Sign in to follow this  
JanMasterson

2, shut up, now! ()

ofpthor released his Voice Quiet Mod for ArmA.

It drastically reduce the response time of your AI teammates in combat as they won't have to verbally acknowledge the orders first.

(it also add stealthness since you don't hear anymore the IA shouting "2, ROGER!" biggrin_o.gif)

Source:

http://armed-assault.net/news/2-shut-up-now.html

Jan

Ah, very nice!

Thx a lot for this goody! thumbs-up.gif

MfG Medicus

How would this work in MP?

Would everyone else still hear what should be my voice or would they hear nothing from me? Also would I hear their voices or would I hear nothing?

Anyway thanks shall try this out. Never really liked the random changes in tone and volume of the ArmA sounds.

How would this work in MP?

Would everyone else still hear what should be my voice or would they hear nothing from me? Also would I hear their voices or would I hear nothing?

Anyway thanks shall try this out. Never really liked the random changes in tone and volume of the ArmA sounds.

If they dont have the addon they will hear you, but you wont hear them.

How about the direct voice VON channel? (Assuming it gets fixed next patch.)

Good stuff here.

This is a GREAT addon - at last, VBS voices! (ie, no voices!wink_o.gif Hey yah!

Quote[/b] ]If they dont have the addon they will hear you, but you wont hear them.

Thanks.

I may actually start trying to convert the OFP voices into ArmA. IMO they were much better, straight forward no un needed added bits and they actually sounded like they were part of the same sentence.

Quote[/b] ]If they dont have the addon they will hear you, but you wont hear them.

Thanks.

I may actually start trying to convert the OFP voices into ArmA. IMO they were much better, straight forward no un needed added bits and they actually sounded like they were part of the same sentence.

i am looking forward to it xmas_o.gif

Yes, that would be very nice. The English sounds in the US release SUCK. sad_o.gif

Dont get your hopes up though. I have lack of time at the moment so I dont know when i might get round to doing it (if i do that is)

biggrin_o.gif we wont rush anything, really, take your time or just let us know if you dont have time

I do see this as a way to cheat in side vs side MP games with player-commanded AI. If someone plays with these files, their units would quite possibly out-react that of the enemy AI's as they arent dependant on relaying information to you before they can execute an action.

Jahve it's not cheating, it's just telling your boys to shut up and do what you tell them rofl.gif

Now all i need is a better UI for the AI... or at least a way to bind seperate often used commands to keys. some of the menu's are rather annoying, like the action menu. there should be some actions that are always static, but this is not the case :/ an example is trying to get the AI to do the 'Gear' command. sometimes its position 2, sometimes you have to hit the 'more' to switch pages... i find this annoying because i cant bind my voice commands to it... i already have most of the commands set for voice commands using Shoot 1.6. if anyone knows how to make it so i can access commands seperately let me know.

an example is the fact that ther is no 'follow command'? yet in the training mission is specifically calls out 'all follow 1' at the begining? hidden commands me thinks?

As an extreme example of what munky is talking about, supose you have your squad each carrying a mine, and you want to use them to block off access to a road right?

So you set your formation to line, look down the road and tell your people to return to formation to get the formation pointing the right way.

You then have to tell each and every man to place their mine individually, and it's often not in the same spot in the action menu. This is pretty damn burdonsome if you have a column of tanks approaching...

Anyways, back on topic:

What exactly does this make them not say? Is it don't say anything or just drop the acknowledgements?

they dont say anything. i have found it makes my own character not say anything either. not sure if thats a bug, but i dont mind it to be honest. makes determining who is talking on teamspeak easier. tho one thing i did find annoying is that on the mod "Evolution 1.5" if someone requests to join your squad, you will not hear it.

i never thought of the mine thing, usually i just order them to move to the spot using the tactical overview(for me, double tap spacebar), or just point and click. once theyre in position i have them drop mines, or satches, or whatever.

it would also be nice if the "Gear" command wasnt so clunky. i keep telling my guys to do the gear command at the ammo crate but somehow my character ends up sayin 'at that barrel at 8 o clock'

noticed this also makes my guys react to my commands faster. if i say "all report" they all report at the same time practically.

Could be just me, but I would prefer if they just said less.

You know, keep the chatter to a minimum.

The reports position can stand to be silenced, but if they're injured or out of ammo, I prefer if they told me.

Saying roger after every command I give is annoying. But I would prefer if they called out hostiles.

I think you get the idea.

I'll probably end up customising it, depending on how they did it.

this addon generates a gigantic list of errors in the ArmA rpt file. It would be cool if you could set it so it does not create any errors.

Like CSL said, I'd prefer the AI to just point to enemy contacts and some information. Is MAP addon doing this or is it cutting out all AI voices ?

Malick

Woohoo, nearly 6 years to get 300 posts... ! yay.gif

Like CSL said, I'd prefer the AI to just point to enemy contacts and some information. Is MAP addon doing this or is it cutting out all AI voices ?

Malick

Woohoo, nearly 6 years to get 300 posts... ! yay.gif

MAP´s addon does the same, just better. Smaller filesize and no rpt errors to be exact.