Sign in to follow this  
zootia

I found an easter egg!

The Christmas trees in OFP made me laugh. I hope something like that is added as well around certain times of the year.

Nothing happens on Christmas day, i've checked.

Really? When I was playing OFP on GSA all the normal tree's where replaced with Xmas tree's! xmas_o.gif

I´m surprised that noone has found this sign yet (made the pic in march):

corazol1pe8.th.jpg

It says end of Corazol and its located in the middle of South-Sahrani. I opened the GPS so that you can see exactly where wink_o.gif

I'd call that last one a bug, put it on the BTS.

I did that when I found one of those road side white posts deep in a forest.

I´m surprised that noone has found this sign yet (made the pic in march):

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4019/corazol1pe8.th.jpg

It says end of Corazol and its located in the middle of South-Sahrani. I opened the GPS so that you can see exactly where wink_o.gif

<s>That looks like that valley with the hotel near it. I don't think the sign is there anymore.</s>

Nope - it's still there in 1.08:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/JasonOlsen/corazolsignbug.jpg

Yeah it' still there Jason smile_o.gif

I passed it last night testing a mission

Edit:- lol ya beat me to it biggrin_o.gif

Hello guys,

I was playing Evo Red V2 on my server two nights ago and while attacking Bagango I found cover in that house on the nothern hill of the city. In this house I found that photo on the wall :

arma3211.jpg

I thought it was another easter egg but I wasn't able to find anything about that picture on BIS' wiki. It seems to be a picture taken from a training exercise during a national service, but it seems not to be in Czech Army since Czech Rep Army had not purchased FN FAL rifles, and the guys on the picture all have one in the hands.

Does anyone know something about that picture ?

Have a good day.

Frantz [MCF]

Can you please link us to the larger picture.

Sorry, I have put the wrong link. Post edited, now it shall be good.

The cigarettepack on the vietnam helmet that the grenadier mercenary use is not "Lucky Strike", its "Heart Stroke". You must look at the texturefile to see it..

Frantz @ Nov. 24 2007,20:22)]I thought it was another easter egg but I wasn't able to find anything about that picture on BIS' wiki. It seems to be a picture taken from a training exercise during a national service, but it seems not to be in Czech Army since Czech Rep Army had not purchased FN FAL rifles, and the guys on the picture all have one in the hands.

The FALs there all have the StG 58-style ridged metal

handguards so they are either Austrian, German, Dutch (or

Greek - although that is unlikely judging from the photo' ).

The picture is too grainy to be certain but they look as if

they have the Dutch tunnel foresight protectors.

The picture would date from anytime after the late 1950s to

the early 1980s.

Thanks for the answers smile_o.gif

I put the picture on ArmedAssault.info too and rommel replied this :

Quote[/b] ]I just remember reading somewhere on the BIS Forums that it was, its in the house as mentioned North of Bagango (Mayor/President/VIP's House).

Couldn't find the thread on it, but I know its been exposed before.

Hi,

The soldiers on the photograph are definitely Dutch, they have the Dutch version of the FAL, as Faulkner mentioned recognisable by the distinctive front sight guard, and are wearing the M58 combat jacket.

Regards,

Sander

Frantz @ Nov. 24 2007,20:22)]Hello guys,

I was playing Evo Red V2 on my server two nights ago and while attacking Bagango I found cover in that house on the nothern hill of the city. In this house I found that photo on the wall :

arma3211.jpg

I thought it was another easter egg but I wasn't able to find anything about that picture on BIS' wiki. It seems to be a picture taken from a training exercise during a national service, but it seems not to be in Czech Army since Czech Rep Army had not purchased FN FAL rifles, and the guys on the picture all have one in the hands.

Does anyone know something about that picture ?

Have a good day.

Frantz [MCF]

It's an ASG team smile_o.gif

Those weapons are replicas