Sign in to follow this  
norrin

SQF revive script

Makin mission with this and when i use mission_end_function in mission that has intro, it says during intro that all players are unconsious. How can i increase time before all are declared unconsious?

Hi norrin, smile_o.gif

just testet the new version a and here is some feedback.

Bugs:

In my first test i got a lot of "Empty Vehicles" in the Spectatinc name select list after i was killed but i think it was sloved after i put gw1 = group this into the init of the group leaders.

After i was revived by a AI i alwasy have to put ESC to return from the Spectatinc View to the player view.

Sometimes the Action "Revive" will not be deletet from my Action Menu after i had Revived a Ai unit.

All other things was just working greate units always reviving other AI units and me.  wink_o.gif

But i still need to test some more.

Thanks SNK great feedback smile_o.gif I'll get to work on the problems.

@Ike_fin - I've run into this problem before with some other missions I converted to revive so can you send me your mission to norrin@iprimus.com.au and I'll see if I can fix it up for you - I may not get to look at this for a couple of days though so you may just want to disable the mission end function for the time being.

Hey norrin, I've just tried out your newest version of the ai disabled revive script. Haven't noticed any serious bugs yet, but the follow cam is blacked out 9 times out of 10 (see the dialog, but the camera is all black) - and no, it's not nighttime wink_o.gif

I've also noticed that the "x was revived by y" messages won't appear every time.

Please consider adding a common.hpp file in your root folder of the revive example mission where you define the static/control types and all the base classes; it will make it easier to incorporate your script if other dialogs are to be used in the mission smile_o.gif

Np i figured it out.

Is there a way to disable JIP eg. players that join go straight to spectating mode? Thats because JIP doesn't really fit for my mission.

Hi Norrin! Nice to see you again. Since summer 2007 i had´t time to play or edit Arma-missions.

Maybe you still remember Trapped in Everon. smile_o.gif

I´m eager for your next version "AI_disabled revive based on xeno's enhanced 1.25" to update my missions with it.

greetz klaue

follow cam is blacked out 9 times out of 10 (see the dialog, but the camera is all black) - and no, it's not nighttime wink_o.gif

indeed same problem.. sad_o.gif

This hopefully fixes the camera black-out problem: http://home.iprimus.com.au/simonnsl/cam_follow_fix.zip

Just copy over the existing file in the revive_sqf folder.

@ Teufelsklaue - Hi m8, still working on this.

@HulkingUnicorn - I'll look into the common.hpp file and see what I can do as I've never written anything like this before.

@Ike_fin - In the revive_init.sqf set the

_NORRN_JIP_spawn_dialog = 0; //array no.4 and _NORRN_time_b4_JIP_spawn_dialog = 10000; //array no.17

Had a good time with the latest ai disabled tonight - but we encountered two bugs:

- One player got cloned - we had to revive him several times for him to get back into action, and every time a clone of him appeared (he got an error, I'll pm it to you once I've gotten him to check his rpt file)

- Another player 'woke up' at the respawn marker, without seeing any errors

Edit: Sent pm, he said that error was repeated many times

Clones sounds as you dont have all the required markers..

and i sometimes get the guy waking uo at the west_respawn maker..

Clones sounds as you dont have all the required markers..

and i sometimes get the guy waking uo at the west_respawn maker..

Will hopefully release a new version very very soon that addresses these final issues.

AI_disabled revive update (20th Jan 2008 version x_1.4)

I’ve had word from my testers that this new version addresses all the remaining issues with this script (fingers crossed).

You can get it from here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/simonns....ara.zip

The latest readMe is available here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/simonnsl/norrinsArmA/Revive_ReadMe.doc and don't forget you'll need ArmA 1.09 beta or higher for these scripts to work properly.

This version's based off xeno’s enhanced 1.25 code and you may notice the x in the version number, this is to acknowledge his enormous contribution in helping rewrite these scripts late last year and his good grace in allowing me to take over their development again.  Thanks m8 it is truly appreciated smile_o.gif

The scripts are set up in exactly the same way as the last version and the revive_init is almost identical however there is a new option _HULK_rProne = 1.  This option switches on a fantastic script by HulkingUnicorn that stops the player from standing after he has been revived until he’s been properly healed by a medic.  This option must be used in conjunction with the revive with damage option and the revive damage must be set to greater than equal to 0.8.

If this version is stable then I just want to add a couple more changes including HulkingUnicorn’s set up recommendations and we should be close to a final release.

Finally to MCPXXL couldn’t have done this without your help, time and patience m8 – thank you. smile_o.gif

Hi Norrin,

Great to see the update. Will this vesion work on 1.08v?

Vengeance

Norrin you have done a great job !

All my userexits are running and the counter is now in right position !

Thanks a lot !

vengeance1, I'm afraid you'll need 1.09 for this (norrin says so in his latest post - read it again).

Haven't noticed any bugs yet norrin, let's hope it continues like that - and thank's for the good words wink_o.gif

I've been feeling a little guilty that for the sake of a few publicVariables that 1.08 users could not use the latest version of the revive so I've converted the current version 1.04 to work in ArmA 1.08.  Please only use this version if you are still using 1.08 as it hasn't been tested nearly to the same extent and requires the definition of a lot more public variables so it won't be as efficient but it should keep you going until the full 1.09 patch and the new Linux server is released.  

You can get the ArmA 1.08 compatible AI_disabled revive version 1.40 from here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/simonns....ara.zip

and the readMe from: http://home.iprimus.com.au/simonnsl/norrinsArmA/Revive_ReadMe.doc

Please note this will most likely be the last 1.08 compatible version released.

Are there any new updates of AI Enabled after 0.20 beta? Those old bugs suck sad_o.gif

Btw. I'm updating one mission with the AI Disabled 1.4 for 1.08 tomorrow and if everything works perfect, I'll continue updating until the release of 1.09 linux server.

Are there any new updates of AI Enabled after 0.20 beta? Those old bugs suck sad_o.gif

Btw. I'm updating one mission with the AI Disabled 1.4 for 1.08 tomorrow and if everything works perfect, I'll continue updating until the release of 1.09 linux server.

Yes there is m8 but as I use this script more for my own missions and it works fine in hybrid play for a single player on a local server it hasn't received the attention it deserves.

Anyway, this is what I posted a couple of pages back in the thread.

You can get a new version (Version 0.22 beta, 15th Jan 2008) here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/simonnsl/norrinsArmA/AI_enabled_0.22.zip

Make sure you read the readme.doc for full info on new features and implementation of the scripts.

New Features include:

* Limited number of lives, Kegetys spectating script when dead.

* Option for respawning at nearest available respawn point

* Prompt for reviving unit and unit revived

* Various other fixes

Tested in 1.09 but should work with 1.08.

Hopefully fixed the nullObject bug but as these scripts are based on the older revive system it is still not possible to enable unconscious invincibility in the revive with suites of scripts that use addevenhandlers "killed" and "hit" such as GPL2+ (sorry SNK).

Bugs (from a post by SNKMAN)

In my first test i got a lot of "Empty Vehicles" in the Spectatinc name select list after i was killed but i think it was sloved after i put gw1 = group this into the init of the group leaders.

After i was revived by a AI i alwasy have to put ESC to return from the Spectatinc View to the player view.

Sometimes the Action "Revive" will not be deletet from my Action Menu after i had Revived a Ai unit.

All other things was just working greate units always reviving other AI units and me.

But i still need to test some more.

WOW greate i will test it when comming home. thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the fixes Norrin. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]After i was revived by a AI i alwasy have to put ESC to return from the Spectatinc View to the player view.

I can copy that in AI Enabled 0.22 Beta. wink_o.gif Anyway it's working better than 0.20 Beta.

WOW greate i will test it when comming home. thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the fixes Norrin. smile_o.gif

Sorry SNK its not a new version just yet. Just letting legislator know of the post from a few days back and your bug report for the script as it is - will get it updated soon.

Ahm by the way .. norrin you've got a PN considering a special problem of a mobile camp script / ai disabled.

Edit

I guess there is a new behaviour between the Queens Gambit mercenaries and AI Disabled 1.4 (for 1.08) in ArmA 1.09. I've always used them this way and it worked:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_NORRN_can_revive = "soldierWB"; //array no.19

_NORRN_can_revive_2 = ""; //array no.20

_NORRN_can_be_revived = "soldierWB"; //array no.21

_NORRN_can_be_revived_2 = ""; //array no.22

Is it now soldierMB? Everything else works perfect with the AI Disabled 1.4 (for 1.08) in 1.09 .. oh my what a version mess crazy_o.gif I want that damned 1.09 linux server crazy_o.gif

Edit2:

It was my fault sad_o.gif I forgot to place a logic called server icon_rolleyes.gifsad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Edit2:

It was my fault sad_o.gif I forgot to place a logic called server icon_rolleyes.gifsad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

M8 did this fix your problem with the mobile respawn as I've been out the last few nights and haven't had a chance to look at it yet?

No this was a different problem.

Edit:

I found one bug in the AI Disabled 1.4 (1.08 Edition). Maybe it's in the 1.09 Edition as well. After some revives one player couldn't get revived anymore. He lied at his revival marker, I tried to revive him but nothing happended. The action menü entry didn't disappear, my revival animation was shown but it had no effect to the other player.

Tested on 1.08 Linux Dedicated server in combination with a DAC mission. Reconnecting couldn't solve the problem.

AI Enabled Beta 0.22

Sometimes after getting down my screen was completely black. I could only see the chat messages *XY was killed*. Hitting ESC and the ArmA respawn button "solved" the problem.

Edit:

I found one bug in the AI Disabled 1.4 (1.08 Edition). Maybe it's in the 1.09 Edition as well. After some revives one player couldn't get revived anymore. He lied at his revival marker, I tried to revive him but nothing happended. The action menü entry didn't disappear, my revival animation was shown but it had no effect to the other player.

Tested on 1.08 Linux Dedicated server in combination with a DAC mission. Reconnecting couldn't solve the problem.

Strangley enough what you're describing is a feature of the script. smile_o.gif

It sounds like you may have a conflicting entry in the revive_init.sqf set-up.  How its meant to work is if you have <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_NORRN_respawn_position = 2; //array no.32 set then when the revive timer runs out the player will have a choice of respawn points and until he presses one of the respawn buttons he will appear in the unconscious animation but will not be revivable -  if there are no respawn points available, due to the proximity of enemy units, then he won't be able to respawn at all.

If this is the case you'll need to have <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_NORRN_Base_1_respawn = 1; //array no.18 so he'll have at least one spawn point even if there are enemy units about.

Any way let me know if you see this again and I'll look into it further.

EDIT: Maybe it would be better if I removed the player's unconscious body and marker when this occurred so that it does not confuse the other players.

I've checked the settings. There are 3 spawn points. Each one is free of enemys from the beginning and they were free of enemys during the game.

_NORRN_Base_1_respawn = 1; //array no.18

_NORRN_revive_timer_type = 1; //array no.31

_NORRN_respawn_position = 2; //array no.32

I dont' think he had no more lives. I've set the revives up to 20 and he didn't die that often.