Sign in to follow this  
bk1276

camnets

notworthy.gifsmile_o.gifinlove.gif the screenshots look bluddy brilliant m8 ,,beut work ,am downloadingnow to have alook....thank you for your efforts thumbs-up.gifwow_o.gifwhistle.gifyay.gifyay.gif

DMarkwick - does it block AI seeing "into" the tent as well, i.e. through the front door from outside? tounge2.gif

Not without a special camo net-shaped VB object smile_o.gif but it does give a real use for camo nets now. You can hide your tanks in forests without being spotted & harassed by enemy helos for example.

Hey-

I just had a brainstorm. Have a ViewBlock object with different sized LODs. Far away, large LOD, will also hide nearby soldiers. Closer in, smaller LOD, nearby soldiers become exposed, more chance of being spotted.

Or... something like that.

smile_o.gif

Yeah, come to think of it, I'm not sure if view geometry has lods....

Maybe if there were some way to generate "hides" though - like hunting blinds....

smile_o.gif

The problems with those nets are that when you look at them from a distance they are more transparent. So the farther away you are the more you see whats inside.... So the use is limited. I noticed this when I put a camonet over an east tent in a forrest.

The problems with those nets are that when you look at them from a distance they are more transparent. So the farther away you are the more you see whats inside.... So the use is limited. I noticed this when I put a camonet over an east tent in a forrest.

Try layering them. The hangar net can hold one or more smaller nets inside, and look reasonable at distance.

*edit* in any case, they're not meant to be a totally invisible item, they're meant to break up shapes within a landscape. In a forest, that small amount of transparency isn't noticeable. I'd guess the desert stuff though is what you're talking about mostly smile_o.gif

No, havent tried the desert nets yet only the forrest.

The problem is that when I have a east tent inside a net in a valley up north, and look down on it I see a fully visible tent... I can see a transparent net also...

edit. Maybe I must layer them.. Sad though that you need more nets..

Maybe I must layer them.. Sad though that you need more nets..

Don't sweat it smile_o.gif they're very simple models and layering them has negligible impact. If it makes you feel better about it, I used to camo up vehicles and layering nets is what you do. Remember that they're not really intended to be invisible without surrounding foliage.

Remember that they're not really intended to be invisible without surrounding foliage.

To continue on this wink_o.gif Yes, I have also used camo-net. And I know they are not only intended to be hard to see, they will also make it more or less impossible to see whats in them. That factor is very important as the enemy cant see if its an important target there. Its much harder to find out what the nets are hiding then to find them in RL.

My problem in game is the fact that they get almost invisible, they get so transparent so you can easilly see what they are supposed to be hiding.. If I hide a red car under a net I can hardly see whats in the net when Im next to it. If I look at it from a greater distance I clearly see a red car because the net more or less disappears...

Thats my point.

Maybe I can stack a couple of identical nets on each other so the combined effect will make them look like one from the distance..?

working on it

will update files hopefully over weekend

bk1276

Good! Thank you for that!

I noticed today that there are invisible floors in some camonets. I placed one in a forrest where the ground wasnt level, and I noticed that an AI was walking ~30 cm above ground.

Is it possible to change that? Maybe its part of some necessary LOD (pathway, geolod), I dont know? I hope you can fix it anyway!

Good! Thank you for that!

I noticed today that there are invisible floors in some camonets. I placed one in a forrest where the ground wasnt level, and I noticed that an AI was walking ~30 cm above ground.

Is it possible to change that? Maybe its part of some necessary LOD (pathway, geolod), I dont know? I hope you can fix it anyway!

Try sinking the tent down slightly. That's what I do.

In the tent's Init line type this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) -0.5];

with variations on the amount you take away from the height.

Good idea! But the best would be to fix the models.

basic nets updated page one

Thanks for the update bk1276! Would be nice if you could add some view geometry LOD in future version so the AI can't see clearly thru the cammo nets.

And kudos to RKSL for making the OFP versions and also allowing you to convert them to ArmA!

/KC

KeyCat

thank you for pointing out geometry LOD to me just figured it out and hopefull another update soon

El nino Foxhound

thank you for provideing a great service

bk1276

KeyCat

thank you for pointing out geometry LOD to me just figured it out and hopefull another update soon

bk1276

LOL, it was me adding a VB object over the nets that kicked this thread off again biggrin_o.gif

It works great with VB applied BK, did you see the vid? The VB object was just a simple cube that almost covers the tent.

In fact I was looking into VB LODs (which sadly I don't think is possible) so that from a great distance soldiers immediately surrounding them should be occluded, but closer (say <500m) then the smaller VB LOD kicks in and any enemy roving patrol would see items outside the tent. I think this would have been a realistic use of camouflage with TrueRangeAI applied.