Sign in to follow this  
M.Andersson(SWE)

Jet Fighters

No it's up to Franze when he wants to release it, and I'm just doing some texture work for him.  I figured the SH's needed a real tactically correct scheme.  It's still just WIP at the moment though.  I just started work on it yesterday, and that's pretty much what I could get out as I got other things going on as well.

And yes it's a HARM. Franze has got some slick stuff going on. So if you've used the OFP version, then this one isn't any different.

Arma8.jpg

Arma9.jpg

These are AMRAAMs:

Arma10.jpg

Arma11.jpg

Arma12.jpg

Arma13.jpg

If there's one thing I've hated, is USN Camo for Hornets, or just overall, just a pain!

Hey guys. The likelyhood of the different countrys in Sahra to be able to afford these aircraft, and the socio-political ramifications of them being there is all very interesting and all, but what projects are already out there? How many have been completed? Aside from helicopters and retextured/armed existing planes, the only plane addons I've seen are a few small cargo planes, and one or two Cessna-type aircraft.

Disregarding the cost, and real-life likelyhood of these planes actually being there, I'd like to see a hornet, a falcon, or possibly a tomcat. (I imagine the sliding wings would be a challenge to model).

You might as well argue that peaple shouldn't make WWII addons because no countries use vehicles that old any more. ArmA is a combat simulater, but it's also a game, and if an addon enriches your experience, I'm all for it, regardless of realism.

*Edited*

And the F22 Raptor... From what I've read, low payload, but doesn't show up much on radar (easy to incorporate in the config via camoflage setting)

Oh yeah, cool Hornet pics btw... got an ETA for the addon?

I absolutely cannot wait for the F/A-18 to be playable!

Yeah.... there's alot of tweaks me and Franze we're working on so again, ETA is pretty much "whenever", but just working on improving the old OFP model:

Arma17.jpg

Arma16.jpg

This harnets look really good but what can be made to fight vs f18 in Arma? maybe good Mig29? smile_o.gif)))

Nah... the SH just has better curves, though SFC.ITZHAK told me on MSN that he was working on one I believe.

great stuff on the hornets, had a go on the OFP version and loved it!

it's just my personal opinion, but is there any chance you're willing to give those hornets a more 'weathered/used' appearance? i've worked around the real supers myself, and i gotta say, those images on page 8 look like those things have just rolled off the production line and are sitting there unflown! especially in the case of the engine nozzles (which on a normal day, are usually much, much darker than that,  more like this! (clicky)) and landing gear, the whole aircraft looks WAY too clean/new to be on active duty! got some more good close-up reference pics if you want.

cheers

Dont worry.... the weathered appearance is on the way... but Franze has got college, and I've got alot of other texture work going on so this is a WIP whenever we touch it. Franze has got some modelling touchups and as well as I but don't worry, we're working slowly on it.

Any plans for a well designed suite of functions?

Auto/Man Flare/Chaff dispenser

Selectable loadouts

Different types of aircraft destruction (Engines dead/loss of control, everything's on fire ejectable (random time before aircraft blows up), and finally its all into pieces.

Full ejection seat like we had in our aircraft addons for OFP.

TWR (Threat Warning Reciever)

It would be nice if the community would work on a system where players can have AAA/SAM threats show up on a Threat Circle to see the threat level for each.

CBU HOB altitude control to allow changing of the dispersion height so that your CBU's spread out the pattern you need them to.

This is just some of the things that came to mind.

Also, what fighter/strike/bomber is next on the ArmA addon list?

Any plans for a well designed suite of functions?

Auto/Man Flare/Chaff dispenser

Selectable loadouts

Different types of aircraft destruction (Engines dead/loss of control, everything's on fire ejectable (random time before aircraft blows up), and finally its all into pieces.

Full ejection seat like we had in our aircraft addons for OFP.

TWR (Threat Warning Reciever)

It would be nice if the community would work on a system where players can have AAA/SAM threats show up on a Threat Circle to see the threat level for each.

CBU HOB altitude control to allow changing of the dispersion height so that your CBU's spread out the pattern you need them to.

This is just some of the things that came to mind.

Also, what fighter/strike/bomber is next on the ArmA addon list?

1. Haven't checked it out.

2. Fully implemented, working out some bugs.

3. There is a damage system, but not as extensive probably as you want.

4. Implemented

5. Not sure

6. Not sure

Pretty much, whatever is here, is in the ArmA version:

http://www.mechmodels.com/mas....ual.htm

Me and Franze are just touching up some areas.

Arma22.jpg

Arma23.jpg

Redoing the texture for the GBU-16.

Arma25.jpg

Arma26.jpg

Arma27.jpg

Arma28.jpg

Getting some initial texture base setup.

Added more mapping to the E and F:

Arma29.jpg

Arma30.jpg

Arma31.jpg

Arma32.jpg

Just as a side note, if the images EricJ has posted make the jet look squished, not to worry; it hasn't been pancaked.

f18e_grey_121707.jpg

f18e_grey_121707b.jpg

f18e_grey_121707c.jpg