Sign in to follow this  
shadowze

1.07 beta 8800 GTX texture bug

I had everthing at max. and i have to say no don´t have those probs not on XP and not on Vista 32bit.

Have you tried 158.18 for Vista?

Or have you had a look at your GPU Temps. while playing? Maybe your card is overheating.

greets

Pretty sure I am not overheating as no alarms are going off. Was on 158.18, but switched to 158.43 once the problems began as many suggested. Maybe I will try to switch back.

I still think its the game. pistols.gif

Okay now I know it is not a GPU hardware issue. I exchanged my 8800 today, still same issues. Less of a texture problem, more of the polygonal spiking and CTDs.

Thank you for feedback.

New hotfix 5157 available now!

The problem on GF8800 in 1.07 was identified. We apreciate feedback to this new beta that hopefully addressed it.

FYI: The problem is related to an issue specific to GF8800 drivers: texture allocation granularity equal to 64KBytes (on other cards it's usually 256Bytes) which still means texture memory usage is not as efficient as it could be (with significant fragmentation) but it should be acceptable now in the new beta (similar to performance of 5151 on those cards).

This is all well and good, but it doesn't work with the digital download!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!