Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Alouette II for South Sahrani forces.

UPDATED

New version released.

Contains 3 new versions (Medevac, UN and a civillian) and two missions ready to be played.

Credits to Old Bear for sound and testing, and to Shadow for beta testing and feedback.

Download url, same as before:

http://granq.se/files/RC_Alouette.zip

Mirror from ArmedAssault.info :

DOWNLOAD Alouette II for South Sahrani Forces [6 MB] from FTP#1

Armaholic

ArmA Addonliste updated , inkl. Downloadlink for your Alouette, under US Forces, RACS - Royal Army Corps Sahrani - ROTARY WING / HUBSCHRAUBER.

Download Alouette

Armed Assault Addonliste - Stavanger´s Militaria

Mirrors please update your versions..

This should be the final version.

a_s4.jpg

a_s8.jpg

a_s9.jpg

Very nice Alouette indeed !

It seems to fit Sahrani perfectly (the look and feeling). I'll try this for sure.

Good work !

Malick

Guest RKSL-Rock

Well done mate! Just had a play with it in game. Very flyable and lots of fun! Just need to sort the shadows out.

Well done mate! Just had a play with it in game. Very flyable and lots of fun! Just need to sort the shadows out.

yeah.. first BIS need to sort it out aswell.. lowered my settings now I can't get the shadows back. So I have arma without shadows == impossible to work..

Guest RKSL-Rock
Well done mate!  Just had a play with it in game. Very flyable and lots of fun!  Just need to sort the shadows out.

yeah.. first BIS need to sort it out aswell.. lowered my settings now I can't get the shadows back. So I have arma without shadows  == impossible to work..

Ive managed to get low res shadows working on the RKSL Harriers. And i seem to remember somthing about using a specific Lod. It might have been Kegety or Shadow that posted it. If I find it i'll let you know.

yeah.. first BIS need to sort it out aswell.. lowered my settings now I can't get the shadows back. So I have arma without shadows == impossible to work..

Ive managed to get low res shadows working on the RKSL Harriers. And i seem to remember somthing about using a specific Lod. It might have been Kegety or Shadow that posted it. If I find it i'll let you know.

yeah lod 10 000, a simpel model thats tringlate..

read about it, understand it, cant do it smile_o.gif

I am not so good with models and O2 that I wish I was :/

Guest RKSL-Rock
Well done mate!  Just had a play with it in game. Very flyable and lots of fun!  Just need to sort the shadows out.

yeah.. first BIS need to sort it out aswell.. lowered my settings now I can't get the shadows back. So I have arma without shadows  == impossible to work..

Ive managed to get low res shadows working on the RKSL Harriers.  And i seem to remember somthing about using a specific Lod.  It might have been Kegety or Shadow that posted it.  If I find it i'll let you know.

yeah lod 10 000, a simpel model thats tringlate..

read about it, understand it, cant do it smile_o.gif

I am not so good with models and O2 that I wish I was :/

You'll have to forgive me poking around inside your models... but ive managed to get a crude shadow lod working with 30 seconds effort using the "old OFP" method.

granq-1.jpg

Its really easy to do:

1) Duplicate you last res lod

2) Rename this to 300 (the number isnt important just makes it easier to distinguish later on)

3) Duplicate that again and then rename that to 300 too.

It should look like this.

granq-2.jpg

NOTE: Make sure the named properties value "NOLODSHADOW = 1" is in all res lods apart from the 300 lods.  There should be nothing in them.

PBO it all and  it will work...if you refine the shadow load to more closely resemble the first lod then it will look better.

I havent tried the LOD 10000 method yet but i'll keep experimenting when i get chance.

ah yes, thought you were talking about the self shading stuff.

Will give it an update once I get the tools so I can fix that shadow and normal one aswell or when I make the new textures (just need to figure out what paint scheme it should use)..

anyway, no problem with the poking around, looks better with a shadow =)

nice little bird smile_o.gif

but the visibility from pilot its a bit to perfect maybe some dirt or semething that fit at cockpit/window?!

some new textures like:

sahrani camouflage desert-dust and mediterranean-green??

very nice indeed , its perfect for sahrani and flies like it should smile_o.gif.

thanks for this and sharing all your finds

Great addon, one of the first real addons for ARMA.

yay.gifyay.gif

The engine sound is not right though...

The OFPR gazelle has the correct sound for that engine. The sound on that bird is spot on. Gazelles alloutte II and IIIs allmost sound the same, I think the engine is allmost the same.

Would be sweet if you used that sound.

Great addon, one of the first real addons for ARMA.

yay.gifyay.gif

The engine sound is not right though...

The OFPR gazelle has the correct sound for that engine. The sound on that bird is spot on. Gazelles alloutte II and IIIs allmost sound the same, I think the engine is allmost the same.

Would be sweet if you used that sound.

if you could provide me with a sound like that it would go in for the updated version aswell.

nice GranQ thumbs-up.gif

wondering why you need a shadow lod. in rFactor you put a simple expression into the config file of your car and you can say which parts should cast a shadow (shadowcaster=true). Anyway, nice work smile_o.gif

Great work as usual granQ yay.gif

Only thing I can think of is the us pilot instead of racs one.

Would be nice with a civvie version (news chopper?) in the future.

Very nice Ugga and GranQ

Well .... for me, think you win the prize for the first true community addon for ArmA .... at least in the vehicle category and maybe all categories because it doesn't use any existing ArmA models etc.

Quite amazing really considering the lack of proper tools .... smile_o.gif

Well done.

Great work as usual granQ yay.gif

Only thing I can think of is the us pilot instead of racs one.

Would be nice with a civvie version (news chopper?) in the future.

yeah I want a civ chopper for my island but cant decide the colors for it..

shadow, sound and remove us pilot.. Getting enough feedback for a good update later. Also, not commented but will fix the panels to working ones (easy but was lazy).

I.love.you.Ugga.and.granQ inlove.gif Beautiful helicopter.. really wink_o.gif

Just one little thing.. Its very easy to turn the helicopter upside down.. The manoeuvring is like the heli is from paper.. If you plan to update the helicopter (I hope you will smile_o.gif ) Could you make the manoeuvring a little bit more harder (Like when piloting the AH, MH-6) please? whistle.gif

Your Aloutte was nice in flashpoint and cool here, but why don't make a civilian too, the civilian air are too lonely. thanks.

If your making a civial version, may I remind you that Sahrani has a tourisme sector! wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

If your making a civial version, may I remind you that Sahrani has a tourisme sector! wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

I just need inspiration on what colors to use..