Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Another strange bug: M4A1 QDS domage is too weak, it's impossible to kill someone, i put 20 bullets in a civilian and he did not die! And it's impossible to aim with redhot (only m4a1 qds).

Anyone else got this bug or i'm the only person to have this problem?

And i have a last question:

-Will you change sounds you did not change in first release (m9sd, dshkm, etc...)?

Anyway, your mod is just fantastic (m24 is lovely inlove.gif )

Also in the sniper rifle the bullet goes 2-3 "points" over the cross.

I hope u understand, to kill them u have to aim at their balls biggrin_o.gif

very good soundpack , thanks alot.

Since you are editing the config , could you make the m4 fire rate automatic and not burst for next version ?

@simba

Why make it automatic when the weapon isn't?

The weapon used by the standard Inf, not SF, is the M4.

The SF geeza's use the M4A1. The original M4 (no extra designtion on the end) used a S-1-3 trigger group. Thus its correct. Want a full auto M4, use the SF's ones...

@Big

How close where you shooting? The rifles are meant for distance work and therefore zeroed much further out.

@ThePredator

So far from what I've seen and heard I love it. Great work. I would say the value on the M4A1 QDS is a bit low, took me 6 shots to the centre mass of a civi to take him down. Maybe up the damage value slightly.

Looking forward to the complete version

Thanks for the criticism.

Honestly, I abused you as beta testers. I changed the ballistic values but did not increase the damage.

Will raise the damage values until some realistic level is reached (for the next build).

I will, of course, change all sounds that feel unrealistic or simply put wrong.

Vehicles and such will follow later.

My main concern is the config, there are lots of entries I don't know the function of.

The old OFP commented config has not everything commented I'd like to know.

Stay tuned.

Sounds are great, BUT. Would you be so kind and try to make two different configs, one just for sound replacement for people who would like to change only sounds not config settings and second one the way it is now with config settings changed. At this moment sounds are awsome, but I dont want to mess up with weapons config for ArmA. Thanx m8.

Sounds are great, BUT. Would you be so kind and try to make two different configs, one just for sound replacement for people who would like to change only sounds not config settings and second one the way it is now with config settings changed. At this moment sounds are awsome, but I dont want to mess up with weapons config for ArmA. Thanx m8.

THIS.

I completely agree with Firefly. The sounds are bloody amazing, but I like the other weapon-related stuff as it is.

Well, sice his aim is pure realism, he needs to change the configs also, e.g. reload times and stuff. So 2 configs woul be the best sollution. On the other hand, there's no problem with that when you use a modfolder, right?

@ Pred: If you need help, you can always ask someone in the offtopic, or use the wikipedia for gun related infos. Besides, there's many information in already exiting topics in ArmA generall board.

I will make two version.

Since this is still BETA I am testing around, fishing for feedback...

Nice to hear, you like it.

These new gunfire sounds improve atmosphere greatly. Much better than the original sounds. Really looking forward any new material from you.

They sound good. Stick to sound replacement, the values are decent as they are. The M240 sounds like crap, and the SVD hasn't been changed.

I'm sure that the sounds are good, if only I could install this, I tried the other sound pack which was WAY easier to install.

The installation instructions really makes NO sense at all!

You just depbo your weapons.pbo, overwrite the files with ones made by Pred, (only one config afaik) and place the rest where It should be. Then you pbo the folder, and either overwrite your old weapons.pbo, or make a modfolder, using the "-mod=" command. Pretty much the same thing like with old ofp... wink_o.gif

i really liked the Arma "Snap" sound when hearing the M4SD fired from a distance. what file is that and how can i get it back in? seems to have vanished w/ this mod

i really liked the Arma "Snap" sound when hearing the M4SD fired from a distance. what file is that and how can i get it back in? seems to have vanished w/ this mod

Lol, M4SD should never snap when flying past. Since the M4SD round is subsonic speed and the snap is a supersonic effect. Did this mod maker actually manage to snap supersonic rounds and remove snaps from subsonic rounds?

...Did this mod maker actually manage to snap supersonic rounds and remove snaps from subsonic rounds?

Engine adds the snap automatically as soon as the bullet "passes" the sound barrier. By configing the sd rounds properly, the snap is gone smile_o.gif

Yes, intentional behaviour. Actually, found this out by trial and error since I still have no clue about half of the entries in config.cpp.

Would be great if some config-guru could give me some lessons on "how-to"s and such.

The commented config from OFP is useless, and not everything I'd like to know is commented anyway.

hey Predator,

where in the config did you change the speed for the m4sd? i admit, this config set up is much different that what i am used to in ofp.

i cant seem to find the intspeed for the m4sd. sad_o.gif

I'm really happy with the sounds you made for ArmA.

Actually it's the first mod I'm using.

Hope you will continue your work and update even more sounds.

The atmosphere is much denser now.

Awesome sounds they work great! only question i have for anybody is, is your m4 with suppressor rediculously weak in the campaign and single missions its very hard to take someone down. my guess is something in the config was changed with ur mod. so my question is what was changed and is thier a way to change it back, otherwise this mod rocks especiially on the 5.1 's

Thanks

Rich xmas_o.gif

Yes, I only reduced the v0, therefore is is way to cheap. I've got v0.12 ready, will upload this version. Still beta, so if you like to test, fire up the editor, place your player and some targets (soft only, need someone with expertise in armor values and rocket strength) and test all individual and vehicular weapon systems for all sides (or use some weapon crate with all weapons and place every vehicle as empty on the map).

Need input on how to modify the strength to be realistic. I can only take wild guesses, since I am just a firearms expert.

hi I followed the tutorial one as if it places the archives in the folder but here you not leaving the sound the detonations, what it can be I made all certain why I use the version the realism package ?