Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

BUG with the RHIB:

When you play as a gunner, you can't move or aim both in first person and third person. You are just stuck... UNLESS you press V to be in "aim" mode...

Try it, it will make more sense to you.

Nobody has the same problem ? ? ? help.gif

Happens for me with T72 (not with RHIB).

1) Place yourself as gunner in T72

2) Turn out

3) Try to look around

Can be fixed by switching to external view (Enter has to be pressed twice for some reason) and back.

Anyone else noticed that you can fire your M249 after trwing a grenade? I kept pressing the firebutton for no reason and the rifle went off while the animation was switching or something.

Anyone involved with this thread from the start would doubtless have noticed my rantings about the flight model being screwed by 1.07.

I must now eat some humble pie and apologise...

re: What the he**

I have JUST discovered that in patching, the joystick sensitivity settings that I had adjusted in the user.ArmAProfile file had been overwritten somehow - presumably by the new patch..?

I have now reset the Z-axis settings back to 1.000000 again (they had been put back to 0.500000 somehow......!wink_o.gif

And the thing is flying roughly the same as it was in 1.05+ beta again. Do values higher than 1.000000 work to increase it, or would that be ignored, or worse crash things??

So:  my unreserved apologies to everyone (especially BIS) for accusing them of screwing the FM further - if anything it seems better somehow in some way I cannot put my finger on.)  But PLEASE if a future install/patch is likely to change settings that users have HAD to tweak using as ancient a tool as notepad - TELL us that they will change, or at least put a note in the forums.

I still think the effect is less than it should be, and it seems odd when pointing only slightly nose-down, the effect of increasing collective to max is too slow to produce lift upwards still.  Hopefully this small niggle can be addressed before 1.07 full version.

Again sorry to all concerned for the shouting, but how was I (or anyone else) to know that the settings were changed???

I do have a question for anyone knowledgeable about the user.Armaprofile ....

This is to be found in the bottom of that file...everyone I have asked says theirs is also a blank class...

class ControllerSchemes

{

};

*** Is this class for defining multiple-controller setups? ***

If so, I and many others could really use some info on how to hack this part of the file to define multiple controllers.  My pedals are still sitting on the floor feeling lonely and neglected since I don't use flightsim much now...

Ma FOV (Field Of View) was completly different to 1.05.

fov.jpg

Today i found the reason:

I deleted all Keybindings in ArmA (like i do in every Game). This works fine with 1.05, bot not with 1.07.

After changing the setting for the action "Zoom in/out" to default, my FOV was correct again (I dont have any TrackIR):

zoominout.jpg

I too must grumble an apology to BIS..  I was flying the AH-6's and having fun....  Only major gripe is the collectives' bandwidth is a bit narrow:  

(EOT) nocontrol..........................some-totalcontrol.....................(EOT)  

But getting used to it..

As for those wondering why you must pitch 'UP' to turn hard in a helo, think of the axis of motion and the angle of the rotor blades in forward flight.  Like a jet, you rotate ~90deg and pull UP for a hard breakturn.  No difference here, if you just bank from level flight, yes you will turn, but only as much as required to offset gravity... Not much.

The AI is a blast now.  Deadly and capable, just not psychic, and not perfect shots..  Nice balance.  The proof to me was the ability to sneak up on a soldier through bushes and crawiling to about 20m before he heard me.  Also being able to shoot from the rear (and miss a few times) at a UAZ with MG and not have him whirl around and snipe me between the eyes, yet he's aware enough to engage in a reasonable fashion.

Lastly, the numerous touchups are noticable, from the metal accent on the end of the tribarrel 20mm on the AH-1z, to the rate of suppression fire, to AI engagement with the LD.   Well done.  notworthy.gif

After changing the setting for the action "Zoom in/out" to default, my FOV was correct again (I dont have any TrackIR):

That fixes the FOV in first person, great!

But with that, the "cheater-zoom" in iron sight view is back. crazy_o.gif

God, I hate such things... If you choose a good thing, you always have to live with a new bad one.

Is there any way to get the right fov in first person + the new iron sight view??

MfG Lee whistle.gif

Please do not make the chopper flightmodel easier/dumbed down.....  confused_o.gif

I suppose this isnt doable, but if it possible keep 1.05 flightmodel in veteran settings..

Jeez, can't they just add two options for flying helos?

Trying to make everyone happy usually either doesn't make anyone happy, or makes happy only the one side.

I vote for the flight model from 1.05, or even more sophisticated one. Why should I agree with simplyfying it? Just because somebody said it's too hard?

@funnyguy1: Was that a reply to my post? As I can read your post in two ways I think its best to ask you funnyguy1 smile_o.gif

1- You misread what I mean and believe that I want you to accept a dumbed down flightmodel (I do not believe this but it can be)

2- You agree with me and express your feelings like I did (probably that was what you ment?)

I totally agree with you and as I read it we have the same view...

That fixes the FOV in first person, great!

But with that, the "cheater-zoom" in iron sight view is back. crazy_o.gif

God, I hate such things... If you choose a good thing, you always have to live with a new bad one.

Is there any way to get the right fov in first person + the new iron sight view??

MfG Lee whistle.gif

somehow i liked the "new" FOV quite a lot, is there a way to change them in weapon config?

Well ive gone back to XP again and the game runs amazing, Vista does not run this game properly. To many crashes etc in Vista and loss of framerates, so XP it is.. pistols.gif

Sorry but, aftere reading this discussion, I've a question...

Do I have to install the new beta patch (I'm with 1.05) or not?

smile_o.gif

(My Config:

P. 3.4. Prescott

Ati 1950 pro 512

2 Gb Ram)

Edit: My config

Quote[/b] ]# T72 and Abrams turret elevation and depression modified to match realistic values

The T72 maximum elevation should be 14 degrees, Abrams something under 20(?). In ArmA 1.07b they can both aim up to about 70 degrees above horizontal!!

fov.jpg

Today i found the reason:

I deleted all Keybindings in ArmA (like i do in every Game). This works fine with 1.05, bot not with 1.07.

zoominout.jpg

i had this craziness in zoom too. but in my case i just bought trackIR and didn't like the head zoom so i deleted the settings in control config. guess it made me zoomed out all the time and too hard to see..

p><p>[img]<a href=http://www.gdt-server.com/heinbloed/zoominout.jpg[/img

i had this craziness in zoom too. but in my case i just bought trackIR and didn't like the head zoom so i deleted the settings in control config. guess it made me zoomed out all the time and too hard to see..

it is easy to change, just turn off the Z axis in your TIR soft http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/wink_o.gif' alt='wink_o.gif'>

p.s. plz dont quote pic, not all ppl here have boradband

Boratband? I didn't know Borat had launch his ISP service wink_o.gif

Boratband? I didn't know Borat had launch his ISP service wink_o.gif

what!? you cant let ppl to have typo? nener.gif

Come on, don`t take it that hard.

Borat Band is a good one, imagine what it could be. wink_o.gif

Anyway`s, i have 2x Broadband connections, but quoting pic`s is not allowed. whistle.gif

I know it's a board rule not to quote pics... but it's not to save bandwidth. If I post 5 of the same picture:

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Do you really think the browser downloads the picture 5 times? crazy_o.gif No! It just downloads it once and displays it 5 times. It is only a problem when the same picture is quoted on a different page (and even them oftentimes it's cached by the browser).

It`s not only because of file size, we don`t want more pic`s than writing in every thread.

It would look strange, if anyone would quote pic`s. wink_o.gif

What if we get back on topic?

Anyone likes the new tank comander MG sights (turned out)?

Really... UAZ's, HMMWV's and M113's have good working sights and thats how they should be on the tanks too, i dont like the workaround BIS came up with.