Sign in to follow this  
Dark_vityaz

Local conflicts are coming ?

It's an international forum.There're a lot of nations.So,I wanna ask.Have you got any fears of beginning the local conflict just in your country? Why? Your reasons,opinions and ideas how to make it stopped before the beginning.

I think he means Civil War?

For me the answer would be no, since I live in the UK. It's not perfect but we dont have that to worry about at least.

Well as long as other countries understand to keep their militaries away from our soil then this place will remain peaceful.

Due to our history and geographical location, our fears come from the East only. Best way to avoid any military conflicts in Finland and surrounding areas is to maintain a constant dialog with Russia and make sure they know that we have absolutely no evil intentions towards them whatsoever, or intentions to help other nations attack them. A fear of military threat amongst the leaders of Soviet Union is what caused them to attack us during World War II, along with an agreement they made with Hitler. The same goes for the Baltic states, they must also maintain a constant dialog with the Russians to avoid any misunderstandings from either part.

As I see that my writing fits better into the other thread Should Russia fear NATO expansion?, I will put it there.

lol no big conflict in my boring country of sweden. but who knows all the iraq refugees here might start to mess around with each other? tounge2.gifcrazy_o.gif j/k

I'm suprised by Europeans are so easy to dismiss the chances of turmoil within their countries.

Look at France, they still have small civil disturbances and cars being burned almost every night.

I have never been the parinoid type, but in America things are pushing ever closer to the edge. Just how far there is to go and if the people will actually put actions behind their words is yet to be seen.

My point is the will of the people can only be dismissed for so long before someone dose something either constuctive or something dreadful.

Add to that the probability of some sort of instigating factor.

I don't lose sleep worring about it, but I won't be caught off guard when the sheet hits the fan.

Quote[/b] ]Look at France, they still have small civil disturbances and cars being burned almost every night.

Sorry but this is completely untrue,

What makes you believe that there are cars burning every night here? - So does the media make you believe that France is turning into a mess?

Overall, such problems are pretty rare and unusual, which doesn't differ from other neighbour-countries.

Since the last major problems that happened in the suburbs, things calmed down.

regards,

TB

Quote[/b] ]Look at France, they still have small civil disturbances and cars being burned almost every night.

Sorry but this is completely untrue,

What makes you believe that there are cars burning every night here? - So does the media make you believe that France is turning into a mess?

Overall, such problems are pretty rare and unusual, which doesn't differ from other neighbour-countries.

Since the last major problems that happened in the suburbs, things calmed down.

regards,

TB

Erm ... this happens regularly, not on the scale of the riots (I'd be tempted to say "insurgency") naturally but it happens. We're pretty far from a civil war though.

At a national level, these "regular" riots are quite minor even if they happen, they are mainly individual or small groups acts of violence, nothing "major" that could make France that different from the rest of bordering countries.

regards,

TB

There was a recent 'riot' from the youth in Copenhagen. It was because they lost a 'house' where they could be at.

They initially had much sympathy from the rest of the population, but after allot of burning cars, throwing rocks etc. They lost all sympathy. Too bad, cause if they would have behaved nicely, and run around making a collection, they could have bought a new house several times for that money. Now they get nothing.

It wasn't really a big deal though, noone actually got hurt (except one kid who wanted to throw a firecracker against the police, but lost his hand while it detonated in it (one of the more funny stories).

Truth is, most of the people making all this trouble, was 13-16 year old children who finally saw an opportunity to make some fun in the streets without getting caught.

Anyway, there could not be any civilwar or any 'local conflicts' in Denmark, since we are all simply too alike. The country is too small that anyone would want to be independent anyway.

Yep I kept an eye on what happened in Denmark. They didn't have a right to that house so there goes my sympathy for them.

It's quite sad how people end up taking part in such "demonstrations" only to cause havoc. It's happened here in Finland too and everytime I think that the people doing it should get much more harder penalties for their actions. Why? There is evidence that many of these "demonstrations" are in fact a form of organized riots, which are masked as demonstrations but many people taking part in such demonstrations are there only to break windows and hurt other people etc. People are even asked in ad papers to take part in the riot by causing as much trouble as they can, with no mention of the original subject. Such people should just get thrown to jail for some time and should be put to pay for ALL damage and other costs caused by them, INCLUDING the cost of keeping them in prison and the cost of using police officers to stop the riots.

Now the price is too low so they can just keep doing it.

banghead.gif

At a national level, these "regular" riots are quite minor even if they happen, they are mainly individual or small groups acts of violence, nothing "major" that could make France that different from the rest of bordering countries.

regards,

TB

regular-minor-riots eh? Sounds perfectly normal to me icon_rolleyes.gif

So? Cars get burned in the UK too. Not to mention the regular fights over old firm football matches in Glasgow. Plus the several kids that have been shot dead over the last few weeks and the gang culture in the major cities. That doesn't mean we are heading for Civil War. That's just vandalism, hooligans and crime.

Well, I cannot add nothing wise to this topic, because the question/theme itself is not properly articulated. What the terminology of the 'local conflict in your country' means here? Does it means a conflict between some national and ethnical groups in some particular country, and then a possible upcomming civil war in that country or what? Excuse me but how I see it this is a pretty much senseless topic, and what till now has been dicussed here are just some 'harmless' and very obscure demonstrations or riots, which have more incommon with a plain vandalism, than with some 'local conflict in your country' or whatever.

EDIT:

@scotchsoldier

Exsactly.

Does it means a conflict between some national and ethnical groups in some particular country, and then a possible upcomming civil war in that country?

Right you are. There a lot of danger situation in the whole world. In Russia Dagestan can fire anytime.In Europe except Spain,France (or not?) there are just the same problems.Not only international terrorism makes attention.

What About Russian Spetsnaz and the Russian Rebels?? Rebels are trying to destroy Russia with nukes and shit like that.

What About Russian Spetsnaz and the Russian Rebels?? Rebels are trying to destroy Russia with nukes and shit like that.

wtf?! crazy_o.gif First Ive heard of it... Sure you didnt see it in some poorly scripted B movie?