Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

Arma FDF sound pack v1.1

Thank you FDF guyz me and a clan mate have recently been playing alot of Arma and the FDF sounds are great. Keep up the good work!

Where is the screem of enemy when he die?

Where is the sounds of hiting bulets when You are in the car, tank, heli etc.?

Where are the sounds of enemy foot steps?

Sounds of mp5 is not good... dont like it.

When Enemy is shooting to me from AK47 I dont feel fear, somethings is not right with this sound.

Rest is perfect... sounds of uh-60 is awesome and sounds of exploding vehicles is excellent.

I know that this will be the best sound pack in the future... work harder guys! mad_o.gif

I'm using 1.07b with patch.

I'm not having the problems as the above posters. The recoil is fine. I hear ak47s shooting at me just fine.

I'm not sure any of us are in any position to know how much work has gone into the pack or to tell the FDF team to work harder. They invented the config method that makes the other sound mods possible. Your criticisms and bug reports may be valid, but that attitude is just going to serve to frustrate the devs. Maybe YOU should try a little bit harder and not type in the first damn thing that pops into your head?

When Enemy is shooting to me from AK47 I dont feel fear, somethings is not right with this sound.

Rest is perfect... sounds of uh-60 is awesome and sounds of exploding vehicles is excellent.

I know that this will be the best sound pack in the future... work harder guys! mad_o.gif

all those issues could be cause of old drivers and/or the sound bugs that still exists in arma..

I'm lacking recoil in M16 varient rifles. Sometimes I don't get recoil, sometimes I do.

In fire fights, with my sound cranked, I can barely hear enemies shooting at me, I can't really hear tanks all so hot, the reloading of the sniper rifle, I can't hear at all. I don't hear anyone screaming when hit, and sometimes the .203 Rounds in a gun don't even offer an option, it just switches between semi and burst.

I am using 1.06.

all those issues could be cause of old drivers and/or the sound bugs that still exists  in arma..

It's not possible, my drivers are updated, arma without FDFSP is runing very good, sounds are not missing...

I always play using my 5.1 sounds system and I spend about 16h on test FDF sound pack... I know what I'm saying.

Mmmmm... What to say?

Incredible results! I just tried it and got impressed when I put a jet passing by and got a great 3D sound, from my rear speakers to my front ones. Amazing results wink_o.gif Directionallity of sound is very well performed.

Now, what I can´t understand is why, if this 3D sound was possible with the engine, we didn´t have it since Arma v1.00 icon_rolleyes.gif

I recovered the faith in this game engine... Thanks to all modders who work on improving the game sound with their mods.

I think I will start using game sound for my cutscenes instead of music only...

Cheers biggrin_o.gif

Is it me or are the sounds of the of the choppers mixed up?

When i shot rockets i hear the right rocket on the left channel and the left rocket on the right. Also the gun sound of the AH1 seems to be mixed up when you lock on a target and the barrel moves left the gun sounds are coming from the right channel and the other way the same. All other sounds i have checked seems to be fine.

Can anyone confirm this?

is it possilbe to use the pack with the hard way(decompress sound.pbo, cover all old sounds with the new one, repack the pbo, use mod folder to startup, just like the sun flare tweak?)

This soundpack is for 1.07. Try version 1.0 for version 1.06.

Also, I recommend that you don't overwrite files when you change mod versions. Completely whipe the mod directory clean and install the thing fresh.

FDF 1,1 playing it on 1.05 kept crashing me i think and i also had no recoil lol, haha shooting people miles away with ease biggrin_o.gif naughty naughty FDF rofl.gif

FDF SoundPack v1.1 works great in 1.07beta5157, we tested it out yesterday (before that we used v1.0) and no problems. Maybe only that you can hear a chopper landed E of Paraiso when you're standing near the airport hangar? wow_o.gif

i see no rifles in arma or rocketlaunchers, they are like faded out in the gear menu but i see the Hud for ammo for the weapons and when i shoot the tracers come out of my chest / torso tounge2.gif

any1 know why that is? Can it have anything to do with the armory? anyways nice sounds on the automatic rifle or whta its called the heavy machinegun on bluefor and love the new m8 sounds much more easier to hear its a weapon now that potentially can take something down. thumbs-up.gif

After testing the soundpack for some time now, I must say I'm very happy with it.

Although some weapons don't sound really realistically, i.e. the M249. (too much bass)

You can hear the vehicles much better now. Also the vehicles sounds are very good.

What is not so good by BIS default, are the movement sounds of the soldiers.

Often a soldiers can close to you and you can't hardly hear him. I would prefer louder footsteps sounds and sounds of the gear his wearing.

@Goeth Can you please change the movement sound for the soldiers for the next version please?

Is it me or are the sounds of the of the choppers mixed up?

When i shot rockets i hear the right rocket on the left channel and the left rocket on the right. Also the gun sound of the AH1 seems to be mixed up when you lock on a target and the barrel moves left the gun sounds are coming from the right channel and the other way the same. All other sounds i have checked seems to be fine.

Can anyone confirm this?

I qoute myself.

Anyone checked this problem with the choppers? I tested it again the left and right channel seems to be mixed up.

greets

Mmmmm... What to say?

Incredible results! I just tried it and got impressed when I put a jet passing by and got a great 3D sound, from my rear speakers to my front ones. Amazing results wink_o.gif Directionallity of sound is very well performed.

Now, what I can´t understand is why, if this 3D sound was possible with the engine, we didn´t have it since Arma v1.00 icon_rolleyes.gif

I recovered the faith in this game engine... Thanks to all modders who work on improving the game sound with their mods.

I think I will start using game sound for my cutscenes instead of music only...

Cheers biggrin_o.gif

3D sounds are nothing to do with the mod, the mod only changes the effects themselves. If you weren't getting the 3D effect before then it's a problem on your side, not the game.

@bionic: It's not a problem with the mod, seems to be an ArmA bug. It happens without the mod too.

By the way, to run multiple mods do it like so: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=mod1;mod2

So to run this with the beta do:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=FDF_sounds;beta

And keep the sound mod files in the seperate mod folder, don't put them in the beta folder. I'm amazed at how many people make up their own strange ways of doing this icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]@bionic: It's not a problem with the mod, seems to be an ArmA bug. It happens without the mod too.

rofl.gifwow_o.gif

So iam sorry for that but i haven´t noticed this before shame on me

But that proves it i am a tanker and i hate flying biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

greets

What is not so good by BIS default, are the movement sounds of the soldiers.

Often a soldiers can close to you and you can't hardly hear him. I would prefer louder footsteps sounds and sounds of the gear his wearing.

@Goeth Can you please change the movement sound for the soldiers for the next version please?

The same here: the enemy-footsteps sounds are too quiet.

All 1.08 users that use this pack please report bugs to this thread, like missing recoils and such.

The longer I play with FDF_Soundpack 1.1, the more I'm happy with it. IMO the vehicle sounds are made really very good. The weapon sound are good, sometimes ok. (m249, AK74)

The only sound I found is kind of unfinished is the M16 burst sound. It's way too slow, it should be some kind like the M4 burst sound.

What do you think Goeth?

Actually Kroky you are right, but the thing is that i think it´s an error from BIS´s part. The firerate is too slow on the burst mode in m16a2 configuration.

Love the sounds, not a day goes by without me hearing them. Thx a bunch.