Sign in to follow this  
Call911-AGE-

Can sombody confirm this plz???

"Enhance... enhance... enhance" -makes me instantly think Blade Runner. Now I want to watch that movie. biggrin_o.gif

Great news. It wouldn't take much to push ArmA from "a much beter Operation Flashpoint" to "the Best Thing Ever." I hope BIS pulls it off. smile_o.gif

If they would give the "hog" plus a su-25, Mi-24 and btr-80 i would buy another copy, well... and a few more weapon variants too tounge2.gif .

Do the A-10 AI pilots engage ground targets? If not..then what's the point?

I don't know, let's ask the screenshot! icon_rolleyes.gif

Seriously, could you try to be a little less jaded? BIS has clearly been improving the game with each patch. I see no reason to think that the A-10s won't take out ground targets just fine.

It's sad to see that the reaction from some people is trivial nitpicking or jaded cynicism, that must be a gloomy perspective to live. Better to be one of the people who sees something like this and thinks "Hey, that'll be fun to use!".

UH it's a flying tank in real life so yes would be the answer tounge2.gif the missles are simalar to the hellfires an the gatling gun... well.... you want to be elsewhere if it's fired at you rofl.gif

Yes they engage ANYTHING that moves on the ground, better to kill the wrong people than RTB with ammo unspent eh?

A-10 looks fantastic.

But let's see if ArmA will be playable with the patch that is going to be released with "US ArmA"....

MfG Lee confused_o.gif

does this mean we will have a 1.06 soon?  smile_o.gif

Yes just as soon as it's ready.

I HOPE sooner!

I'm sick of waiting and I want to play this **** game I bought in November 2006!

MfG Lee

Says may 1st for us yanks so hopefully there after will see patch just hope sooner then later unlike 1.05 being cpl weeks after UK release.

I HOPE sooner!

I'm sick of waiting and I want to play this **** game I bought in November 2006!

MfG Lee

Amen

Quote[/b] ]If they would give the "hog" plus a su-25, Mi-24 and btr-80 i would buy another copy

That makes two of us.

Too bad there isn't yet another publisher to give "exclusive content" for, we might actually get it.

Wait, is it out in China ?

Seriously, could you try to be a little less jaded? BIS has clearly been improving the game with each patch. I see no reason to think that the A-10s won't take out ground targets just fine.

It's sad to see that the reaction from some people is trivial nitpicking or jaded cynicism, that must be a gloomy perspective to live. Better to be one of the people who sees something like this and thinks "Hey, that'll be fun to use!".

I don't know, let's ask the screenshot! rofl.gif

Just shot pepsi out my nose. Thanks. My sinuses are on fire now...

Quote[/b] ]If they would give the "hog" plus a su-25, Mi-24 and btr-80 i would buy another copy

That makes two of us.

Too bad there isn't yet another publisher to give "exclusive content" for, we might actually get it.

well theres rumours around and dont shot me if its just hearsay

but for china release we gonna get this baby wink_o.gif

whoa!

chinverswn5.jpg

sry couldnt resist

hope they add a t-80 to the mix east is pretty weak in armour without it

it would be cool if they came up with a radar jamming units for the AA units rofl.gif make it tougher to target hitting tab for red targets is far to easy

most of the time ya gotta take driver out for the vulcans/shilkas to be of any use at all this is probally a good idea for a addon maker i suppose nener.gif

Nah just hearsay Deano!!

Theres no basket on the front! wow_o.gif

Calm down, the question is valid considering the Harrier doesn't.

It wasn't a complaint, it wasn't anything you said it was so calm down.

Quote[/b] ]It's sad to see that the reaction from some people is trivial nitpicking or jaded cynicism, that must be a gloomy perspective to live.

It's sad to see that your first reaction to any kind of question is calling the person a jaded cynical nitpicker. I don't think it's asking to much to have the AI piloting Fighter-Bombers that actually engage ground targets, considering up to this point I haven't seen them do that.

whoa!

sry couldnt resist

Man I just turned into a seagull.

ROFL

It's sad to see that your first reaction to any kind of question is calling the person a jaded cynical nitpicker. I don't think it's asking to much to have the AI piloting Fighter-Bombers that actually engage ground targets, considering up to this point I haven't seen them do that.

Naw, I think that your post was exactly what Dsleyxci pegged it for. It's not a valid point because it's a known problem and it is probably on the bug list. You don't have to complain to us, you can go search for whether or not it's solved for yourself. This post seemed to me to be just picking on an old problem that everyone is aware of. You may feel strongly about it, but I don't know if bringing it up in every discussion about jets in ArmA is really helping anyone. Basically, to at least some of us, you're just coming by and raining on our parade. The a10 is in, and I think that's pretty cool. The AI problems are for a different thread.

Actually I was missing a push-bike in ArmA inlove.gif

The bike is a most under-rated piece of military logistical...thingy...

I agree it was a legitimate question considering the harrier still doesn't function as it should and we are now on ver 1.05, they are not providing a good track record so far with ArmA in releasing additional addons that bloody work in other ways than just eye candy!

But then again they are probably waiting for community members to do their work for them, just as they did with OFP/Res. confused_o.gif

Naw, I think that your post was exactly what Dsleyxci pegged it for.  It's not a valid point because it's a known problem and it is probably on the bug list.  You don't have to complain to us, you can go search for whether or not it's solved for yourself.  This post  seemed to me to be just picking on an old problem that everyone is aware of.  You may feel strongly about it, but I don't know if bringing it up in every discussion about jets in ArmA is really helping anyone.  Basically, to at least some of us, you're just coming by and raining on our parade.  The a10 is in, and I think that's pretty cool.  The AI problems are for a different thread.

I'm not raining on any parade, I asked a question concerning functionality. I feel strongly enough that I don't place any AI controlled air-units in my missions because they don't perform their role, it doesn't in any way hinder my enjoyment of the game. Alls I was saying is whats the point of adding another thing that is only half functional? I'm sorry that your overly defensive interpretation makes what I said come off in some way other than I intended, but that's on you.

Quote[/b] ]Naw, I think that your post was exactly what Dsleyxci pegged it for.

Naw, I think that my post was exactly what I (the author) said it was.

I have been in pain watching the screenies everyone else is posting, contemplating a GoGamer purchase of the Uk version...now those [insert you favorite 4 letter words here] have found a way to may me wait 'til May banghead.gif

[sigh]

The A-10 will help to heal the wounds...but a DPV may even allow me to forgive and forget wink_o.gif

Wonderful, that A-10 looks great. I think the Hog is a good choice as it is one of the few aircraft that make sense to be player controlled over Sahrani. The AV-8B makes sense as a support aircraft from the grunt perspective, but as a playable it is way too fast and Sahrani too small ( and limited vievdistance for the majority of player make things even worse ). The Su-25 would have similar problems btw, great as a support aircraft from the receiving perspective, but too fast and flying too high to controll yourselfe.

Planes that would fit perfect on Sahrani would be small COIN type aircraft. I think the OV-10A would be a real great choice. It operates slow and low enough to fit into the ArmA world. It has almost non existant avionics, it's all point and shoot. With its M-60 MG's, Miniguns and rocket pods it is primary intended to combat infantry, so it directly interacts with the primary gameplay element of ArmA. And being in service in countries like the Philippines, Venecuela and Colombia, it would perfectly fit into the armed forces of South Sahrani.

Anyway, to come back to the A-10. As a Lock On player I have a small nitpick, don't fry me for this one. The A-10 can only use AGM-65 Mavericks on the stations 3/9 ( those outwards of the mainwheel ). All other stations are not wired to support the AGM-65.

Looking forward to that great Hog.