Sign in to follow this  
AgentJonathan

Arma for XBOX 360?

I was wondering if ArmA is, or will be available for XBOX 360... smile_o.gif Cuz of course if it is, I'm gonna buy it...

Note: No England, or Canada cost...

Probably not which would be, let's say ... a missed opportunity. (I however am curious if ArmA/PC will be a success in terms of sales, most ppl here think ArmA will be like OFP and sell over a million copies. I doubt that, and therefor think BIS will have to go for the 360 option to earn just that little bit extra of money)

Probably not which would be, let's say ... a missed opportunity. (I  however am curious if ArmA/PC will be a success in terms of sales, most ppl here think ArmA will be like OFP and sell over a million copies. I doubt that, and therefor think BIS will have to go for the 360 option to earn just that little bit extra of money)

As far as I know, they are working on Game 2 aswell...

If you ask me... they should keep patching ArmA on the pc until the bugs are ironed out and wanted/needed features are in, and then move on to DX10 and Xbox 360 for Game 2...

Probably not which would be, let's say ... a missed opportunity. (I  however am curious if ArmA/PC will be a success in terms of sales, most ppl here think ArmA will be like OFP and sell over a million copies. I doubt that, and therefor think BIS will have to go for the 360 option to earn just that little bit extra of money)

As far as I know, they are working on Game 2 aswell...

If you ask me... they should keep patching ArmA on the pc until the bugs are ironed out and wanted/needed features are in, and then move on to DX10 and Xbox 360 for Game 2...

If BIS won't run into financial troubles they probably will do this. Why bother with a ArmA/360 version if you don't need it to earn a living.

Question is (at least that is what i'm curious about) how important would a possible ArmA/360 be in terms of sales?

(provided that it would generate more money than the dev of ArmA/360 cost ... but BIS already has the knowledge of xbox and xbl so BIS wouldn't start from scratch, and they could/should use that to their advantage)

Well, who would publish such a thing? Most of these analyses would be based on how elite did. How did it do?

Well, who would publish such a thing?  Most of these analyses would be based on how elite did.  How did it do?

505:)

I guess Elite didn't do well but don't forget the launch was also very unfortunate (near 360 launch). Most of my clan who are GR and RS players and would partly would dig the Flashpoint gamestyle just didn't want to play xbox platform anymore. They just moved on to 360 and after a few months i did the same.

Btw, i posted this newsitem a while back ... nobody here cared but i thought it could be significant nonetheless

ArmA/360 can be played with controller

ArmA/360 doesn't have to be 'dumbed down'

and now

ArmA/360 could well have its 'mod community' (albeit with the use of pc and ArmA/pc to dev the mods), btw even Elite has mods;)

(ok, it is my usual Qubit for ArmA/360 rant ... but i'd like to have it said nonetheless)

If its interesting for BIS, they probably will do so.

But since ArmA is merely an OFP 1.5, in generic terms, I would love them to just skip it and put all on all to make Game 2 the ultimate simulator biggrin_o.gif

I should think that they would not do this for ArmA... Xbox 360 not old... so i'd expect Game2 to be a 360 game (if they feel its worthwhile...)

I would like Game2 to be launched on 360 so i can convert a few more people over to the BIS series smile_o.gif

Well, I shall remain hopeful... I have a worth-crap graphics card, so I can't get ArmA for PC. I'll be waiting for XBOX edition... smile_o.gif

Well if BIS anymore continue involming with consoles I will leave this series out of my mind. I will stay as OFP/IL2-46/Lock-ON/rFactor on PC forever.

Don't forget, BIS stated some time ago that they were mostly going to stick with PC over consoles, or that is what Placebo said, I do not remember the exact facts as I will have to read them again but I do remember something about not going with "frozen technology".

Well how good will ArmA will if BIS hadnt spend any time to developing OFP Elite and its needed learning making game technics to consoles and all those times just used to optimized new engine and make some more features to ArmA/Game 2. I will come sick when i thinking about it confused_o.gif . There rly is only few simulator games studios what I am still looking for all those games only to PC.

PC hardware is the most powerfull compared to any consoles but the reasoning its bad working is cause of: OS, drivers, directx, game optimizing compatibility.

ARMA to xbox360 would be awesome!

Im still sad that the OFPE doesnt run on the 360 because of backwards compatibility....ARRGGG

No. Why?

1) ArmA needs a highend computer to run smooth with good graphcis (I know, good is relative, but anyway wink_o.gif )

2) BIS will need to work very, very hard to get along with all the bugs and so on in ArmA. They're not that large for making an 360 version.

No. Why?

1) ArmA needs a highend computer to run smooth with good graphcis (I know, good is relative, but anyway ;) )

2) BIS will need to work very, very hard to get along with all the bugs and so on in ArmA. They're not that large for making an 360 version.

For crying out loud man. The 360 is a pc in disguise. The only real(!) trouble for a succesful 360 version is the fact that console players do not accept buggy games:)

So yes indeed BIS would have to do a lot to ensure a stable release worthy of a console.

I for one wouldn't rule out the possibility that a 360 rls would be more succesful than the pc version ... one of the reasons being that a real, though, hard core simulation game is not to be found on consoles (aka 360) ... Bis could jump into this void and claim the space where OGR and RS have left it.

I believe BI would make a ton from putting ArmA on the 360 since the 360 doesn't really have any games that are really worth a damn. People spend 60 dollars for a game that is entertaining for about week when I paid 40 for Operation Flashpoint before the 360 launch and Im still jumping back on that game. The main problem most of my friends had with flashpoint on xbox was the graphics which I just couldn't understand (prob since I come from the age of sprite based games smile_o.gif ).

I never really knew about Operation Flashpoint until I seen previews on the xbox. It looked like it may be fun so I searched for it and found most stores didn't carry it. Lucky I found a copy at gamespot and Im glad I did. After a few weeks of playing offline I decided it was time to get some Xbox live. This was the game that got me back into gaming I find it hard to believe that BI wouldn't release ArmA for the 360 if they could. I think flashpoint wasn't a huge success on the xbox because everyone was dying to have the next generation consoles. Well now we have them but we really don't have any games that are worth playing.

I myself bought a 360 (since I saved 20%) in hopes that ArmA was going to come out for it someday. I would of got a new computer but I recall back in the day having to rig the thing up the play the latest and greatest games. I really don't have time or patience left to mess around with that I like the consoles in that you just put your discs in and play.

Most of my buddies sold their old xboxes when they got their 360s. I couldn't believe they did that when the perfect game is sitting out there just waiting for purchase. Everyone just needs to be patient and hopefully BI will see the opportunity sitting in front them and take advantage of it. Personally I hope that they do so when it comes out I can show my buddies what they are missing.

Well I would have a lot more fait on ArmA being great on a console as opposed to OFP:E wich still was a great game in my oppinion even the graphics where nice. But without any updates a game like that gets dead to soon with a dead MP-community allready.

Still it was a great time killer until I got ArmA, and ArmA IS a great time killer for the long wait till Game 2, which I'd rather see on a console smile_o.gif

Well, I shall remain hopeful... I have a worth-crap graphics card, so I can't get ArmA for PC. I'll be waiting for XBOX edition...  smile_o.gif

Expect to be waiting a good 3 years + =P

it would be interesting to see if the XBOX360 hardware could handle ArmA with every graphics setting on maximum

I'll bite the bullet, Arma should be easy to throw at the 360.

a) 360 has quite enough cpu and graphics power plus no OS, background progs, drivers, etc...

b) Arma uses a graphically enhanced version of the xbox engine, thats problably why it isnt very scalable (7900GT or higher) on the PC.

Even if they had to reduce some details a bit it would still look great.

Would it sell? I dont know... because the game isnt all that inspired, design/theme wise, units, the missions confused_o.gif .

Arma is a platform that desperatly begs for better content for people to use, its a great engine (that still needs to be tuned) but i dont think it is a great game like OPFR was.

If BIS were to release something for console they would do better coming up with a whole new design, new units, environment and campaign/setting.

Or... they could just focus on a quality expantion smile_o.gif .

With as long as it took OFP to be ported to the xbox (which is the reason it took so long for us to get ArmA) ............ the XBOX 720 & PS4 will be out by then!!

Hopefully they stick to improving the PC version and have learned from the OFP Elite failure. You cant put out outdated graphics into a game when everyone is screaming for next gen quality.

With as long as it took OFP to be ported to the xbox (which is the reason it took so long for us to get ArmA) ............ the XBOX 720 & PS4 will be out by then!!

No mate, just recompile the shit on a 360 dev kit (which btw runs on a pc) ... Could do it in a weekend myself.

Then make a nice and impressive sp and mp demo put it on XBL marketplace. You don't need mags and or fansites. Just XBL marketplace is enough for starters. Create the hype (at least amongst hard core console gamers screaming for some serious shooting). Ow, and don't forget to throw in the Cobra:)

Of course in the gfx dep. ArmA can never compete with coming titles like Bioshock ... but the serious ArmA gamers go for the gameplay, not the gfx (although some nice gfx are needed to sell the shit). Imo current ArmA gfx will do nicely on 360.

b) Arma uses a graphically enhanced version of the xbox engine, thats problably why it isnt very scalable (7900GT or higher) on the PC.

It is perfectly scalable by todays standards. It runs fine on Geforce 6600s and Radeon 9600s. Why do people keep saying it isn't scalable? What do you expect? No shaders and ultra low detail artwork for a Geforce 2?

It has far more graphics options than, for example, Rainbow Six Vegas or GRAW.

ArmA is Direct X9, that alone makes quite a bit of difference between it and OFP:E. Obviously it has similarities, why waste good code? No point re-writing what you already have, of course some stuff is re-done though.

One of the main reasons i play FPS on the PC and only really play Sports games on the console is the fact that you can have more players online on a PC.

Playing ArmA with a max of 16 people just doesnt cut it for me and is the reason i wont spend $60 on the newer next gen console games.

Look at GOW for the 360 ............ i think its only a max of 8 players online.

Not to mention ..... all the console shooters are scripted so much you have to follow the same path over and over with the enemy always in the same places.

And a mouse & keyboard is the only way to go ..... lol.

Although i believe we will start seeing mouse & keyboard support for consoles very soon. This adapter looks very cool.

Xtenders XFPS 360