Sign in to follow this  
heliosjet

Patch 1.08 doesn't boot thread

If Vista solves a problem, buy it.

But take the System Builder Version, which is much cheaper than Vista would normally be.

We talk about ~100€ for Vista Home Premium 32 BIT, not much money for a system that i`ll use for many years. wink_o.gif

Thx will try...I already have ultimate but will not use because of drivers and can run more games on Xp.I will some day...

Install both systems, i did that. Win2K Prof. and Vista Home Premium on one PC. wink_o.gif

If you get Vista you *MIGHT* fix one problem, but keep in mind a horde of other problems will quickly make their way to you. I would wait another six months before even thinking about getting Vista.

Well, I received another reply from secuRom, they asked me for a new Analysis file. I have already sent it to them and I'm waiting for a new reply.

This gives me a bad felling, like they don't have any idea about what's going on. I hope they find out quickly...

Quote[/b] ]Just one little test, if you want to: Does ArmA *still* start up, if you remove the '-nosplash' parameter? Just copy your existing ArmA shortcut and delete it out.

Oh, and do you use additional parameters like 'maxmem=xxx' ?

Any mods(in the shortcut)?

Thanks for your post troop. Once I had the game up and running I dropped the 2 mods that I am using (modern war sound and voice_quiet) in and then setup go arma to handle my launch and logins. I logged into my farorite server and played for 2 plus hours witout a hitch. My fps were better than with the 107 beta,....thats one thing I did notice. So to answer your question....I will try to run the game from my desktop icon ...not using the -nosplash and report back. I do not use any other parameters in my setup....but in go arma I also have teamspeak overlay setup to run as well. I do not run in  windowed mode either.

good to hear that grunt, but i have to agree this is very annoying confused_o.gif

Thx will try...I already have ultimate but will not use because of drivers and can run more games on Xp.I will some day...

Witch game you cant run on vista ?

I run all games without any error.

Arma , Swat4,BF2,BF2142,ET,CoD1and2,TmUnited,all HL1-HL2 mods,all NeedForSpeed games,xpandrally,GTI Race,simbin race games,ghost recon AW,GTA SA,CoH,...

*sigh*

I've never installed any emulator software, so that .sys file, and any other files affiliated with it, are not on my system. I am running Windows XP professional /w SP2. Unlike many others here with the same problem, I have a 7900GTX video card. I've updated to the latest nVidia drivers and the newest DirectX version. In addition to these things, I have done all the securom fixes mentioned thus far and nothing works. No one has even identified what the source of the problem is. It's frustrating to be able to boot up up 1.05 with no issues, only to have the game never start once 1.08 has been installed.

Find the source.

Fix it.

Play.

Why is it so difficult?

- dRb

Hi all!

I don't know if anyone of you has tried GruntHOR`s fix in from the 1.08 Troubleshooting Thread, but I have just tried and it does not work. ArmA refusing to start as always.

I think this games evern surpasses Söldner, bug-wise. crazy_o.gif

Greetings

Mathias

EDIT:

My Specs:

AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 4200+

2,21 GHz

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7950GT, newest Forceware Drivers (updated 10 mintues ago)

Windows XP Service Pack 2

German DVD Version, fresh install

updated to 1.05 Euro, then 1.08 international

I think I may have just gotten lucky...thats all. I am running XP Pro SP2 patched up to yesterdays patchs. I have an EVGA 7800GT video...but NOT the latest video drivers...not sure what version they are actually...2gb ram OCZ dual channel kit on a MSI NEO 4 Platinum mobo/Opti 175 and this system has never really given me any real problems...but the 108 patch fixed all that... crazy_o.gif. I honestly did not think the registry fix was going to work for me either but when the game spun up I was a happy camper. I find it qute disconcerting that BIS /SecuRom are NOT helping on this....other than saying that it is "something" on your computer that is causing this....and it is NOT of our doing.. whistle.gif

Hm, I do think that they need to fix this ASAP, or Arma will die a quick death. I have no Idea why 1.07beta2 worked like a charme while 1.08 never does. Maybe there should be an official 1.07, that would fix many bugs anyway and keep people playing the game....

I also just installed ArmA fresh from my german DVD, patched it to 1.05 and from there to 1.08...

No problems with starting the game, never had any since v1.00.

Specs:

Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ @ 2.4GHz

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7800GS, 256 MB

Forceware 160.03

Windows XP SP2

@W0lle:

So if I compare you specs and mine...it boils down to the graphics card? I am very pissed off that I see no common trend for this problem. Does anybody see a pattern here?

I wait still for the cure.

I have the download version from Atari. I got it weeks ago when it first came out. It did not work then either.

I hoped 1.08 would work but bummer it did not.

I have:

ATI X800 7.5 driver, and hot fix.

Asus motherboard, with new drivers from nvidia.

Audigy with latest drivers.

OpenAL- tried with these drivers and without.

I did the securecom removal of some reg keys.

No EAX effects running.

What does work:

If i go to device manager and disable my sound card he game will start and looks great.

I tried alt-tab while game is running and the enableing my sound card again. The card reenables but still no sound in game.

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhuh.gif

I will keep the game and not get upset as i have been a Flashpoint guy from the first day it was released.

The community is GREAT!!!! And always helpful.

I know there must be a quick fix some where.

Thanks guys

Have you tried to search for similar topics? I am sure i have seen this issue discussed here before (maybe not concerning the 1.08, but that may not matter).

I have absolutely no clue whether this may help, but you could try download the latest OpenAL drivers (if you already haven't).

I get checkboxes, then the send error report message. It happened after i installed my Soundblaster Live soundcard because for some reason, my onboard sound was screwing up my mic on some TS servers.

Thanks 51133,

Yeah I have read up almost daily on these forums and atari and some others.

And I have posted on them as well.

I felt it important to kept this topic alive in case someone found a cure and was not reading back for pages and pages.

I tried the OpenAL thingy in many different ways.

I installed it while game was installed.

I updated my sound card and reinstalled it.

I uninstalled it and then reinstalled my sound card updated drives.

Thanks for the thought.

I am thinking I may get a new sound card and try it.

I just am not sure which sound card to get.

now i have absolutely no sound, armed assault won't start, when I talk, my mic echoes... (from text chat with ppl on ts)

I already unplugged and uninstalled my sound card, i've uninstalled/reinstalled the driver for this card...

Nothing I do is helping or improving things for anything.

Hi all

Just to add my name to this.

I have new machine, fresh XP install, Norton Internet security, Norton Ghost, MS Office.

8500GT

ArmA 1.08 no joy.

Tried the fixes listed here no joy.

But for having other machines with working 1.08 this would be anoying.

Kind Regards walker

@W0lle:

So if I compare you specs and mine...it boils down to the graphics card? I am very pissed off that I see no common trend for this problem. Does anybody see a pattern here?

For me, it's becoming a process of elimination. First I had to uninstall D-Tools, then turn off StartupMonitor, and now Windows Defender... which is a tad funny given that I don't have it on my computer.

I don't know that there's an end in sight to these software conflicts, or if SecuRom will eventually conflict with explorer.exe or something. We're probably going to need a hotfix for this.

Just remember that it's not BI's fault and it certainly isn't the poor SecuRom tech support guy's fault. There's nobody to blame but the heads of SR, or maybe Atari, and righteous-consumer-rage-filled rants directed at them won't accomplish anything.

I am thinking I may get a new sound card and try it.

I just am not sure which sound card to get.

Sorry, i can't help you with that - i am using onboard soundcard.

do your MB still have onborad sound card? i would try to take out the SB and jump back to onborad to see if that work, also try to replug your PCI sound card, that might work