Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Is a sand version available then?

They actually don't look that bad neph, I suppose it does not matter if they stick out because they will be used on large complexes mostly. Do they offer protection from explosions, just asking because we all know buildings in ArmA don't.

yep there will be a sand version (this pic i also posted some pages back)

hesco_neu1.jpg

@VXR

yes, i thought changing the sand texture to a mud or dirt one or maybe make darker sand. wink_o.gif

i am glad you like it.

Maybe it's just my monitor, but they look black?

What kind of monitor do you have?

I have 2 different monitors attached and on one it also looks black but on the other its green wink_o.gif

Must've been just my eyes, if I zoom the image in I can see they're green. Probably need to change my brightness.

Not a bad start, but the M577 is missing the Generator next to the Driver's hatch, and the TC hatch is round on the M577. It's going to need some more details, too, brackets for tying down equipment to the roof, and the skirt on the back of the vehicle for attaching it to a TOC without letting any light out. Realistically, too, the inside of the vehicle should be full about halfway to the ceiling with half the crap needed for building the TOC, so if you're going to modify the interiors, keep that in mind.

Any plans to make the fuel tanks leak profusely into the hull or the heater/fuel pump/transmission/engine/wiring harness randomly fail? How about the inability to climb even shallow hills?

lol

I wanted a Stryker command vehicle so bad...

i dont have much expirence with it, i know the m577 is not really modern.. but its my first try so lol smile_o.gif

tc will be changed later, also the generator block.. smile_o.gif

It's still a good start, like I said (Wasn't trying to be so negative in my first post, I've just spent more time elbows deep in the guts of those things than in the driver's seat).

As far as how modern the M577 is, I think there's different versions based on the version of the M113 modified for the track. The 577 is literally a M113 with the top cut off and a box welded to the top (With the weld visible all the way around). So older M113s would have the old engines and transmissions, and steering lats, which are the two sticks used to control the braking on the left and right track. Newer M113s have a steering wheel, and a gas and brake petal. They're also WAY more reliable, in my limited experience.

got some more static stuff to show off. again, pics were taken by Pauliesss.

some kind of HESCO bunker smile_o.gif

hesco_bunker1.jpg

hope you like it.

i just got some lightning bug on the model, but i wrote that in the modelling thread...

greetings maatz

Small Iraqi town I'm making for IMWM.

PIC

I'd say it's about 20 % done.

---Offtopic---

100 pages full and thousands (or hundreds) of über great WIP pics! Great job eveybody!

---Back to the topic---

that 113 looks... what can I say? you added box on it? tounge2.gif

well nobody is master at beginning, try changing edges by:

by pressing:

-"I" for soft edges

-"U" for sharp edges

keep it going mate! thumbs-up.gif

PIC

I'd say it's about 20 % done.

Looking nice. 20%? Id it's a small town looks complete to me (in terms of placing buildings and other things), but in the end is your work.

IMWM is going to make new structures or are going to use the ArmA default ones?

Also, non a chanse that you can have an ETA, do you?

Looking nice. 20%? Id it's a small town looks complete to me (in terms of placing buildings and other things), but in the end is your work.

Well Only half the town's structures are placed and I intend to make it really tight for CQB. Also, the area you're looking at is about only 15-20 % of the towns entire size so it's small in comparison with most Iraqi cities, but bigger than any default ArmA town.

IMWM is going to make new structures or are going to use the ArmA default ones?

Also, non a chanse that you can have an ETA, do you?

Yes, I am pushing the modelers very hard on this.

HERE is a picture showing about one third of the size, bear in mind thought that the finished result may look nothing like this.

HERE is a close up showing the general style I want, will probably edit some of the terrain detail and satellite here.

As for ETA I can't say much.

"small"

It's going to be alone or with other towns/mayor city?

And change that texture, you can see the "plane" buildings

got some more static stuff to show off. again, pics were taken by Pauliesss.

some kind of HESCO bunker smile_o.gif

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh96/maatz_arma/hesco_bunker1.jpg

hope you like it.

i just got some lightning bug on the model, but i wrote that in the modelling thread...

greetings maatz

Looking great mate, will you also add some fencing in the openings of the Bunker? They are there to avoid grenades to be trown into the bunker.

Animated gif

Also seen are round big HESCO's to protect aircraft etc. seen below. Will those also be added to the pack?

http://www.armedforces.co.uk/newimages/hesco3.jpg" border="0">

thx mate. that is nice to hear you like it.

but what do you mean with the fencing at the bunkers entrance? i dunno what that should look like?!

although i am still alone working on these things, i planned on making those round things aswell, filled with concrete stuff, right?

greetings maatz

ps: oh, and of course this container-hesco-bunker will be included...

VXR was refurring to the 'tennis-court' netting that is hanging over the open parts on the bunker. Like said, to prevent grenades beeing thrown into the bunker...

VXR was refurring to the 'tennis-court' netting that is hanging over the open parts on the bunker. Like said, to prevent grenades beeing thrown into the bunker...

ah now i know. thanks wink_o.gif

Very nice, Opteryx! You inspire me to continue my self-flagellation with Visitor 3. Maybe I'll get one map done to your three smile_o.gif

exacly, in dutch also called chicken fencing because its used for chicken farms lol.

Maatz I might have a few Concrete road barriers on my HD but I hope I can still find those. You can include them in your pack if you like.

Barriers