Sign in to follow this  
norrin

SQF revive script

Hi norrin,

great new version! Found no critical bugs so far. Older bugs (spawning in objects, wrong height) have been fixed with AI Disabled 1.2 smile_o.gif Hoping to see further version of AI enabled next year smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif Thank you norrin for your work smile_o.gif You made armed assault a better game biggrin_o.gif

Thanks norrin for your greate job

for me revive script is the best think for missions makers

it really change the gameplay and creat good times for players

who play in clan

so Thanks a lot

we must now promote your fantastic script

I will move all my missions in 1.2

Hm thanks

v1.2 swim bug on Porto, respawn on respawn Point. crazy_o.gif

little bugfree vers. is v1.0j. whistle.gif

I wait of a better Version sad_o.gif

xmas_o.gif Wanderfalke

Hm thanks

v1.2 swim bug on Porto, respawn on respawn Point. crazy_o.gif

little bugfree vers. is v1.0j. whistle.gif

I wait of a better Version sad_o.gif

xmas_o.gif Wanderfalke

No need to go back to v1.0j, if you're having problems with swimming on respawn just disable the respawn in water dialog in the init.sqf of v1.2

eg. <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_NORRN_water_dialog = 0; //array no.38 and you'll end up with the same result but with all the fixes incorporated and reduced cpu overhead.

With Version 1.2 we have more soldiers standing at the Respawn_west btw Boot_Hill instead of a cam showing the soldier.

Also we are searching a possible error when people disconnect while waiting for respawn.

Sometimes the server is going down from 47 server frames to 28 and getting more and more into desync.

But this is not seen in this version only

With Version 1.2 we have more soldiers standing at the Respawn_west btw Boot_Hill instead of a cam showing the soldier.

Also we are searching a possible error when people disconnect while waiting for respawn.

Sometimes the server is going down from 47 server frames to 28 and getting more and more into desync.

But this is not seen in this version only

Thanks for the bug reports MC.

With the camera problem is there a sequence of events that triggers it? Do the other players near where the unit was shot see an unconscious body even though the camera doesn't trigger? Do you think converting to an sqf camera file would help fix the problem?

With the second problem I think it must be related to the isplayer.sqf script. This runs on every client's PC and probably only needs to run on the server and this may be causing conflicts and lag. I'll do some testing when I get a chance and also check and see whether I can recode this file into something simpler.

hey

maybe some1 knows that problem.

i ve set up the init.sqf and everytime i die (tested with grenade) a second unit is spawned near my dead body and seconds later my alter ego, formerly dead is switched into this unit and seconds later the message appears "mission failed ...."

whats wrong ?

i created all markers on the map, had a logic called server.

this is the init.sqf (only the var config - rest deleted)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_NORRN_mission_end_function = 1; //array no.0

_NORRN_reward_function = 0; //array no.1

_NORRN_team_kill_function = 0;     //array no.2

_NORRN_all_dead_dialog = 0; //array no.3

_NORRN_JIP_spawn_dialog = 1; //array no.4

_NORRN_nearest_teammate_dialog = 0; //array no.5

_NORRN_unconcious_markers = 0; //array no.6

_NORRN_follow_cam = 0;   //array no.7

_NORRN_call_out_function = 0; //array no.8

_NORRN_revive_timer = 0; //array no.9

_NORRN_heal_yourself = 0; //array no.10

_NORRN_kegetys_spectator = 0; //array no.11

_NORRN_water_dialog = 0; //array no.38

NORRN_player_units = ["a","a1","a2","a3""];

_NORRN_no_respawn_points = 1; //array no.12

_NORRN_Base_1 = "lsd_spawn_1"; //array no.13

_NORRN_Base_2 = ""; //array no.14

_NORRN_Base_3 = ""; //array no.15

_NORRN_Base_4 = ""; //array no.16

_NORRN_time_b4_JIP_spawn_dialog = 10; //array no.17

_NORRN_Base_1_respawn = 0; //array no.18

_NORRN_can_revive = "soldierWB"; //array no.19

_NORRN_can_revive_2 = "soldierGB"; //array no.20

_NORRN_can_be_revived = "soldierWB"; //array no.21

_NORRN_can_be_revived_2 = "soldierGB"; //array no.22

_NORRN_no_enemy_sides = 1; //array no.23

_NORRN_enemy_side_1 = "EAST"; //array no.24

_NORRN_enemy_side_2 = ""; //array no.25

_NORRN_max_respawns = 1000; //array no.26

_NORRN_respawn_button_timer = 6009; //array no.27

_NORRN_distance_to_friend = 20000; //array no.28

_NORRN_revives_required = 10; //array no.29

_NORRN_no_team_kills = 5; //array no.30

_NORRN_revive_timer_type = 0; //array no.31

_NORRN_respawn_position = 0; //array no.32

_NORRN_revive_time_limit = 6000; //array no.33

_NORRN_no_of_heals = 0; //array no.34

_NORRN_lower_bound_heal = 0.1; //array no.35

_NORRN_upper_bound_heal = 0.7; //array no.36

_NORRN_follow_cam_distance = 50; //array no.37

thx

regards

rocko

If you're the only one on the server, you have the mission_end function enabled (_NORRN_mission_end_function = 1; //array no.0) and you die then the mission is going to end as this function detects whether all the current players are unconscious.

If this is the problem make sure you have it disabled while you're testing your map solo.

^^

yeah but whats the issue with the second unit spawning near my dead body ?

disabled mission end func. but second unit is still spawning near me.

Where's your respawn marker (eg. Respawn_west) located is it near where your unit is dying? If it is then move it out of the way to an island somewhere, where no one is likely to come across it.

Hi Norin long time no speak  biggrin_o.gif

Been off on my honeymoon  inlove.gif

just now trying to get back into things and i noticed you been very busy.  Is the halo script still been added to your latest version huh.gif

Just wondering as i need to catch up with things  3 or 4 weeks away is a long time and my mission will need some updating as i still using verion k i think with the halo on it.

Well hope to hear from ya soon

Morticus

@norrin

I've rewritten your revive script and we have tested it with up to 20 players already. So far, everything is working as expected. No respawn where you shouldn't anymore, etc (the "With Version 1.2 we have more soldiers standing at the Respawn_west btw Boot_Hill instead of a cam showing the soldier" bug is gone).

I'm still fixing some small bugs (I've splitted the Revive_Player.sqf in two parts/files, rewrote camera_follow.sqs to sqf, changed some code to run serverside only, and so on) and will release it (hopefully wink_o.gif )in a few days here in this thread.

Greetings

Xeno

@norrin

I've rewritten your revive script and we have tested it with up to 20 players already. So far, everything is working as expected. No respawn where you shouldn't anymore, etc (the "With Version 1.2 we have more soldiers standing at the Respawn_west btw Boot_Hill instead of a cam showing the soldier" bug is gone).

I'm still fixing some small bugs (I've splitted the Revive_Player.sqf in two parts/files, rewrote camera_follow.sqs to sqf, changed some code to run serverside only, and so on) and will release it (hopefully wink_o.gif )in a few days here in this thread.

Greetings

Xeno

Sounds great xeno but I wish you'd told me what you were doing m8 as it would have saved on time and duplication as I was about to release a new version of the script (its sitting on my hard drive ready to go) with many of the things you were describing hopefully also fixed ie. only server sided isplayer and mission end, rewritten isplayer.sqf to hopefully stop the respawning at boot_hill bug, fixes to the camera (for all dead dialog bug and I've also almost finished a sqf camera script just ironing out the last of the bugs) and I'd incorporated a new way of dealing with the inwater respawn dialog that seemed to fix the swimming problem.

Anyway I'll check out what you've done and incorporate the new water code if its needed and add any of the other smaller fixes.  Please let me know if you want me to post the latest unreleased version of the script.

Sounds great xeno but I wish you'd told me what you were doing m8 as it would have saved on time and duplication as I was about to release a new version of the script (its sitting on my hard drive ready to go) with many of the things you were describing hopefully also fixed ie.

Sorry, norrin, but I thought that you decided to stop working on it, at least that was what I thought when I read one of your last posts and I needed a working solution for an event in december.

Nevertheless, check your mail ;-)

Xeno

Sorry, norrin, but I thought that you decided to stop working on it, at least that was what I thought when I read one of your last posts and I needed a working solution for an event in december.

Nevertheless, check your mail ;-)

Xeno

I'm checking but nothing's coming up.

Check again  smile_o.gif

Xeno

Got it, thanks.:)  

I can see this pretty much out of my hands now but do you want me to update your version of the code with my latest in water respawn solution (it gives the player the choice of allowing his body to wash onto the shore -  it changes the respawn_at_base_water.sqf and it would require a few changes to the r_killed_handler) and isplayer script and put in the other fixes (fixes the all_dead_dialog bug) -  I won't get a chance until Sunday though.

I can see this pretty much out of my hands now but do you want me to update your version of the code with my latest in water respawn solution (it gives the player the choice of allowing his body to wash onto the shore - it changes the respawn_at_base_water.sqf and it would require a few changes to the r_killed_handler) and isplayer script and put in the other fixes (fixes the all_dead_dialog bug) - I won't get a chance until Sunday though.

Please add your changes. With Sunday, no problem. All I want is a perfectly working revive smile_o.gif

Xeno

I can see this pretty much out of my hands now but do you want me to update your version of the code with my latest in water respawn solution (it gives the player the choice of allowing his body to wash onto the shore -  it changes the respawn_at_base_water.sqf and it would require a few changes to the r_killed_handler) and isplayer script and put in the other fixes (fixes the all_dead_dialog bug) -  I won't get a chance until Sunday though.

Please add your changes. With Sunday, no problem. All I want is a perfectly working revive  smile_o.gif

Xeno

Don't get me wrong m8 I'm very excited and happy that some one has gone to the trouble of helping so much with the code, hell I'm happy that someone could make sense of what I've been writing.  smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif  

Just a tinge of sadness that after all this time I'm passing the baton on.

But you're right, at the end of the day the most important thing is that the revive works well in any situation.  smile_o.gif

Hope to get it soon ;-)

Actual it is a little bit to much "fun killer"

@MCPXXL

Be patient... Still testing. It's done when it's done .

Though, we allready played a lot of nice revive missions lately smile_o.gif

But I know that you allready play 1.09... so... biggrin_o.gif

Xeno

Bump

waiting for a try out

I've passed onto Xeno some fixes and revised files from my unreleased revive 1.3 and he just wants to add a few more bits and pieces so hopefully its not far away now but I can tell you its looking good smile_o.gif

SQF Revive Scripts

AI_disabled revive script release version 1.22

Download:

Revive 1.22

(Right click, Save As)

This is a first relase of the partly rewritten revive scripts from norrin. Players should'nt find themself standing at the respawn marker anymore when they die.

Contrary to previous versions you have to edit the r_init.sqf file in your mission directory to setup the revive scripts and include it in your init.sqf/sqs with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">nil = server execVM "r_init.sqf";

One small problem remains... Markers and unconscious bodys of players that disconnect don't get deleted allways. Still looking into this but haven't found a fully working solution yet. But I guess for now everybody can live with that smile_o.gif

Enjoy !

Thank you norrin for your great revive scripts.

Xeno