Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Real Life Photography/Photo Editing II - NO IMAGES >100kb

Whoah! That was way to many pics to post... Sorry about that... I guess I just hope you like aeroplanes... smile_o.gif

Some Awesome photos you took there smile_o.gif

got any high res pictures too?

Killagee, you really shouldnt be allowed to post here..

you make the rest of us look bad rofl.gif

naaah, just kidding.. superb shots as usual! yay.gif

Thanks Shadow smile_o.gif There a whole bunch of people who used to post airplane photos up here... I wonder where they have gone?

Whoah! That was way to many pics to post... Sorry about that... I guess I just hope you like aeroplanes... smile_o.gif

Well... that isn't exactly a problem. Although I do have one comment - HOLY SHIT, why didn't I go there!  crazy_o.gif

Should give you some idea of how nice the pics are. biggrin_o.gif  What kind of a lense did you use, gonna prolly look for something with sufficient lenght (>150 on a 400D) to fool around soon... hopefully a nice, sharp zoom with good f-number.

We got the Pilot's Midsummer here in about 1.5 weeks... applied for a photographers pass just few hours ago, hopefully I'll get one. Missed it last year, and since it's only 10 euros... Would be feckin' cool to get to shoot the performers at the plate. Might have to get a hold of a wide angle for the Il-76 etc. tho'... wink_o.gif

Thanks Black Skorpion smile_o.gif

I used a nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR + 1.7x Converter, but you ideally need something that is 400mm or more for airshows... One day I might invest in something... if i won lotto I would get this beast!:

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Yo....ED.html

muhahaha it will never happen sad_o.gif

and i that was thinking about a Sigma 70-200 f2,8 and a x2 converter for my Nikon :P

well.. the 70-200 is first on the list anyway (have to go budget)

but then again, airshows iisnt really my primary area of photography so wink_o.gif

I used to have the sigma 70-200 HSM + converter. Great lens mate smile_o.gif the only bummer is that it doesnt have VR so you will need a monopod or tripod alot of the time, but the quality of the lens is great smile_o.gif

Killagee, theres only one word I have thats suitable:

"Bah"

SUPERB shots as always, am feeling quite green with envy here. notworthy.gif

I used to have the sigma 70-200 HSM + converter. Great lens mate smile_o.gif the only bummer is that it doesnt have VR so you will need a monopod or tripod alot of the time, but the quality of the lens is great smile_o.gif

Dunno... the 2.8 gives a nice flexibility on its own.

hellobyblackscorpyov2.jpg

Took this shot around last Christmas, at around 19.30 - which in Finland means there's basically no ambient light left, apart from the possible moon. The shot was taken at the town's main plaza, so there of course were some lamps. Underexposed it (shot in RAW so easy to boost up) and shot it at ISO800, but got a nice, fairly sharp result at 125 mm (plus the camera crop factor of 1.6x; the image is uncropped) and 1/100 secs (I think)... handheld.

Possibly going to a music festival this weekend (forgot to buy tickets so nearly double the price), we'll see how that turns out. Next weekend it's an airshow with some Sukhois... haven't yet decided what to do lense wise, whether to go with the 150 mm or to get a Sigman 1.4x or 2.0x converter... or a new lense.

Gonna buy a new "kit" tho', as the old one lost its AF function thanks to few fast Mirages and some pavement. whistle.gif Prolly going for the Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro (no HSM).

thats not really a problems since i mostly take photos of rally cars..

and when i dont do that, well.. i have a tripod and im thnking about buyng a monopod aswell wink_o.gif

Yeah man. f2.8 is awesome for good lowlight and long lenses are the go for seperating your subject from the foreground. But usually you need to stop your lens down 3 stops to get maximum sharpness. the coolest lens for large aperture is 50mm f1.8, which is cheap as chips! the 50mm f1.4 is nice also but three times the price... I saw i guy who had a 300mm f2 lens... It was about as wide as a dinner plate!

Yeah, got the Canon 50/1.8, which only costs about 100 euros... usually a tad less to be exact.

Quite nice, when (/if) I get the Sigma lens my slowest lenses (that I'll use, since the kit is now broken) will both be 2.8...

If you're gonna buy a Canon 50mm f/1.8, I'd suppose to buy a used Mark I, it is around the same price but not that cheap plastic build Mark II has...

I bought a 50mm f/1.4 in 2006, I'm happy with it as you can take really really great pics in low light situations (I'm rather often in museums...) and also very nice portraits. A little disadvantage is that you have to come quite close for a portrait, even with a 1.6x crop.

/edit: Here two examples for low light & portrait at once... I took them in one of Vienna's Museums recently (the Kunsthistorisches Museum):

20080518_0483.jpg

It's with @ f/1.4 1/25sec ISO200, handheld.

20080518_0459.jpg

This one is @ f/2 1/80sec ISO200, handheld.

Thanks to Uni Vienna for the webspace!