Sign in to follow this  
norrin

SQF revive script

It's funny how these small bugs sometimes just forget they're there...

I was testing my new mission with 1.0k and it worked almost flawlessly... no falling through roofs from 2nd floor etc and not once did any of us lose their group id.

Only one thing came up when waiting for revive I had camera on approaching m8 and I was just changing camera angle on him when he got shot and a "#NULL object" error (can't remember precisely) came up on my screen. Could have been caused by something else maybe....

Anyway, the point of my jargon being: Even slightly bugged this revive script is just brilliant. notworthy.gif

Brilliant.. I've updated the mish and seems to work fine. Time to upload to server and get tested..

Cheers,

We have two things found:

1.) When using JIP the players are moved to the Boot_hil marker away from us.

2.) Sometimes the same happend with one player while playing from start.

Really strange is that mostly players with niknames like "benny_x" or "sgt xyz" are everytime (spcial characters) are the ones with more probs like player with normal name like "MCPXXL"

@MCPXXL, I've just spent 45 minutes trying to replicate the error you describe using both the "sgt xyz" and "benny_x" aliases and haven't been able to replicate the problem.  So if anybody else sees this could they please let me know.

I have found another bug whereby the changes to the isplayer.sqf have caused it to no longer work every time an unconscious player leaves the server - it should delete the unconconscious body as well as the map marker.  I've made some changes to the timing and it now seems to be working everytime again now.  

If you have this problem you can download a fixed isplayer.sqf from here(just copy over the existing file in the revive_sqf folder).

Ok the thing with these names was only an idea, but when people JIP the mission their unc.. bodys are moved to the boot_hill.

So there must be a difference between players at missionstart or player later joining

rofl.gifrofl.gif AI Disabled 1.0c

I know this bug is already fixed, but it was too funny during the convoi mission today biggrin_o.gif I'm waiting for the next All-in-one-release.

Unfortunately this bug is not entirely fixed and when you use the respawn buttons while swimming in water you will spawn at the spawn point often locked in the swimming animation. The only way to stop this swimming is to respawn.

@MCPXXL - I'm not denying its happening m8 its just that I couldn't trigger the problem myself.

There's also been concern raised about dying the in water respawn buttons as they appear immediately and some people are confused by this.

OK I need some input on how to fix these current problems

Proposed fixes

* Respawning locked in swimming animation - I think this maybe a bug in the game but there are a number of ways I can think of that may fix this problems.

1. Create a new dialog for the "in water respawn" that will teleport the player to a new marker (that will have to be placed by the mission maker) that is just off shore so that the player will then have to swim in from the marker. The game will hopefully then recognise the transition from swimming to standing when the player reaches the shore line.

2. Use the normal respawn makers but kill the player so that when he arrives at the respawn marker he's no longer swimming (this will add to your number of deaths but will not affect the number of respawns remaining).

*The JIP at Boot_Hill problem.

If the player joins and his located at the boot_hill marker he is automatically transported to a new marker called "mission_start".

*I'm going to have to create a new set of dialogs regardless as the "respawn in water"dialogs are appearing with the unconscious camera frame and this is confusing some people, and I will make it clear that if these buttons appear that you need to press escape to keep swimming.

* I'll also add an option in the init.sqf so you can choose whether you want to use the respawn in water dialogs or not.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions on how to implement these fixes.

PS: I may have inadvertently re-added the function name problem in the arma.rpt so I'll keep working on this.

EDIT:

There is a possibility that if I teleport the respawning in water player to the edge of the map (or something similar) and then back he will stop swimming I try this and see whether this fixes the problem.

Here I am double posting again. I've now reworked the whole script and you can get version 1.1f from here

Not a lot of fanfare this time and there's no readMe notes as I want to make sure the problems are fixed before too much noise is made about this.

Changes

*Fixed the isplayer.sqf so no more name function errors and bodies and markers disappear when unconscious players leave the server.

*I've added new dialogs for JIP and "in water" as these were causing errors (eg. disapperaing bodies when using the JIP dialog and then falling unconscious).

With the inwater dialog you only have the option of respawning at Base_1 as named in the init.sqf and you may find yourself swimming for a second or two but as far as I can tell this will now fix itself within about 5 seconds if it happens.

These new dialogs will hopefully be a little less confusing to the user.

NB: The new dialogs have meant changes to the description.ext

*There is an option to disable the inwater dialog in the init.sqf just set <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_NORRN_water_dialog = 0; if you don't want to use this option.

* I've put some code at the start of the revive_player.sqf script so that if a player joins in progress and spawns at boot_hill or the respawn_side marker he is transported to a new marker that now must be created by the mission maker called "Mission_start".

There's changes to a lot of files so you're going to have to update everything - sorry guys.

Norrin,

We've tested the 11e script today with approx 15-20 players. The only problem we had was the one already identified, ones you fixed in 11f. Swimming at base. Rest seemed to be working fine.

Many people died while reviving and script worked fine and dead revived successfully eventho the reviver got killed during the process.

I'm getting many errors like below in rpt but not sure if related to your script. Maybe you can interprete them better.

*** Remote: Identity John Clark transferred from 30:70 to 30:86

Client: Object 30:20 (type UpdateDamageObject) not found.

Client: Object 30:62 (type UpdateDamageVehicleAI) not found.

Client: Object 30:33 (type UpdateDamageVehicleAI) not found.

Client: Object 30:38 (type UpdateDamageObject) not found.

Client: Object 30:41 (type UpdateDamageObject) not found.

Client: Object 30:52 (type UpdateDamageObject) not found.

Client: Object 30:59 (type UpdateDamageObject) not found.

Good job and I'll change to 11f next week and upload to server (maybe convert couple of missions to revive as well) if it is close to the final version.

Norrin,

We've tested the 11e script today with approx 15-20 players. The only problem we had was the one already identified, ones you fixed in 11f. Swimming at base. Rest seemed to be working fine.

Many people died while reviving and script worked fine and dead revived successfully eventho the reviver got killed during the process.

I'm getting many errors like below in rpt but not sure if related to your script. Maybe you can interprete them better.

*** Remote: Identity John Clark transferred from 30:70 to 30:86

Client: Object 22:0 (type AIStatsMPRowUpdate) not found.

Client: Object 20:0 (type AIStatsMPRowUpdate) not found.

etc

Thanks for the report. smile_o.gif

I'm not sure about the report errors. I'll look through the arma.rpt files from my testing and let you know if any of the lines match. If they do I'll try and track down the code that's causing this.

I think its a good idea to hold off on converting a lot of your missions to the 1.1 script until the last of the bugs have been ironed out. I've also had a nice suggestion from rocko that if it works will allow me to reduce the size of the scripts considerably by removing the sound folder and may also allow me to add additional call-out while unconscious voices as well. smile_o.gif

EDIT: Found what was causing the error - it seems I needed to name the unconscious body to which I was adding the eventhandlers.

EDIT EDIT: You can get a revised revive_player.sqf that should fix this problem from here

thanks

but my map with revive didnt work for me...

i just changed the number

Quote[/b] ]//Time until respawn button appears (0 = approx. 12 seconds)

//Set to a high number like 100000 seconds if you do not want

//to use this option

// ======================================================

_NORRN_respawn_button_timer = 60; //array no.27

but still appear with respawn button when i died

something skipped the respawn_button_timer

I downloaded this http://home.iprimus.com.au/simonnsl/Co40_Payback_v16_rev11f.Sara.zip and tried it.

I use 2 computers in LAN (2 versions of arma) and one is hosting the session.

I played around killing myself and tried to revive from the other comp, this is what I experienced:

(Lets call unit in hosting computer HOST and the unit on the joined computer JOIN)

When JOIN is shooting HOST everything work perfect.

HOST is there unconsious on the ground. HOST can change camera and angles. JOIN can revive HOST, it doesnt matter how long it will take until JOIN is approaching HOST.

All good.

BUT when HOST is shooting JOIN its not all good.. JOIN have no camera choices and HOST have ~5 sec to reach JOIN to revive succesfully. If it takes to long JOIN is alive on the small island and it doesnt matter if HOST is trying to revive the unconsious "JOIN-body".

Hope you understand this explanation...

@Legislator - m8 that doesn't match any code in the revive so I don't think so.

@hank_officer sounds like you may have a configuration problem if you email me your mission I'll take a quick look at it.  In the example mission are you saying the whole mission didn't work or just the respawn_buttons?  

One other thing to check is if you have the all dead option enabled ie.<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_NORRN_all_dead_dialog = 1; //array no.3 the buttons are going to appear if you are the only one in the mission and you respawn.  So just check whether this is enabled.

@andersson - I'll look into this when I get a chance a bit later today but I didn't see this when I was testing.  This mission is pretty taxing on my PC though so I'm not sure whether lag is causing the problem on your machine.  Something else I just thought of is you have to give the second player (client) a chance to join the mission before you shoot him ie. he has to get the "Joining mission" screen.  Otherwise the scripts don't get a chance to run and what you're describing will happen.

nvm...

i found that [respawn_button_time] works when 2 above players playing the map

but dont work with only one player?

@andersson - I'll look into this when I get a chance a bit later today but I didn't see this when I was testing.  This mission is pretty taxing on my PC though so I'm not sure whether lag is causing the problem on your machine.  Something else I just thought of is you have to give the second player (client) a chance to join the mission before you shoot him ie. he has to get the "Joining mission" screen.  Otherwise the scripts don't get a chance to run and what you're describing will happen.

Both players were ingame.

Yes the mission is very demanding. The FPS was ok but I got alot of yellow and red connections, and I played it in LAN...

Therefor I edited it alittle bit, I took away all enemies so I could test the revive. So I suppose I might deleted something wrong? I dont think so but assumtions are the mother of all f-ups..

I think I have to build my own testmission today and test this abit more. I guess it can be that your mission was a tad heavy on my older computer.

I will build a basic mission and see if everything is ok (I must say its nice to have 2 comps so you can test missions before playing with your friends!! So many times everything f-up when you start playing your mission in MP and that evening goes to... sad_o.gif )

Yes, and thank you norrin for your work! Exactly what I wanted!

AI_disabled update

Version 1.1g

This full version of the script includes all the recent updates as well as being much smaller in size as thanks to rocko I've been able to remove the sounds folder and the sound config.cpp (from the dialogs subfolder).

Not only does this reduce the size of the script it reduces the chance of conflict with other mission sounds you may have used.  It also adds some new voices for unconscious players.

Make sure you read the readMe file for the latest info on implementing these scripts as this has changed.

EDIT:Sand bag fix removed from mission - thanks andersson smile_o.gif

EDIT EDIT: This version requires the GPL2+ addon

You are using "RAE_sandbagFix" in the g-version. I had to remove it from the mission.sqm.

edit: No problems whatsoever with "HOST" and "JOIN", sofar it works as expected for me! smile_o.gif

edit2: I try to implement this into a mission I make. I havent done anything else then added the 2 units that will be playable and they start in a plane. I have merged your "g-mission" into mine and deleted all units and missionspecific markers and triggers. Everything works as it should except that I get missing sound when one is unconsious and will cry for help.

What do I miss? Why is the sounds working in your mission as I have the needed markers, I have named the units in the group and the group the same way and I copied all the necessary files from your mission..?

Is it possible for you to release a template instead of small missions? That way I would be 100% certain that I didnt f something up when I try to take your mission as an example. Yes, I am also reading the documentation. I have also looked into your scripts and I can see no immediate reason for the missing sounds (especially as I use your missionfiles..)

Ideas? (Sorry if I miss something basic, I just started playing around with this and I know you have enough of people asking for help smile_o.gif I dont need a solution, I just wish for an idea of what I might have missed and where to look..)

Norrin,

I'm getting the "Sound XXX not found error".

Are the sound files missing?

@Norrin where i have to add my own soundfiles ?

In //comment arrays

But bevore there was a var floor that i increased

So is that var not in and when not where i have to add it ?

Or best does the routine check the number itself ?