Sign in to follow this  
shadowze

1.07 beta 8800 GTX texture bug

I'm having the same issue. I have the 8800GTX using the 158 driver. I tried many different drivers and the same thing is happening. I'm also having CTD's that reference not being able to create surface memory and listing different memory block addresses. I wasn't having any problems 1.05. I updated from the Sprocket version if that helps. My buddy has a 7950 he isn't having any problems with the patch. Seems like it's just us 8800 guys. Hope it's fixed in the final sad_o.gif

8800 owners are a very small minority.. but since the beta 1.07 is out we only hear them... smile_o.gif New card.. unfinished drivers... maybe BIS need to work a lot to make ARMA perfect.. but nvidia too smile_o.gif

rofl.gif

Sorry not complaining, just listing an issue hoping it gets fixed in the final. I find no use of complaining in forums. It's not a new card though, it's been out for 6 months.

Post the bug to the BTS system.

Thank you, I believe that solved my problems. I'm a happy Arma junkie again!!!

Update: I'm not a happy Arma junkie again sad_o.gif The texture problems are still happening no matter what I set it to 8, 16, 32. I have figured out that when the problem happens if I change resolutions and then change back everything is fine, but it keeps reoccuring multiple times an hour. Sometimes it crashes the game, so it's not a great work around. Also I have noticed that when these problems happen the action menu becomes unusable. I can open it up but scrolling my mouse wheel does nothing, which makes getting in or out of vehicles quite frustrating.

Same texture problem

textures2.JPG

Dont blame nvidia cause I have no prblems with any of the other 7 games I have installed

Come on fix it please

Dont blame nvidia cause I have no prblems with any of the other 7 games I have installed

Well don't 100% blame BIS either, I'm not seeing this issue.

Maybe u should consider un-installing those other 7 games that are conflicting wink_o.gif

Suma has already stated that ist an Nvidia issue with the 8800 drivers, they are working with nvidia on the issue.

And if you read the release notes with the drivers you can clearly see that hundreds (not just 7) of games work excellently, yet some require specific changes in a driver to ensure full compatability.

The Nvidia graphics driver is very complex, so much so that nvidia cannot iron out all the bugs, untill new software exposes an unidentified issue.

Here is an example

• GeForce 8800 GTX: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion–animation is visible through the trees when HDR and NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing are enabled. [296265]

Fixed in 158.18

seems ppl here are more wanted to have a detailed info on whats going on through

Gnat @ May 13 2007,06:46)]

Well don't 100% blame BIS either, I'm not seeing this issue.

Maybe u should consider un-installing those other 7 games that are conflicting  wink_o.gif

So why was it ok in 1.05?

- HDRPrecision set to "16"

- nonlocalvram set to "0"

- using textures set to "high"

...fixed the texture/lod horror for me.

GF 8800GTS - Forceware 165.01 beta - WinXP

MfG Lee

Arrrgh I copied your settings Lee_H and no hdd spam or texture errors but then I get the dreaded CTD instead.

banghead.gif

*sigh* hdd spam is back knew it was too good to be true.

Guys, I don't know if this is similar to the probs or not - but since putting in 1.07 I'm getting bad colours when the sunlight is on the other side of things...ACU goes almost black, but take a look at this hummer...

badcolours.jpg

Am running 2x 8800 GTX with .5818 driver

Thanks fellas, please help if you can wink_o.gif

Guys, I don't know if this is similar to the probs or not - but since putting in 1.07 I'm getting bad colours when the sunlight is on the other side of things...ACU goes almost black, but take a look at this hummer...

badcolours.jpg

Am running 2x 8800 GTX with .5818 driver

Thanks fellas, please help if you can wink_o.gif

this post contained info that helped my 800gts problem. as simple as changing hdr setting. see halfway down http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=62515

I've been playing the sprocket version of 1.05 for a couple of months without any texture problems at all. I use an 8800GTX and Vista 32-bit. Since I love the game and I want to support BIS as much as possible I decided to buy the Atari version (V.1.06) when it became avaliable here in the U.S. I installed the game, and set it up exactly like my old sprocket version (everything to "very high") and my textures looks just like Craigs screenshot... Completely unplayable. Frame rates seem ok, but If I try to exit the game, it hangs up. I'm using the same nvidia drivers as before (158.18) so I am unconvinced that this is a driver issue. Something on the BIS side definitely broke since 1.05.

I'm glad that I'm not the only 8800 user who is having this problem. I'm about to try the .cfg "fix" to see if that does anything.

Quote[/b] ]

Excellent, that did indeed fix the problem.  I kept my "very high" texture setting and it still works great.

Perhaps a little nener.gif for all the nvidia/8800 haters is in order.

Quote[/b] ]

Excellent, that did indeed fix the problem. I kept my "very high" texture setting and it still works great.

Perhaps a little nener.gif for all the nvidia/8800 haters is in order.

I had to set the textures to at least high, and with HDRPrecision set to 32 and nonlocalvram set to 0, it is working great, no LOD issues at all. I was simply amazed. I have shadows on normal - anything higher than normal, brings back LOD/texture issues.

EDIT:

Another interesting part: when playing 1.05, nonlocalvram always goes higher than 0, while in 1.07beta, nonlocalvram always stays at 0. Furthermore, when playing 1.07beta, localvram is double the size when playing in 1.05.

Also, with shadows at normal, setting HDRprecision at 8, 16, or 32, does not effect the LOD, only the looks. Certainly i prefer 16 or 32 as it looks more realistic than the 8 setting.

Where do I get the 1.07 beta patch for this?

Also I get texture problems and CTDs at random points. Also my jets from that one mission where you fly are an explosion of polygons with a pilot sitting in the middle.

Here is my system:

Windows Vista Ultimate

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2.40 Ghz 4MB L2 Cache 1066 MHz FSB

EVGA nForce 680i Motherboard

Patriot 4GB DDR2 6400 800Mhz (4x 1GB Modules)

EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTX 768MB (SLI)

EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTX 768MB (SLI)

Maxtor 500GB Serial ATA 7200 16MB Buffer (RAID ARRAY 0)

Maxtor 500GB Serial ATA 7200 16MB Buffer (RAID ARRAY 0)

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

Thermaltake Armor

Cooler Master 850W Real Power Pro

22" Samsung SyncMaster 226BW

Creative Inspire T5400

Ideazon MERC Gaming Keyboard

Ideazon Reaper Gaming Mouse

This is pretty much the only game Ive had major issues with.