Sign in to follow this  
inthecutt

New 8800 driver released,  XP only

Your fog issue should have been fixed with the latest arma patch. This isnt something Nvidia can help you with.

Page not found on that link whistle.gif

Never mind i'm tired . Your message has a type with URL tags lol crazy_o.gif

fixed the link..

8800 still had problems with fog so what your saying is complete bullocks. thats whats keep half of us from buying a 8800.. so do the the research before posting.

fixed the link..

8800 still had problems with fog so what your saying is complete bullocks. thats whats keep half of us from buying a 8800.. so do the the research before posting.

I own a 8800 GTX so I do know what Im talking about. Ive spent hours on the phone with both BFG and Nvidia and this isnt something Nvidia is going to fix. At least thats what I have been told. So go ahead and "bullocks" the guys at Nvidia, Im just a 8800 GTX user trying to tell you what Ive been told. You wanted a 8800 users opinion, you got one, sorry I didnt tell you what you wanted to hear.

If the fog was an nvidia issue why did the last Arma patch fix the fog?

....arma before the beta patch fog_arma_retail_105.jpg

.....arma with the beta patch fog_arma_beta_5142.jpg

2 different issues.

BIS fixed the "fog" issue that affected all video cards and their view distance.

The fog as it relates to the 8800 is more of a "haze". The patch obviously improved the overall fog issue. But the 8800 still has a haze effect. If you own one and that's all you use you probably won't notice it (and good for you). I was looking to upgrade to one, but am hesitant to do so because of that issue.

In order to avoid confusion...maybe we can call the 8800 issue a haze issue instead of fog, because the fog is now fixed. Also, the haze issue is not limited to Arma. HL 2 and other games have the same issue.

2 different issues.

BIS fixed the "fog" issue that affected all video cards and their view distance.

The fog as it relates to the 8800 is more of a "haze". The patch obviously improved the overall fog issue. But the 8800 still has a haze effect. If you own one and that's all you use you probably won't notice it (and good for you). I was looking to upgrade to one, but am hesitant to do so because of that issue.

In order to avoid confusion...maybe we can call the 8800 issue a haze issue instead of fog, because the fog is now fixed. Also, the haze issue is not limited to Arma. HL 2 and other games have the same issue.

Yes the fog issue has been corrected with beta 10km VD now works fine, before we had a max range on a 8800 of about 2-3km.

But we still have haze on the 8800 that others cards don't. That one looks like Nvidia only can cure.

It's still 8800-ArmA compatibility issue. I have 7900GS and I can put draw distance on 4-6 km without any problem, lags, bad textures or sth like that.

So anyone any performance reports etc. etc. instead of trying to prove that we do have a haze issue that non 8800  users dont have wink_o.gif

Btw, this is an old driver, from 23 february 2007...

The Newer reported Beta's like the 101.02's are from somewhen Mid-March etc!

I installed it for my 8800GTS and can't see any noticeable change in ArmA. (Using ArmA beta patch).

Well this driver is dated from febuary so it's probably older than the beta drivers, well done nvidia you screwed up again.

One things for sure - my next GPU is ATI.

whistle.gif

Well this driver is dated from febuary so it's probably older than the beta drivers, well done nvidia you screwed up again.

whistle.gif

.... They always release official drivers after weeks of testing....   or you would want them to write a new driver and release it directly without testing? (Driver date+Release Date on the same day??).

But I agree though, im also thinking about going for ATI next time wink_o.gif

Well, it's funny to see NVIDIA users going to buy as a next

card an ATI, while on the other side ATI users saying to buy

as a next card an NVIDIA. biggrin_o.gif

The issues will be found everywhere no matter what brand you choose. wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

Well, it's funny to see NVIDIA users going to buy as a next

card an ATI, while on the other side ATI users saying to buy

as a next card an NVIDIA.  biggrin_o.gif

The issues will be found everywhere no matter what brand you choose. wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

it's elite style conspiracy from marketing staff on AMD.ATI and NVIDIA smile_o.gif

Actually I had 9800pro, X850pro then X1900XT with no problems before I stupidly got this 8800gts..

Anyway these official drivers officially suck:

101.2 beta = 4120 armamark

97.94 = 3482

Also had weird LOD issues in the official ones..

2 different issues.

that exactly what i meant. i was hoping this new driver may help resolve the issues so many people complained about because my card is arriving in the next few days.

Quote[/b] ]101.2 beta = 4120 armamark

97.94 = 3482

Also had weird LOD issues in the official ones..

see what i meant about performance issues

so it seems based on your armamark without knowing your setup its a combination of an nvidia/arma issue when it comes to haze/performance issues

banghead.gif

Fog or no fog, haze or no haze.

I love my 8800 GTX.  yay.gif

Having owned a couple of ATI cards and a few Nvidia cards.........they both have issues with different games and sims.

While I listen to people whine about FPS drops in cities, I am running aroud in Pariso playing Evolution, FPS mid to high 30's.

Everything set to high, except textures normal.

I'll deal with the haze.  smile_o.gif

whistle.gif

.... They always release official drivers after weeks of testing....   or you would want them to write a new driver and release it directly without testing? (Driver date+Release Date on the same day??).

But I agree though, im also thinking about going for ATI next time wink_o.gif

Would it be any different than it is now? They regularly break things in NEWER drivers while fixing other things.

Fog or no fog, haze or no haze.

I love my 8800 GTX. yay.gif

Having owned a couple of ATI cards and a few Nvidia cards.........they both have issues with different games and sims.

While I listen to people whine about FPS drops in cities, I am running aroud in Pariso playing Evolution, FPS mid to high 30's.

Everything set to high, except textures normal.

I'll deal with the haze. smile_o.gif

im pleased with my 8800 performance. It certainly ran wow and coh and Hl2 and fear at high res with 4x-8x aa and no slow down.

I dread to think what ARMA runs like on anything buy at 8800, new beta cleared the fog and the 8800 can run 10km view distance while flying at 30 fps at 1600x1024. Post Process, Terrain settings and very high AA can slow it down it doesn't even blink at everything else high.

in new beta texture very high causes some slow down but things look even sharper with the new xp drivers!

As ARMA and nvidia patches arrive these year this performance should only improve!

so what are the best drivers right now for arma 101.2 beta or 97.94 i have a 8800gts.

so what are the best drivers right now for arma 101.2 beta or 97.94 i have a 8800gts.

101.2 by far.

my system = E6600, P5B, 2gb, 8800gts

Well guys, talking about drivers for the 8800gtx, the ones that i use for some time now are 100.87 (winxp 32bit), finally im able to play the game. Not in a perfect way but i with these ones i get the best performance/quality ratio. Im not using the beta patch, still in 1.05. Please check them and give some feedback.

My comp is a E6600 oc at 3.6ghz, 2gigs ram and the 8800gtx.

Could someone be so kind på post a PM to me with links to the variouse 100+ version drivers.

I'm running a 3.4 gig Pentium D

2 gig 800mhtz DDR2 RAM

8800GTX

a good clean highend Mobo

And I can't get more than 34 frames in arma with most on high.

In a fast moving chopper it even stutters. that just can't be right,

Welcome to the 8800GTX + ArmA Club! biggrin_o.gif

Well it's the same to me. I don't think there is any driver who can fix this problem.

It's just ArmA!