Sign in to follow this  
Dannyllnl69

ALIEN WARE

What fits arma the best ?? help.gif

------------------Choice1----------------------------------

Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6700 2.66GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - Overclocked to 3.2GHz!

Includes Liquid Cooling

Genuine Windows® XP Professional

Alienware® P2 Chassis with AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling and 1000 Watt SLI Capable Power Supply

Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard

4GB - 4 x 1024MB

Dual 320MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 GTS - SLI Enabled

Ageia PhysX Processing Unit w/ 128MB GDDR3 - Intensified Gaming Visual Effects

---------------------Choice 2---------------------------

Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6700 2.66GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - Overclocked to 3.2GHz!

Includes Liquid Cooling

Alienware® P2 Chassis with AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling and 1000 Watt SLI Capable Power Supply

4GB - 4 x 1024MB

768MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 GTX

------------------Choice 3-------------------------------

Includes Liquid Cooling

4GB - 4 x 1024MB

320MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 GTS - Superclocked

Arma not worth all that. So hopfully you play a LOT of other games.

At least wait till all NV and ATI bugs are hopfully solved at least.

You can build your own with similar specs and save at least $600.

x2

By the way your post does not belong in this part of the forum.

There is a dedicated hardware thread in the offtopic section

You can build your own with similar specs and save at least $600.

x2

By the way your post does not belong in this part of the forum.

There is a dedicated hardware thread in the offtopic section

x3. Source them yourself through an OEM vendor and save a bundle.

Quote[/b] ]x3. Source them yourself through an OEM vendor and save a bundle.

x4 - anyone who can build their own computer should do it. Otherwise, it's a certainty that you *will* get assraped money-wise. It takes only a little bit of time and effort, and the end product is very satisfying.

x5

who gives more? biggrin_o.gif

Costumize your own hardware.. but wait for all fixes (drivers and game)

edit: i would not buy a new hole computer just yet.. wait alittle more and see.. wink_o.gif

x6 think he just wanted to show off smile_o.gif

x7

Alienware are criminal in their prices - you're paying for a brand at the end of the day, not the PC. Unless you're planning on hanging your tower around your neck and parading through town, then save your self a lot of money and build it yourself. You'll even save yourself from having to own one of those god awful cases.

any monkey can do it - I did smile_o.gif

I feel obliged to jump on the anti-Alienware bandwagon here. Find a smaller name provider or make it yourself. How much are they asking for those specs?

To answer your question the 8800GTX spec is the best. And dont bother getting a Physics card, such a waste icon_rolleyes.gif ArmA doesnt use them, neither do most games. And why Win XP? Surely Vista is the way to go nowadays now that we have some half decent drivers. I think XP has trouble with 4GB of RAM anyway

I feel obliged to jump on the anti-Alienware bandwagon here. Find a smaller name provider or make it yourself. How much are they asking for those specs?

To answer your question the 8800GTX spec is the best. And dont bother getting a Physics card, such a waste  icon_rolleyes.gif ArmA doesnt use them, neither do most games. And why Win XP? Surely Vista is the way to go nowadays now that we have some half decent drivers. I think XP has trouble with 4GB of RAM anyway

Most IT techies (such as myself) will advise you to stay away from Vista for at least another year. There are still just too many problems with that OS.

Unless you seriously know what you're doing, stick to tried and true XP.

Yea stick with xp I have about 20fps difference between xp and vista. They need a vista gaming OS that uses less resources..

A physx card? You do now that that card can even lower your framerate! I wouldn't go for the PhysX cards since I don't believe there is any future in them.. drop the physx and use the money on 2 raptors and make them Raid 0.. that would prob. help you a lot more when playing ArmA than a physx would.

But okay you will prob. have to invest more than the price of one physx card if you want 2 x fast raptor harddrives

x8

i was about to say the same thing, its cheaper to build your own.  smile_o.gif

edit; but i like option 2 the best.

Don't get an alienware.  I'd always built my own machines but I was seduced into buying an Aruora a few years back.  The spec was nice the look of it was nice, but the image they used to build it was not perfect, there support was hit and miss, it had a 64 bit cpu but the motherboard they choose had a sata controller that didn't support 64 bit.  Overall it's just not worth the extra money.

This time round I built my own again smile_o.gif