Sign in to follow this  
WKK Gimbal

Suggestion for difficulty settings

The difficulty settings has some great stuff, like disabling 3rd person view, etc.

How about a setting that disables Manual Fire for vehicles? It's not realistic to pilot and gun at once, or fire a cannon from the driver's seat. So for missions where you want to play in Vet mode and have everything realistic, this option would be nice.

The same goes for auto-hover.

It would also keep newbies from stealing choppers for themselves and level the map.

Gimball, alot of Helicopters do have an "auto hover" feature.

Advanced versions of this are used in Search And Rescue helicopters. You can set the speed and elevation (in 5 foot increments) , the dials are located on a special console.

But I see what you mean.

Tyler

LOL when they removed manual fire in a previous patch it caused a right uproar smile.gif

as far as I know, many choopers do have the ability for the pilot to fire weapons if the gunner is not there (ie. he´s been shot).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Like when tracers were removed.<span id='postcolor'>

That was a bug smile.gif

Realistic or unrealistic, it wouldnt hurt if there was an option...that way people could choose for themselves.

Options are always good! smile.gif

And remove ability to repair the entire tank or chopper at the duration of one second.

This just great to have a game where soldiers die from single lucky shot while vehicles can be just repaired as after magic spell.

BTW. There is potential design flaw with that bloody repair feature. One mission I stood as T72 against armored assault.

I had very slight chances of gunfire dancing with 5 M60 + M1A1, but I had a repair truck. I moved it around the corned of the nearest house and with my tank took the position right close. So when I was receiving hits from enemy tanks, I was reloading main gun and repairing altogether. Nice.

When radio traffic gets too intense, pulling the trigger myself is nice... esp. nice if that t80 is lining up his cannon on you...

The problem is that the fire command waits in line. Instead of being a sideband command you wait until all other things have been said before you say it.

Repairs should definitely take more time...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Feb. 03 2002,14:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as far as I know, many choopers do have the ability for the pilot to fire weapons if the gunner is not there (ie. he´s been shot).<span id='postcolor'>

Just as in Operation Flashpoint. The drawback is that you cannot turn a turreted weapon, you can only change the orientation of the vehicle.

about the tracers, IRL tracersare heavily used by anyone (more by MG of course), count about 1 tracers for 4 normal bullet for MG (MAG, Minimi...). For assault rifle, each rifleman is free to choose how and where he place the tracers in his magazine. About 1 per 3 normal bullet and 3 tracers at the end of the magazine (so the guy can see when he have to reload)

Just don't take away my manual fire in choppers. smile.gif For MP purposes (Public MP), it's really a need to have it. Unless you can get AI to gun for you.

To expand on the vehicle repair thing, how about Player & AI healing abilities. Would be neat if there was an option to let wounded soldiers bleed indefinately until they reach a medic or hospital, then if they get attention, not to restore more than 30% of their damage. smile.gif I think that is easy to implement too, can be scripted, but that's not the same.

How about an option to disable the auto prop pitch (auto collective control) for Helis? Maybe also manual or partly manual throttle control? (abviously that would finally require multiple game controller support, to map various axis of different controllers to various functions)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Jan. 14 2003,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would be neat if there was an option to let wounded soldiers bleed indefinately until they reach a medic or hospital, then if they get attention, not to restore more than 30% of their damage.  smile.gif   I think that is easy to implement too, can be scripted, but that's not the same.<span id='postcolor'>

This osrt of thing would be great - I have played a map with a "bleeding script" once you get hurt your health slowy drops, I'm sure this could be expanded into medics stopping the deteriation of health and maybe adding 10%, with tents maybe adding health the longer you stay in their - say 5mins for full health. This would be great in Coop MP missions - loads more realistic.