even had a fresh install of XP on a brand new HD and it still wouldn't work, bloody rediculous.

Are you getting an error message or does it simply not boot up?

It is ok to ban us all if you like but all we ask is we get an official response at least from somebody. Hearing nothing makes people so angry and frustrated.

How do you think we all feel right now? having forked out $80 Aussie dollars myself to not play a game Woo good fun.

Even had a fresh install of XP on a brand new HD and it still wouldn't work, bloody rediculous.

It simply does not boot at all. The DVD spins in the drive for a couple of seconds and then nothing, no error or anything.

It simply does not boot at all. The DVD spins in the drive for a couple of seconds and then nothing, no error or anything.

Yeah roger that...

There were quite a few members on our server that had the exact same issue. These ranged from Aussies to Kiwis, those in Germany the UK, and a few of us Yanks as well. First and foremost, the vast majority of us are old-school OFPer's/gamers in general, and normally know how to download and install the proper patches. However, a few of us failed to do so "properly".

Even though it appears to be a SecuROM issue, I'll run through the various troubleshooting issues I directed toward our guys that seemed to fix said issue.

Reinstall the game. On top of that, apply the same patch as associated with your version i.e., if you have the 1.04 version install the 1.05 patch first, followed by the 1.08 patch. This option seemed to work for most.

Download, install, and run CCleaner followed by a defrag. But as it seems, you've already formatted your HD and reinstalled your OS... so no need.

Download and install the latest version of DirectX 9.0c (June 2007 update). Odd as it seems, it worked for a few so go figure. crazy_o.gif

http://www.microsoft.com/downloa....oryid=2

Thanks for your help although I have already tried those things including some of them several times.

I was sure the formatted HD with a fresh XP install along with fresh Arma 104 updated to 105 and then 108 would have worked for sure but it did not.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions, one day we might hit upon a fix but this hit and miss thing is getting hard to handle. sad_o.gif

Thanks for your help although I have already tried those things including some of them several times.

I was sure the formatted HD with a fresh XP install along with fresh Arma 104 updated to 105 and then 108 would have worked for sure but it did not.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions, one day we might hit upon a fix but this hit and miss thing is getting hard to handle. sad_o.gif

I'm sorry... I really am.

I still can't believe a fresh install of XP didn't cure your woes, mate. Rather odd... Bodgy quality of a patch if you ask me.

Well I have another email from Securerom and this sounds promising, well it is the most promising thing I have seen to date.

"Hello.

Thank you for your email. We know about the problem and our programers are doing there best to solve it and we will come back to you as soon as we got a solution from them.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team"

So there you have it, They know about the problem.

Installed a new hard drive... Clean install... MInimal drivers no Anti-Virus. And same problem. NOT RUNNING.

I completely exclude any problem in my old hardrive system.

New System nothing installed and no game and no error.

1.04 505 dvd -> 105 International -> 108 crap.

If they can´t solve it will not be able to play last version.

I will not up-grade to vista because of a game and will not switch my computer since it works well in other games I play.

POOR JOB... Secure...

Installed a new hard drive... Clean install... MInimal drivers no Anti-Virus. And same problem. NOT RUNNING.

I completely exclude any problem in my old hardrive system.

New System nothing installed and no game and no error.

1.04 505 dvd -> 105 International -> 108 crap.

If they can´t solve it will not be able to play last version.

I will not up-grade to vista because of a game and will not switch my computer since it works well in other games I play.

POOR JOB... Secure...

Upgrading to Vista would be a step in the wrong direction anyway. Better stick with the devil you know wink_o.gif .

As for the DVD drive problems, I guess it's beyond question now: It's caused by SecuRom. Hopefully they will be a bit faster than AMD/ATI when it comes to fixing the problem. It's a bad sign when a copy protection method renders a game totally unplayable for so many people.

Almost makes me glad I have the StarForce protected version.... woohoo.... confused_o.gif

Here is a copy of a mail I sent Securom:

Quote[/b] ]Hello

This is just to reitarate what people are discussing on the Bohemia Interactive forums, that Armed Assault with the 1.08 patch refuses to boot.

It appears in the task manager for 2 seconds then stops.

All other apps and games work fine, and I dont run any

emulator software.

I hope the info i am providing can be of use in resolving the issue.

I have included my analysis file in the attachment.

I recently upgraded my hardware to:

AMD Athalon 64 X2 6000+

ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE + latest bios 1004

2048 DDR2 Corsair PC2-6400 (400MHz)

NV8800GTS 320 + 158.22_forceware_winxp_international_whql

WinXP SP2

1.08 was working perfectly fine on my previous setup:

AMD Athalon 64 3200+

Winfast NF4UK8AA

2048 DDR Corsair PC2-6400 (400MHz)

NV6600GT 128 + 94.24_forceware_winxp_international_whql

WinXP SP2

Heres hoping a fix can be found

So far I have only had the default acknowledgement mail back:

Quote[/b] ]

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. We have consulted our programers about your

case. We will come back to you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and hope to have a resolution soon.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team

SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com

or via e-mail: support@securom.com

*** Please include the subject line exactly as written above including

your

ticket number in all communications to ensure proper handling ***

I'm going to try the reinstall, registry clean and defrag then stage by stage patching as suggested earlier. Will let any successes be known.

E

From securom today:

Quote[/b] ]

Hello,

We are really sorry that you're issue has not been resolved till yet, but we have big problems with getting rid of that problem. Our developers work on this all the time and we're testing their solutions but at the moment we are not able to find a solution that works. Please be informed that we do everything to help you (and everybody else whith the same problem) with this problem and hopfully we can fix the problem today or at least tomorrow...

At the moment the only thing i can do is to thank you for your patience!

Best regards

I belive they really have serious problems.....

Quote[/b] ]maybe its just me but, what i find annoying is that we shouldn't have to fix this game by ourselves. or at least this sort of issue. we paid good money for the game to actually boot up. that fact that those having a problem are forced to figure a way around this problem is absurd. really, how hard is it to drop by and let people know that you are aware of the this problem and are working to fix it. my worst fear is that this particular problem will get over looked.

Well, then you should change to consoles gaming because there everybody got the very same configuration and

hardware and no other factors than the software could

be messed up if it's about bugs.

listen, ive played my share of buggy games, this is something that i will continue to deal with because i am a devoted pc gamer who refuses to buy a 360 or ps3.

however, this patch at the very least should be playable and not require anyone to rig their pc just to get it working.

do you really think that is too much to ask for?

From securom today:
Quote[/b] ]

Hello,

We are really sorry that you're issue has not been resolved till yet, but we have big problems with getting rid of that problem. Our developers work on this all the time and we're testing their solutions but at the moment we are not able to find a solution that works. Please be informed that we do everything to help you (and everybody else whith the same problem) with this problem and hopfully we can fix the problem today or at least tomorrow...

Best regards

I belive they really have serious problems.....

Sounds like Securom itself requires a patch.

Quote[/b] ]maybe its just me but, what i find annoying is that we shouldn't have to fix this game by ourselves. or at least this sort of issue. we paid good money for the game to actually boot up. that fact that those having a problem are forced to figure a way around this problem is absurd. really, how hard is it to drop by and let people know that you are aware of the this problem and are working to fix it. my worst fear is that this particular problem will get over looked.

Well, then you should change to consoles gaming because there everybody got the very same configuration and

hardware and no other factors than the software could

be messed up if it's about bugs.

listen, ive played my share of buggy games, this is something that i will continue to deal with because i am a devoted pc gamer who refuses to buy a 360 or ps3.

however, this patch at the very least should be playable and not require anyone to rig their pc just to get it working.

do you really think that is too much to ask for?

Totally agree with you man. Even a big soulless company like EA is looking to fix their Securom problem with the new Command & Conquer 3 patch and discouraging people from making fixes themselves like messing with your registry.

I find this to be totally unacceptable for both BI and SecuRom. I solved my problem.....but I maintained from the start that is was not my %&@%&* problem...bottom line. Many others here are still suffering from this injustice and all that happens is that developers/moderators lock threads and moderators ban\reprimand people for getting angry at just plain old POOR FRIGGEN SERVICE!!!! ArmA is a pretty good game...if you can get it to run/keep it running but I am beginning to believe that BI may just be in over their heads on this one...all the while we begin to hear rumors of an expansion....great news for people who CANNOT play the existing game...that they actually paid for. This is a sad state of affairs to be sure.....shame on you BI/SecuRom.. nener.gif.

Something i have noticed since either updating my computer or ArmA to 1.08 is that the games Uninstall file has been deleted somehow, it certainly wasn't done by me manually. It also doesn't appear in the add/remove programs column in the control panel, thus i have no way to remove it from my system... strange.

If there isn't a solution to the securecom 7001 error before GRAW2 comes out next week, I told my brother to take his copy of ArmA back and put the money towards that.

There is something very wrong with this update and securecom.

As u know I experienced the problem tried to reinstall and nothing new. Well I restored the fresh system to the first point without any driver installed it all again without the nvidia drivers (vga/chipset nforce4) ant it ran....... crap it worked... installed my cdrom drivers from the asus 7600gs top and the latest nvidia chipset drivers ant it still runned 1.08.

"after trying all the mambo jambo in this topic"

"What a hell!"

"Let me try that with my other "old" sataII 160Gb hard drive"

And... it didn´t work...

So Since I had it working in my other hard drive I thought what a heck I will use the other sistem and reinstall my other games and system on it. Guess What i installed the new hard drive alone and it didn´t work any more.

End of statement this is really a crapy coding and protection job. It really prevents u from using your game in conditions.

Will wait to some other conclusion since my time is very short to waist on other job.

I hope there was some reason left to buy another genuine game.

As u know I experienced the problem tried to reinstall and nothing new. Well I restored the fresh system to the first point without any driver installed it all again without the nvidia drivers (vga/chipset nforce4) ant it ran....... crap it worked... installed my cdrom drivers from the asus 7600gs top and the latest nvidia chipset drivers ant it still runned 1.08.

"What a hell!"

And... it didn´t work...

So Since I had it working in my other hard drive I thought what a heck I will use the other sistem and reinstall my other games and system on it. Guess What i installed the new hard drive alone and it didn´t work any more.

End of statement this is really a crapy coding and protection job. It really prevents u from using your game in conditions.

Will wait to some other conclusion since my time is very short to waist on other job.

What? huh.gif

You had the game running and then after your next step

of intervention it didn't run?

Wait, i'm gonna try to find a way to make it not run on

my system so i can come back to complain about that

software too.

Sorry if i misunderstood you because of the language barriere.

~S~ CD

"What a hell!"

And... it didn´t work...

What?  huh.gif

Wait, i'm gonna try to find a way to make it not run on

my system so i can come back to complain about that

software too.

Sorry if i misunderstood you because of the language barriere.

~S~ CD

Chris is that all you do is flame bait?

I have seen you give no meaningful post in this thread what so ever.

If you are going to be rude to be people please go do it somewhere else, we are all a little sick of this problem and not being able to play a game we all payed for.

Quote[/b] ]Chris is that all you do is flame bait?  

I have seen you give no meaningful post in this thread what so ever.

If you are going to be rude to be people please go do it somewhere else, we are all a little sick of this problem and not being able to play a game we all payed for.

Sorry but if i understood BMARTINS post right then he

had a working 1.08 - screwed it up - and comes then complaining about crap software.

I'm not flamebaiting here - i just can't understand how people

find victims everytime without thinking what they say.

I was adding a constructive reply 2 posts before:

Quote[/b] ]Fuck that, I get the same shit. Sometimes Arma starts, and sometimes Securom does not my find my original Arma DVD.

ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGG

My answer was:      

Quote[/b] ]Typical Securom problem in no way related to Arma.

Pro evolution Soccer 6 offers the same problem every now

and then and is also protected by Securom copy protection.

The next one i was saying that if one cannot accept the

risk wich is comming by the wide variety of different

possible pc setups, he has to change to console type

gaming because the risk doesn't exist there.

No flamebaiting at all - but if some people afterwards react

like i did hold them a gun on the head it's not my fault sorry.

I say again: My game wasn't working for three different reasons yet but i kept calming down and you didn't find me

swearing and pointing around with my fingers to find a victim.

I silent but intensive searched for a solution - waited a while

searched again and i got it working: 3 times.

I feel sorry for those who didn't have that luck yet but i just

can't overlook when people put all things into the wrong

light.

If you are after a solution, then best is to have no wrong accusations or assumptions in a thread since it will always

offer stuff for discussion or at least for clarification.

If people have problems they should concentrate on solving

that problem but not start trying to make things look bad

for others just because of some ego trip.

It's the phrase: 'we hate what we cannot get' what comes

into my mind everytime i see those helpless tries to make

everything around one looking bad - just not themselves.

This is not the same comunity like it was in OFP days it more

reminds on those people who are playing BF2 and destroy every friendly vehicle they couldn't get in because another

one was faster - and the more i see this the more my hair are

turning straight up into the air.

I miss that mature comunity really and all i'm trying is to open

up the eyes of some posters to start thinking about what

mismatch they sometimes are saying.

@dogtags:

At least i would go to where i bought that car to complain,

not directly to the manufacturer.

Well at least 1700 of my 1800 posts where extreme constructive and did help a lot of people till now but

i will bear in mind your words an 'Buzz off'.

May the new comunity find their ways to solve their mission

editing/scripting and modelling problems.  confused_o.gif

Not trying to say that i'm the only one who can help on that

sector but i can see most of the experienced members on

that seeing it similar.

~S~ CD

Chris you are so full of it.

So you are saying to go buy a car and take it home and if the brand new car stops working we are to just fix it ourselves?

Nobody here is complaining for nothing and we are not whinging about crashes, textures and numerous other bugs now, we just all wish we could at least experience those bugs, it would make a nice change.

None of us can get the damn thing even going. Most of us here have tried and retried to get it going following suggestions here and in other places and by searching the web and some of us have screwed up a perfectly working system just to try and get Arma going. I know I have spent hours trying to fix it.

So Chris go and preach elsewhere, I know you like to wind people up as I have seen you doing it elsewhere. Unless you have something constructive to say then Buzz off.

Yeah i have the problem where i click the ArmA shortcut, hour glass comes up then nothing......

Iv tried re-installing and patching...didnt work and also that regedit thing....didnt work.

Is there going to be a fix or what, iv gone back to playing BF2 (jesus it been like 6 months since i last played).

And please, stop the fighting, almost every thread in this entire forum has a flame in it. Just get along and dont post anything besides the topic, it very frustrating having to look through pages and pages of flame to find a idea/fix.

So you are saying to go buy a car and take it home and if the brand new car stops working we are to just fix it ourselves?
I was going to reply but after reading such kinds of comparisons I just don't feel the urge to explain anything. If you really feel that buying a new car compares to buying a computer game, then ur either new to the gaming world or some other way unrealistic smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]If there isn't a solution to the securecom 7001 error before GRAW2 comes out next week, I told my brother to take his copy of ArmA back and put the money towards that.
That's poor for your brother then... Last time I checked, the 7001 error is ALWAYS fixable. The problem with: Click on Icon --> Nothing happens, IS a real problem but you are not referring to that one, so go ahead tell ur brother to bring back his ArmA copy in exchange for GRAW for a false reason biggrin_o.gif

@Everyone with the "Click, Nothing Happens" problems; I really do hope solutions come out ASAP.

I also agree that BIS should've commented better on this problem and displayed they are working together with Securom to solve the issue,

but looking at this... it seems that Securom is on it:

Quote[/b] ]Hello,

Best regards

Copy protections are chosen by the Publishers though, IIRC you should knock at their door, altough im uncertain of their responsiveness.

What?  huh.gif

So he can't switch HDs ever once he finds a magical combination which does work?

I'm surprised moderators don't warn you at all. All you do is flame other people and write your ramblings in epic form which do nothing to solve the problem at hand but just clutter the thread.

I'm very glad there's an add-on coming. I just hope I'll be able to run this game with 1.08 by the time it comes out.

Copy protection is enforced by Bohemia.Atari didn't have time to test Bohemia published 1.08 patch and they released it on their site few days after without any messing around.

So it's clear that Bohemia published patches not publishers so don't make us all fools.

Bohemia lovers Sickboy and Chris Death should avoid posting in this thread.