Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Realistic Tracers

I will supply ThePredator the details possibly tonight but probably tomorrow.

In the meantime i've sucesfully implemented it also in my 6thSenseMod, including automatic activation and configuration through the Mod's scripting framework.

Quote[/b] ]On the ArmA.de Forums is another with the exact same issue. Don't know what the difference to all the other users is.

It *should* remove every BIS tracer but somehow, you guys still see them. So my guess is, that something is overriding the mod config...

Well I am still having several weapons tracers being disabled such as the M249 and the M4 and all small caliber weapons. It only seems to be the higher caliber that aren't replaced. I'm also running the mod folder last.

I will try disabling all other mod folders and then try it.

Quote[/b] ]On the ArmA.de Forums is another with the exact same issue. Don't know what the difference to all the other users is.

It *should* remove every BIS tracer but somehow, you guys still see them. So my guess is, that something is overriding the mod config...

Well I am still having several weapons tracers being disabled such as the M249 and the M4 and all small caliber weapons. It only seems to be the higher caliber that aren't replaced. I'm also running the mod folder last.

I will try disabling all other mod folders and then try it.

A way to test the mod (or use) is to place the cent_tracer.pbo file directly in your Arma/Beta/Addons folder. This should disable all the vanilla tracers in the game. If it works this way, but not in -mod= mode, then its a issue with the mod setup, but at least you know the addon works.

The cent_tracer.pbo file should be the ony file from the download that goes in the Addon folder.

The rest of the files are for mission editing and demo missions.

could someone make a video of the vsb2 tracers I would like to see them...

@456820

did you make sure that the small calibres were set to "on" in the script code?

it need to look like this:

{[_x, 5,0,1,2] exec "\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqs"} ForEach thislist

OK, I have sent ThePredator methods to implement the changes to enable the Tracers always, into his sound/config mod. If there are any questions or problems, please let me know.

In the meantime please report bugs and other feedback, I will optimize and fix as much as possible.

It can be done like FFur, replacement tracers, or you can have an addon that will make you new units by an eventhandler kinda like this

TracerWSoldier : Wsoldier {};

class EventHandlers {Put tracer commands here };

and now you can use normal soldiers or tracer soldiers??

I havent tested out the addon yet so im not sure if something like this would work

I think the diff between VBS2 tracers and these is that VBS2 tracers are much smaller, and maybe not that "spherical", but rather conical or cylindrical.

@456820

did you make sure that the small calibres were set to "on" in the script code?

it need to look like this:

{[_x, 5,0,1,2] exec "\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqs"} ForEach thislist

With the newest version, if you enable the tracers with a trigger in the mission, the "On Act." field should actually now look like this...

{d=[_x,3,0,1,1] execVM "\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqf"} forEach ThisList

Figured out the tank cannons do not have tracers, can anybody confirm this?

OK very confusing what do we type in the init field to get them to work?huh.gif?

We should describe the tracers once and for all. This threat is getting irritating by the minute.

In the editor place one of the two cent_tracer game logics (which suits your needs).

If you selected the auto add logic, you won't need anything else, the default tracer config will be loaded automaticaly.

If you chose the init logic, create a trigger, activated by anybody, large enough to include every unit you want to use tracers and type in the "on activation" field the following:

{d=[_x,3,0,1,1] spawn cent_tracer} forEach ThisList

or write

{d=[this,3,0,1,1] spawn cent_tracer};

in the init line of the unit.

great work guys , its good to be rid of the lasers , but how do i get rid of these messages ?texthi1.th.jpg

Great initiative. As it says in the readme, it would be nice if BIS themselves would try a bit harder than those "Star Wars" tracers.

Personally though, I always preferred the Bn880 ones, just looked cooler to me, whatever happened to those?

Does this work with the Beta?

Can someone post a video if they get a chance... and yes it would be nice to have the different tracers by bn880 and wolfbane (?).

Could the script be expanded to add sparks/more realistic gunflashes to guns?

Does the Avenger on an A-10 even use tracers? Seems like all necessary targeting would be in the cockpit.

wow.. things looking good here, does this version still lag so much when in a huge firefight? (like 100 vs 100 men). i know my last version was...

would love to try and download, but at work atm and my pendrive just died on me (possibly drowned when i was walking in the rain... poor soul) plus my company provided house dont have internet access... poor me. time to replace my pendrive.

good job people thumbs-up.gif

Does this work with the Beta?

Yes, it was designed to work with 1.07beta(hotfix2). Has not been extensively tested on older versions.

Can someone post a video if they get a chance... and yes it would be nice to have the different tracers by bn880 and wolfbane (?).

Could the script be expanded to add sparks/more realistic gunflashes to guns?