Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

1.07 has improoved performance and FPS wise in the odd forest and cities, but I get get this texture bug.

arma-gah.jpg

Specs are;

XP Home

AMD Athlon X2 4200

1gb RAM

8800GTX w/ 158.22 Drivers

texture thing seems to be an issue with 8800s. I have a 8800gts and am suffering from the same issue

My first impression of 1.07 beta is that the changes seem to be pretty good.

Few notes:

1. M203 sights are static..blech.. this is a half fix. Also they don't fold down. Still nice.

2. TOW missiles are guideable, but the optics don't zoom nearly enough, the missile leaves a horrendous and unrealistic smoke trail, and the missile tracking is overly sensitive, doing crazy zig zags. Also I think the full 3.7km range is not realized, missile loses control and hits ground at approx the 2.5km mark.

3. Glad the reload-from-zero ammo bug is addressed but only half fixed. Shoot off a mag and a half of Stryker Mk19 ammo and try to rearm... only fills the current mag and not even all the way 47/48. So if you have 0 rounds reloading can only get you 47 rounds, nevermind the 48x4 rounds it started with or the 430 rounds that the real stryker carries!

4. View distance fog thingy works great now.

this HDR bug i had in 1.05 beta too :/

even worse, when i fire , there is darkening :/

HDR is the weakest point of ARMA

I have got a 8800GTS.

1. After installing the 1.07Beta patch every time i started Arma it looks like this:

arma%201.07-3.jpgarma%201.07-4.jpg

There are others missing textures like pictures on the map, pictures and text from the briefing etc.

Sometimes the (some) textures are loading after a while. Most times they are loading after switch to desktop or after switching textures detail from low to nornal and from nornal to low.

2. After

- about the 3rd time switching to desktop.

or

- about the 10th time pressing Escape in editor.

or

- everytime pressing Escape in multiplayer (connected to a server and creating a local multiplayer game)

the game switched to receiving.... and receifing...without end. From this time on the harddrive was working until i killed the ArmA prozess. One time i waited 10 minutes befor killing the prozess. The harddrive was working all the time without stop.

After changing the texture details to high and restarting the game all this problems seems to be gone.

I have got a 8800GTS.

1. After installing the 1.07Beta patch every time i started Arma it looks like this:

There are others missing textures like pictures on the map, pictures and text from the briefing etc.

Sometimes the (some) textures are loading after a while. Most times they are loading after switch to desktop or after switching textures detail from low to nornal and from nornal to low.

2. After

- about the 3rd time switching to desktop.

or

- about the 10th time pressing Escape in editor.

or

- everytime pressing Escape in multiplayer (connected to a server and creating a local multiplayer game)

the game switched to receiving.... and receifing...without end. From this time on the harddrive was working until i killed the ArmA prozess. One time i waited 10 minutes befor killing the prozess. The harddrive was working all the time without stop.

After changing the texture details to high and restarting the game all this problems seems to be gone.

I have the same exact issue with 8800GTS 640mb version using 160.03 driver.

Another go on with a clear install without addons. Game runs faster. But now I get strecthing polygons from time to time (GeForce 7900). With 8800 it is a total mess with LODS and texture flickering.

I have a funny feeling that the game was released at least half a year too early.

1.07 is working great for me no errors. the new NV is ALOT better I can see at night now :-0

no more ammo bug as well. I havent got the mem error 8007000E yet and the game looks better and runs better for me too. Testing out all the guns and mods its great too I did have the no main weapon bug at first but fixed it. oh yeah and I use the sprocket version so it works fine on it I did have to put my ref and user info in though.

Some great improvements in this patch biggrin_o.gif

I like the new improved M16A4, it looks much better now. It would be nice though if the M203 leaf sight folded down when not using it, it obstructs some of the view when looking through ironsights.

Also I had some Abrams tanks that couldn't find their way around some buildings in Bagango, they were just trying to drive through the building but of course they couldn't move. The squad was all AI.

Also what's up with the joystick controls that I can't change? It is irritating, I hope it gets fixed in the final version of the patch.

after all the probs I hear about with 8800 and arma and alot of other games I'm glad I didnt spend $600 on that card like I was going to.

My 8800GTX works fantastic in all my other games...just not this one.

Sorry this has to be a game specific problem.

Funny and I bought this card just for ArmA too...

1. M203 sights are static..blech.. this is a half fix. Also they don't fold down. Still nice.

You (all people who requested these sights) were warned about the engine limitations, you should have known any GL sights would be static, but you still asked for them. You can't change your mind now, so you're stuck with the crappy in-the-way GL sights.

Quote[/b] ]3. Glad the reload-from-zero ammo bug is addressed but only half fixed. Shoot off a mag and a half of Stryker Mk19 ammo and try to rearm... only fills the current mag and not even all the way 47/48. So if you have 0 rounds reloading can only get you 47 rounds, nevermind the 48x4 rounds it started with or the 430 rounds that the real stryker carries!

And how would you suggest this is done? For one, vehicles have unlimited magazine slots, so you can't just 'fill them up' like you would with infantry weapons. When you deplete one and reload another the empty ones vanish, just the same as infantry weapons, and the game won't have a memory of every single magazine you had at one point. I suppose it could reference the vehicle's config and use the default loadout to know what number of magazines to add, but that might piss off quite a few scripters and mission makers who like to change the vehicles' weapons in game and in the editor.

Quote[/b] ]My 8800GTX works fantastic in all my other games...just not this one.

Usually it is the older cards that get no support tounge2.gif But no. Not with ArmA...

Quote[/b] ]My 8800GTX works fantastic in all my other games...just not this one.

Usually it is the older cards that get no support tounge2.gif But no. Not with ArmA...

I agree with that 1.05 came out and alot of people with older cards got better performance and i was down x1950xtx then with the beta 1.05 ran fine, no its crap with 1.07.

You (all people who requested these sights) were warned about the engine limitations, you should have known any GL sights would be static, but you still asked for them. You can't change your mind now, so you're stuck with the crappy in-the-way GL sights.

Quote[/b] ]3. Glad the reload-from-zero ammo bug is addressed but only half fixed. Shoot off a mag and a half of Stryker Mk19 ammo and try to rearm... only fills the current mag and not even all the way 47/48. So if you have 0 rounds reloading can only get you 47 rounds, nevermind the 48x4 rounds it started with or the 430 rounds that the real stryker carries!

And how would you suggest this is done? For one, vehicles have unlimited magazine slots, so you can't just 'fill them up' like you would with infantry weapons. When you deplete one and reload another the empty ones vanish, just the same as infantry weapons, and the game won't have a memory of every single magazine you had at one point. I suppose it could reference the vehicle's config and use the default loadout to know what number of magazines to add, but that might piss off quite a few scripters and mission makers who like to change the vehicles' weapons in game and in the editor.

I understand that BIS is still figuring stuff out and having the pos/vector and the barrel pos/vector fully dynamic with respect to each other is out their current abilities.

Currently the riflebarrel has a pivot point somewhere near your shoulder... couldn't we have the same thing for the 203 launcher but have the pivot point be your front hand? Viewpoint is defined in the playercharacter or the weapon? Because it should be in the player. M16s don't have eyeballs, people do.

Now the reload bug is EASY to fix. While the multi-mag static gun is being rearmed, the game checks if it has as many mags as are defined in the config. When to stop adding mags? Easy! When the mags equals the number that is in the config! The game knows this already!

Scripters be damned, you can still overload the weapon magazines with scripts (or underload), just the default support ammo truck would only fill to the default unit mag number.

Fist of all, patches change the engine, so engine limitations are not relevant here. Also, there is no 'engine limitation' here. Animations on weapons are possible, although it may require engine changes in a patch to have an animation controlled by the selected firemode.

To you second point, it could set the ammo back to what is set in the vehicle config for each weapon. That's what it seemed to do in OFP so no reason for it to be different here.

"Well its quite simple at the moment if you have an 8800 gfx card do not touch this game you will be majorly disappointed."

Well, I think for us 8800 GTX users it is a coin toss.  I have not had any problems with my 8800 GTX.   Go figure. ArmA runs great. Maxed settings, no AA or AF.

Quote[/b] ]You (all people who requested these sights) were warned about the engine limitations, you should have known any GL sights would be static, but you still asked for them. You can't change your mind now, so you're stuck with the crappy in-the-way GL sights.

Warned by who, where? The developers or people like yourself?

Engine limitations you are talking absolute twaddle! You have no more expertise on the subject matter.

I saw this bug earlier, but it shows very often with 1.07b

ArmA_107b_Terrain.jpg

Looks like the terrain streaming has some problems.

After ~1 second this bug is gone, but few hundret meters away it shows again.

Is this widescreen ( 16:10 ) releated or another ArmA/GF8800 problem?

MfG Lee

Lee, how come you still have the fog bug? It´s gone here with the 165.01 drivers.