Sign in to follow this  
AgentJonathan

OFP Nerds n' Geeks

Iv'e always wondered what the OFP player most often does when he plays OFP.

Do you normally play the campaign(s)? Or how about Single Missions, or Online Multiplayer? The Mission editor?

It's all you! All your choice! yay.gif

Your choices are above... smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I have a decent amount of addons. When I try to play MP, I never have the addons required. So I stick with the editor and singleplayer.

I play MP almost every night, play my own editor-and-out-of-editor SP missions every now and again And sometimes make MP ones for Hawknam server... (but only one is even remotly half baked), and am currently re-playing the Res campaign...

Mission Editor, or mp on a LAN if I have a decent mission.

Mission editor, as OFP most famous motto sais:

Quote[/b] ]With the easy-to-use editor, the only limit is your imagination

tounge2.gif

Mission editor for me.. but now that ArmA is around I am neglecting OFP biggrin_o.gif

...Looks at person above him...ah what the hell for the good old times  nener.gif

Don't ban me  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Anyways on topic,

I play mostly online in MP. But i also make missions a lot in the editor, but they are mostly also MP. So as ya can't choose both 'editor' and 'multiplayer' i choose just the last thing. So it's MP for me.  smile_o.gif

p.s. ArmA is still a no for me. Compy can't handle it.

Mission Editor here as well... guess it's the best the game has to offer, apart from MP fun, which is somewhat impossible for me atm...

If I had to choose a second fave, it would be Campaign. Especially when you have Grunt One...

Tis a gooooood campaign...

Only thing though: Single missions bore me. smile_o.gif

Online MP is a blast, but I kept gettin kicked off the server for slow dial up... sad_o.gif

I never have all the files for most of the games in the multiplayer lobby, but I play what I can. I've beaten all the campaigns and the custom ones don't interest me. Occasionally I'll download some addons and make some of my own things in editor. For example, today I made myself part of a LegaMod bomber squadron and attacked a small area filled with a lot of Flak cannons. Most of my 7-plane group went down pretty quickly, but before I got shot down I escaped and killed some people on the ground. Then I was blown up by a Flak. I find these things amusing (I don't know how to make the simplest "walk here and you win" mission, I make do with what I have).

Single player missions, unlike the campaign missions, aren't story driven and thus lose a lot of the appeal for me. I sometimes play the Humvee race one, it's fun.

I think multiplayer gets my vote.

Humvee race? I think that one's retarded... crazy_o.gif

Lone Wolf, and Bomberman were the only ones that I cared about...

Humvee race? I think that one's retarded... crazy_o.gif

Lone Wolf, and Bomberman were the only ones that I cared about...

Whilst one may agree that the Humvee race mission isn't the best mission OFP has to offer, I'd say it is interesting for OFP to show that it can also provide missions that are not combat related, therefore I wouldn't say it is "retarded", although it is not difficult to win...

One thing is funny though - most people in OFP prefer to play with the editor, and one of the few things that BIS nailed right in ArmA was the editor - and that wouldn't be too hard to do right anyway... tounge2.gif

I also do like that night shadow mission, but i never beat it... confused_o.gif

I'm slowly running out of ideas in the editor, so I am making a crime campaign right now... and I make non combat base ground examples... smile_o.gif

[EDIT] [ZG]Buzzard, Is your sig a G.I. Joe or something? Cuz it looks like it... No offense, GI Joe is sometimes cool. biggrin_o.gif [/EDIT]

Mission Editor, trying out addons (not so much anymore) and playing multiplayer. CTI mostly smile_o.gif

Seems like most people do the same I do, and I always thought I'm weird (not that I wouldn't be but at least I'm "normal" in that sense") because most of my OFP time goes in the mission editor playing/creating my own missions. I love it because I always get to do "how about I put this MG nest here and give myself this weapon instead of that one" which I can't do in SP/MP/Campaign missions.

[EDIT] [ZG]Buzzard, Is your sig a G.I. Joe or something? Cuz it looks like it... No offense, GI Joe is sometimes cool. biggrin_o.gif [/EDIT]

biggrin_o.gif Yeah, it's Monkeywrench, a Dreadnok/Cobra guy that I just find is too good to be forgotten... Like him I enjoy loud explosions and am not fond of spiders... rofl.gif

haw figgers, a cobra guy! I like Destro, and Storm Shadow.

One sad thing though. NO DEATH IN GI JOE!

Probably because it was a kid show thumbs-up.gif

@Edit=I don't much mind spiders, but I sure as heck don't want one in the shower when I'm about to get in it. biggrin_o.gifrofl.gif

I hate ALL bees. banghead.gifcrazy_o.gif

quoting dynamite_cow:

Seems like most people do the same I do, and I always thought I'm weird

end quote

You are wierd for naming yourself Dynamite_cow! rofl.gif

Just leave out the cow. YOU'RE NO COW! biggrin_o.gif

Now that's a long story behind that name, actually, it's such a long story I don't even remember it myself. Don't use that nick too much anymore actually, I guess I should change it on this forum too. tounge2.gif

Naw dude, It's okay to be wierd... Makes you more unique. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

One of my friends think I'm a wierdo for naming myself AgentJonathan. rofl.gif